Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Codecademy (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22233)

Platinum 11-23-2013 09:25 AM

Codecademy

Codecademy.com is an interactive website dedicated to teaching people coding. It teaches HTML, C#, Python, and a few others (not GS2, sadly). It is simple to use and doesn't slam everything at you all at once, meaning that you can learn fast (at least I did). It requires an account.
I recommend this website to all potential developers wanting to learn how to code :)

GOAT 11-24-2013 03:49 PM

coding is easy. sword= setsword and shield=setshield
example: setsword-talons-dealthough-swrod.png
setshield-emera-leaks-stefans-nuts.png

Talon 11-24-2013 05:35 PM

Love this website, very beginner-friendly. Picked up Python in a few days without any prior experience.

Zazzi* 11-24-2013 08:00 PM

If only I could code my life to actually try it.

Iceswift 11-24-2013 09:02 PM

I signed up for this a while ago and i kind of just lost intrest in it after a while :\

JesterTheCat 11-24-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Iceswift (Post 429875)
I signed up for this a while ago and i kind of just lost intrest in it after a while :\

Its not a very easy/interesting site. Often, the code screws up because the web page has an issue and from learning half of Java,it hasnt taught anything fun lol.
I guess you have to be into programming to love it. I love it because I want to learn programming.

Also, account creation isnt required. I have done some lessons on my iPad without having to sign up.

Dusty 11-24-2013 10:02 PM

Most programmer tutorials/lessons assume you know nothing about programming. So they start from the absolute beginning, teaching you simple concepts and logic. If you already have some sort of understanding of those then that beginner stuff can be insanely boring. Even if you don't, most people think programming is about making cool ****... and get bored when all they're doing is telling a program to output "Hello World" and simple arithmetic.

Then, after you finally get past all of that boring crap you finally realize programming is about 10% fun and 90% frustration.

JesterTheCat 11-24-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 429886)
Most programmer tutorials/lessons assume you know nothing about programming. So they start from the absolute beginning, teaching you simple concepts and logic. If you already have some sort of understanding of those then that beginner stuff can be insanely boring. Even if you don't, most people think programming is about making cool ****... and get bored when all they're doing is telling a program to output "Hello World" and simple arithmetic.

Then, after you finally get past all of that boring crap you finally realize programming is about 10% fun and 90% frustration.

If you really wanna see a game that can make programming fun, check out Roblox. Not CoddeAcademy. Roblox shows you how scripting works.

HappyCat123 11-29-2013 12:37 AM

I like this website. I'm past the part where I learn about functions in JS and I feel like a fluttering butterfly.

Cadavre 11-29-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 429886)

True, but the frustration is part of the fun. :>

Koolaid 11-29-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Posted by JesterTheCat (Post 429891)
If you really wanna see a game that can make programming fun, check out Roblox. Not CoddeAcademy. Roblox shows you how scripting works.

Robloc... its basically Minecraft lmao

Roblox*

imSupah 12-01-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Posted by Koolaid (Post 431081)
Robloc... its basically Minecraft lmao Roblox*

Roblox came before Minecraft......

BboyEatsbacon 12-01-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Cadavre (Post 431074)
True, but the frustration is part of the fun. :>

Precisely: the frustration makes the end solution that much more satisfying.

Cadavre 12-01-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by BboyEatsbacon (Post 431809)
Precisely: the frustration makes the end solution that much more satisfying.

Yeah! About that, I've gotten some real promising progress on my RC. :)
It even supports skins and the config from the official one.

Ryan 12-01-2013 09:53 AM

I found this about a year ago and it is very useful.