Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Graal Is dead - Here is how to fix it (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42180)

Rilo 01-24-2022 04:31 PM

Graal Is dead - Here is how to fix it

Graal has been the most dead/boring it has even been for a long time now, with under 1k players on daily. There are a lot of problems and flaws that the game has at the moment. I will share my thoughts of the game and potential solutions that can be considered to be put into place. I speak for myself and a lot of players who may agree.

Sparring

Sparring is one of those activities on graal that makes the game Graal to a lot of the playerbase. Its one of the most popular activities and the most competitive. I can say from experience I have had a massive amount of my losses due to laggers that teleport and hit me out of nowhere with no way to counter it, vpners that delay, or people that you simply cannot hit for no reason, the hits do not register. I feel like the games rewards laggers and cheaters over people who are actually good at the game. I think a good fix for this would to have ping specific rooms, or a ping limit that you need to join a queue. This way there will be no connectivity issues and more of a fair experience. I did love the spar reward addition to the game, but I feel like it can still be improved on to give players the best experience possible.

Towering

Another big part of the game is towering. I feel like towering is at the worst part it has ever been in. I feel that it is highly unfair that 2+ guilds are allowed to place in the same season. Also I see lot of people complain about the hats every season. To combat these things, I feel like having 2 guild types (Social/Family, allowing the 50 player limit) and (Towering, allowing only 25) in addition to this, I feel like bringing back old towers or completely new ones would spice things up. I feel like the 25 limit would making towering more competitive alongside the new towers. Also People who have the "Towering" guild types will be allowed forts, or have it so some forts are for pk and some specifically for tower. Also, bringing back player-made rewards would help with the constant complaints about the hats each season. I dont see why not since we have player-made content at xmas and halloween. Or at the very least, have a request on what the gfx staff makes, like style details etc, seems fair for the player to pick what the player earned

Events

As a frequent eventer myself, I feel like events are also in a really bad stage. First of all: update the carnival tent man. Auto events are fun and is a fun stat to have on the profile, but If there is no new content there, there is less of an incentive to play them. Admin events: While events have been way more frequent as of lately (Shout out Neo, Star, Lubo, Boba, and so on) I feel like EU timezones miss out on 80% of all events. It would be awesome if there was a designated event team for events. That way events can be hosted at all different timezones instead of just US timezones, as well as a bit more frequent events as they do not have normal GP duties. Also a few new gamemodes would be nice, playing the same set few games gets repetitive.

Content Updates

I feel like I cant be the only one who is sick of these little content updates. We need something big, something like a Co-Op cave, new quests, or a new town *cough* babord. Seeing all that out of bounds is quite a tease I must say, maybe even new ways to earn gralats like mining. We are bored we need something new to do thats not the same generic hats in updates. Speaking of content updates Nexus.. nexus used to be something special. The past 2 years have been horrible, one using a re-theme and the other being lackluster, no quest barely any hats no 2Pmount etc etc. I feel like they are just bigger onnet shops at this point. Xmas: Dont get me started. The hat drop rate was horrible. I dont understand how 400,000gralats = less than a hat page (personal experience) Its just unfair to players to spend so much to get so little. Also content cutbacks are bugging me. Phasing out gif hats, removing towers, stuff like that. I and many others are sick of it.

At the moment I cannot think of much else, Im sure I will in the future, but let me know your thoughts on this or anything you would add. This is by no means an attack to any of the Staff, GP, devs, or anyone, just a few thoughts I have had as a player who loves the game as much as the next guy. <3

Sir Travis 01-25-2022 06:07 PM

Yes please,

I once pitched a Rock Paper Scissors style jousting thing to showcase mounts
Got told it maybe existed before on player worlds

Game has some sweet components now, but the roadmap is blank, I don’t think any of us has a clue as to what is in the works truly

Can’t you just give us one of those nasty Elderscrolls style teasers with a knock-off Patrick Stewart narrating?

maximus_asinus 01-29-2022 03:49 AM

sorry guys but Graal and it's staff have never done anything to improve the quality of their own game.

4-Lom 02-04-2022 04:39 PM

*laughs in furniture and hats*

Xenthic 02-06-2022 12:25 PM

Had 1086 players on a Saturday at a peak time, has 850 players on a Sunday as I'm about to post this.

CrepikCZ 02-07-2022 03:22 PM

its easy, go release graal online classic with HUGE updates on steam or any platform like that.

Kendama 02-09-2022 01:27 AM

It sure feels like they killed the fun in this game intentionally. In my opinion, it all started when the deleted Yorktown tower. Then announced the end of 1k guild rewards. Then started slowly deleting other towers. Then deleting the all-time scoreboard. Then nerfing farming into the ground, and as a byproduct destroying the way houses have been used since conception (codeshops, mazes, ect).

It's like every update was thought up by someone who has no idea how to come up with good ideas. I'm fairly convinced that these changes were intentionally meant to kill the towering community. Someone thought it would be more profitable to force players to roleplay and buy cosmetics rather than pursue towering and chase after prestige (and free) 1k hats instead.

4-Lom 02-10-2022 04:11 PM

Farming changes
Furniture resale nerfs
Upload tokens
Bug price slash
Loot spawn nerf

iHot 02-11-2022 06:23 PM

Stage 1: Players come spend money on gralats and enjoy socializing with friends
Stage 2: Players begin to get bored with current content but still play
Stage 3: Players begin to vocally express their dissatisfaction with the games direction on a dead online forum
Stage 4: Players leave after realizing nothing will ever change and that they just outgrew the game.
Stage 5: New players in Stage One simply replace the older players and the cycle begins anew.

A game built primarily by people volunteering their time and getting no monetary compensation will never grow, it’s that simple. Take Graal for what it is and if you want a game with some depth then you’re probably better off finding a new game to play.

Sir Travis 02-12-2022 02:29 PM

A Development road map
A change log

You know it would shut a lot of us up, come on, you know you wanna

Xenthic 02-13-2022 08:54 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 832796)
A Development road map
A change log

You know it would shut a lot of us up, come on, you know you wanna

That'll only disappoint people lol *cough* NGS *cough*

MikvaGraal 02-18-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rilo (Post 832777)
Graal has been the most dead/boring it has even been for a long time now, with under 1k players on daily. There are a lot of problems and flaws that the game has at the moment. I will share my thoughts of the game and potential solutions that can be considered to be put into place. I speak for myself and a lot of players who may agree.

Sparring

Sparring is one of those activities on graal that makes the game Graal to a lot of the playerbase. Its one of the most popular activities and the most competitive. I can say from experience I have had a massive amount of my losses due to laggers that teleport and hit me out of nowhere with no way to counter it, vpners that delay, or people that you simply cannot hit for no reason, the hits do not register. I feel like the games rewards laggers and cheaters over people who are actually good at the game. I think a good fix for this would to have ping specific rooms, or a ping limit that you need to join a queue. This way there will be no connectivity issues and more of a fair experience. I did love the spar reward addition to the game, but I feel like it can still be improved on to give players the best experience possible.

Towering

Another big part of the game is towering. I feel like towering is at the worst part it has ever been in. I feel that it is highly unfair that 2+ guilds are allowed to place in the same season. Also I see lot of people complain about the hats every season. To combat these things, I feel like having 2 guild types (Social/Family, allowing the 50 player limit) and (Towering, allowing only 25) in addition to this, I feel like bringing back old towers or completely new ones would spice things up. I feel like the 25 limit would making towering more competitive alongside the new towers. Also People who have the "Towering" guild types will be allowed forts, or have it so some forts are for pk and some specifically for tower. Also, bringing back player-made rewards would help with the constant complaints about the hats each season. I dont see why not since we have player-made content at xmas and halloween. Or at the very least, have a request on what the gfx staff makes, like style details etc, seems fair for the player to pick what the player earned

Events

As a frequent eventer myself, I feel like events are also in a really bad stage. First of all: update the carnival tent man. Auto events are fun and is a fun stat to have on the profile, but If there is no new content there, there is less of an incentive to play them. Admin events: While events have been way more frequent as of lately (Shout out Neo, Star, Lubo, Boba, and so on) I feel like EU timezones miss out on 80% of all events. It would be awesome if there was a designated event team for events. That way events can be hosted at all different timezones instead of just US timezones, as well as a bit more frequent events as they do not have normal GP duties. Also a few new gamemodes would be nice, playing the same set few games gets repetitive.

Content Updates

I feel like I cant be the only one who is sick of these little content updates. We need something big, something like a Co-Op cave, new quests, or a new town *cough* babord. Seeing all that out of bounds is quite a tease I must say, maybe even new ways to earn gralats like mining. We are bored we need something new to do thats not the same generic hats in updates. Speaking of content updates Nexus.. nexus used to be something special. The past 2 years have been horrible, one using a re-theme and the other being lackluster, no quest barely any hats no 2Pmount etc etc. I feel like they are just bigger onnet shops at this point. Xmas: Dont get me started. The hat drop rate was horrible. I dont understand how 400,000gralats = less than a hat page (personal experience) Its just unfair to players to spend so much to get so little. Also content cutbacks are bugging me. Phasing out gif hats, removing towers, stuff like that. I and many others are sick of it.

At the moment I cannot think of much else, Im sure I will in the future, but let me know your thoughts on this or anything you would add. This is by no means an attack to any of the Staff, GP, devs, or anyone, just a few thoughts I have had as a player who loves the game as much as the next guy. <3

You act as if Graal staff legitimately care if they run this game into the ground, it’s been on a downfall for 5 years. But don’t worry there’s plenty of hats and furniture coming out for Easter soon. Good job admins you only cared for customizations and allowed the game to die. Who are you geniuses going to sell too? The only 12 people who actively play anymore?

Torankusu 02-21-2022 04:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by MikvaGraal (Post 832800)
You act as if Graal staff legitimately care if they run this game into the ground, it’s been on a downfall for 5 years.

5 years? the game has been in a decline since 2001.

SomeGuy 02-22-2022 06:12 PM

Just let it die

Pokki 02-26-2022 05:59 PM

lmao