Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Laptop Suggestions in a Budget (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39889)

Rolense 11-10-2017 07:44 AM

Laptop Suggestions in a Budget

Guys I need some help. I couldn't decide what laptop should I get. I was going to buy an ultrabook but I then soon realized that I won't be able to use for college. What is the best laptop in a budgeted way as possible? (800$ below)

I was hoping for good video cards like nvidia 940mx? Like that or better, for any design software use like CADs, Rendering and more.

Hoping a reply! Thank you

5hift 11-10-2017 11:09 PM

Lol the 940mx is by no means a “good” gpu.

Rusix 11-13-2017 03:01 PM

Depends, if your wanting a top notch laptop 800 is a somewhat low price for most, Unless you plan to shop on Black Friday. Also depends what operating system you want ( Like Windows 10 or Windows 7 or whatever you feel more comfortable with if it matters to you at all).

Also the GPU is somewhat a big factor, Nvidia and AMD have pretty close to being equals (But I'll say Nvidia has in recent years gotten slight better than AMD, but I wouldn't say by a amount large enough where it really matters too much, but thier GPU is so somewhat comparable if you buy the newer versions that it really just kind of depends on what game you plan on playing, and the resolution. But Nvidia is a bit better, But same time AMD is a pretty affordable.

I'd probably try to customize your own, since in my experience I found better results in it, it may be more affordable and depending on what parts you get. Or wait till Black Friday and find the good deals around

DoubleliftGraal 11-21-2017 03:59 AM

Get a New Samsung Chromebook XE503C12 Laptop Led Lcd Screen 11.6" WXGA HD N116BGE-L41. It has the latest features of having Cortana and also has a built in pen. In fact, it doesn't go out of order that easily. People give this a 4/5 AND it's only 40 bucks so you should consider this computer

Rusix 11-21-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 801842)
Get a New Samsung Chromebook XE503C12 Laptop Led Lcd Screen 11.6" WXGA HD N116BGE-L41. It has the latest features of having Cortana and also has a built in pen. In fact, it doesn't go out of order that easily. People give this a 4/5 AND it's only 40 bucks so you should consider this computer

A $40 chrome book? Brand new? Or we talking for payments each month? Either sounds like a easily disposable one or a cheap one that wouldn't last long. I have rarely ever seen a laptop under 90 dollars that lasted more than a few months without an issue.(Seen a few, just extremely rare) But hey.. They do have a $5 iPhone I saw on unbox therapy.

5hift 11-22-2017 04:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 801842)

LOL OP wants a machine that can do CAD and digital rendering and you recommend a ****ing Chromebook?

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 801871)
A $40 chrome book? Brand new? Or we talking for payments each month? Either sounds like a easily disposable one or a cheap one that wouldn't last long. I have rarely ever seen a laptop under 90 dollars that lasted more than a few months without an issue.(Seen a few, just extremely rare) But hey.. They do have a $5 iPhone I saw on unbox therapy.

A Chromebook selling for 40 bucks? Not surprising at all considering its a Chromebook.

Rusix 11-24-2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 801913)
LOL OP wants a machine that can do CAD and digital rendering and you recommend a ****ing Chromebook?

A Chromebook selling for 40 bucks? Not surprising at all considering its a Chromebook.

Still for $40 bucks, Surprised if it isnt made of plastic. Like RCA tablets

Ethacon 11-29-2017 12:32 PM

Chromebooks suck and my school uses them instead of at least Mac Books.

RyanB 12-03-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 802438)
Chromebooks suck and my school uses them instead of at least Mac Books.

Lol and does your school have ****ty wifi?

DoubleliftGraal 12-03-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 801913)

Dude, what's wrong with a chromebook? I've used it and it is excellently terrible! In fact, I would recommend it to anyone except everyone.... CAD rendering/3d editing is possible as long as you put the software into the chromebook right?

5hift 12-04-2017 02:48 AM

Quote:

Posted by DoubleliftGraal (Post 802765)
Dude, what's wrong with a chromebook? I've used it and it is excellently terrible! In fact, I would recommend it to anyone except everyone.... CAD rendering/3d editing is possible as long as you put the software into the chromebook right?

Lol can't tell if you're trolling or just being a gigantic headass.