Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Is this spam, or a serious issue? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40124)

SomeGuy 01-04-2018 05:42 PM

Is this spam, or a serious issue?

Hello all!

Quick question about my email. I've been getting these on my other aol account. It says my message was returned to sender or whatever. Here it is:

(I've deleted the IP and whatnot from the email, aswell as my own email, lilscott999 is not mine.)

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
delivery. The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the
section labeled: "----- The delivery status notification errors -----".

The line beginning with "Diagnostic-Code:" describes the specific reason
your e-mail could not be delivered. The following lines contains the
RFC822 header of the original email message.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The delivery status notification errors -----

<[email protected]>:
delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted -
mta4360.mail.gq1.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA command)
Return-Path: Received: from omr-a009e.mx.aol.com (omr-a009.mx.aol.com [64]) (using TLSv1 with cipher SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by oms-a013e.mx.aol.com (AOL Outbound OMS Interface) with ESMTPS for ; Thu, 4 Jan 2018 12:51:18 -0500 (EST) Received: from mtaout-mab02.mx.aol.com (mtaout-mab02.mx.aol.com [82]) by omr-a009e.mx.aol.com (Outbound Mail Relay) with ESMTP id for ; Thu, 4 Jan No client certificate requested) by mtaout-mab02.mx.aol.com (MUA/Third Party Client Interface) with ESMTPSA id6 for ; Thu, 4 Jan 2018 12:51:17 -0500 (EST) From: Leslie Craig To: Scott Clinkscales Subject: Re: for Scott Clinkscales x-aol-global-disposition: S X-SPAM-FLAG: YES DKIM-Signature:

I was unable to paste it in the correct way, but its basically sending me these and I don't know if my email is compromised, or wether this is email spoofing or whatever its called where they make it seem like your email is sending out spam. Help!

Rusix 01-04-2018 08:23 PM

Is your Wi-Fi working? If it is bad it could send it back. Also I'd delete the IP addresses in the report.

I'll take a look into finding a solution for you

Also,Check of the email on your end and the email your sending to is Correct. Make sure internet is working well. If your on Android or IOS make sure your iTunes or Google thing is Sync to the email app. If it continues tell me. Rn I don't have my list of diagnostic solutions I made at hand I just checked, but those generally fix Email problems

SomeGuy 01-04-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 805919)
Is your Wi-Fi working? If it is bad it could send it back. Also I'd delete the IP addresses in the report.

I'll take a look into finding a solution for you

Also,Check of the email on your end and the email your sending to is Correct. Make sure internet is working well. If your on Android or IOS make sure your iTunes or Google thing is Sync to the email app. If it continues tell me. Rn I don't have my list of diagnostic solutions I made at hand I just checked, but those generally fix Email problems

Nah its none of that, wifi is fine and apple mail is synced up properly. My main concern is the fact that the emails it mentions in the coding section stuff; are ones i've never seen in my entire life. Im concerned someone (likely a spammer.) has gained access and is sending spam mail to other people. I don't know much about emails but i know they aren't supposed to do this. Furthermore, it wont allow me to send or recieve emails on the account.

Rusix 01-05-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 805942)
Nah its none of that, wifi is fine and apple mail is synced up properly. My main concern is the fact that the emails it mentions in the coding section stuff; are ones i've never seen in my entire life. Im concerned someone (likely a spammer.) has gained access and is sending spam mail to other people. I don't know much about emails but i know they aren't supposed to do this. Furthermore, it wont allow me to send or recieve emails on the account.

I don't think it would be a spammer. However reading through this, It appears that the email bounced back because the client certificate wasn't requested by the server when you sent the email. This can mean a multiple of things, like the certificate not working or needs fixed or being bugged. I wouldn't imagine it would be a spammer looking at this though. It mainly appears as a certificate issue

SomeGuy 01-05-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 805956)
I don't think it would be a spammer. However reading through this, It appears that the email bounced back because the client certificate wasn't requested by the server when you sent the email. This can mean a multiple of things, like the certificate not working or needs fixed or being bugged. I wouldn't imagine it would be a spammer looking at this though. It mainly appears as a certificate issue

Ok i'll look into it, you've certainly helped because its been pretty concerning seeing as though they could've found many passwords and private emails etc. Thanks.