Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39848)

Eugeen 10-27-2017 12:56 PM

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

https://i.imgur.com/KXVafkY.png
https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/site
(Sound Warning, website has loud background music!)

It's currently only available in the australian iOS appstore so if you'd like to be early and download it now I suggest making an australian iTunes account if you haven't already.
More countries will get it down the line too ofcourse.

I've played it for quite a while and from my understanding it's a Click & Wait game.
You have to build up relationships with the animals by talking and doing tasks for them.
You can also craft furniture with the supplies you get from quests/missions, you need certain furniture to invite specific new animals to your campsite.
Other than that you'll randomly see other players as you go around who you can send friend requests to, you can also visit their campsite and check out what items they got for sale in their marketbox.

The things you can do more "actively" are fishing, bug catching, doing requests, decorating your campsite and changing up your outfit (clothing crafting hasn't been added yet though so you have to rely on what the market area has for sale)

Beginner tips:
- Be a horder, stacking up items just means you can instantly complete animal requests.
- Try to get new animals to your campsite as fast as you can, speeds up the leveling of your character since you can talk to more animals and do more requests.
- Don't spend the premium currency on useless things.
- Animals will talk again(Give exp) like every hour.
- Make sure to get all the fruit from your trees whenever you get on the game, they have a 3 hour re-grow timer.

Ethacon 10-28-2017 07:11 PM

lmao so it's pretty much taking the campground and campsite features of the real game combining them in some way, but you can customize it, and it also has activities like fishing.

lol it has crafting.

at least it has decent quality and is similar to the real thing.

Eugeen 10-28-2017 09:34 PM

Almost level 20 now.

You can upgrade your van similar to how your house on the normal animal crossing games works, expanding it and then having to pay it off over time.
When you have 5+ friends on the game you can start to play a mining activity for some extra rewards.

I seem to be getting to the point where I have to specifically pick which kind of animals I want at my campsite due to having to upgrade your tents which will only increase the max levels for specific types.
So now I have to start picking out animals based on those types(cute, cool, nature or sporty)

Kinda sucks but I guess down the line you'll have all animals unlocked and everything maxed out so it doesn't matter too much anyways

RyanB 10-28-2017 09:38 PM

Is it free? BC fuvk Nintendo

Ethacon 10-28-2017 10:27 PM

Come on Nintendo of America. Australia beat you to it wtfh.
(Wait, I'm guessing it was developed in Japan like all the other Nintendo games, then why is it available ONLY in the Australian app store?)

Eugeen 10-28-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by RyanB (Post 799693)
Is it free? BC fuvk Nintendo

It's free yeah, you get premium currency from just playing the game so you can unlock extra crafting spots and everything else with ease

PigParty 10-29-2017 02:03 AM

looks terribly boring. I mean I've played animal crossing befofe but this looks very limited.

Khai 10-29-2017 05:02 AM

I've never played Animal Crossing. Can someone give me the purpose of the game? What you can do, etc.

Eugeen 10-29-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 799720)
looks terribly boring. I mean I've played animal crossing befofe but this looks very limited.

It's pretty limited but it's quite fun to me so far.
This will probably change once I'm out of missions and have maxed out the tents though

Quote:

Posted by Khai (Post 799733)
I've never played Animal Crossing. Can someone give me the purpose of the game? What you can do, etc.

Collect, decorate, level up and change your characters appearance.

The original game on the ds systems has a lot more to offer than this

Ivy 10-29-2017 02:36 PM

Honestly i really tried and I just don't really like it at all.

AngelRose 10-30-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 799698)
Come on Nintendo of America. Australia beat you to it wtfh.
(Wait, I'm guessing it was developed in Japan like all the other Nintendo games, then why is it available ONLY in the Australian app store?)

The game was soft launched in Australia to test it for bugs, glitches etc. I read somewhere that Australia has a smaller but similar mobile market compared to the US

Nonetheless, I'm still excited to play this game :D

And its gameplay may seem limited now, but like most mobile games (especially Fire Emblem Heroes), there'll be way more content in the upcoming months

5hift 11-20-2017 04:04 AM

At least Nintendo makes their mobile games somewhat based around their original source material unlike those abominable Pokemon games like Pokemon Duel.

Snow Noob 11-21-2017 09:26 PM

It's out for the US now.

Add me if you play: 2070 0873 921

RyanB 11-21-2017 09:43 PM

ooo sik

Colin 11-21-2017 10:16 PM

ID: 9149 4587 224

Little bummed you have to buy K.K. and Tom Nook, going to purchase them anyways however since it's only like $30 if you get the celebration bonus pack.

No achievements? Only goals?

Kinda hoped we'd have long term achievements like catch 10,000 bugs etc, edit nvm, they just move to the bottom of the stretched goals interface, though a stats profile would be nice.