Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why so many "restrictions?" (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42055)

Weeno 11-27-2020 06:29 PM

Why so many "restrictions?"

Stupid question but I've just returned to graal and I'm a little confused. Why isn't my text showing up? Why can't I even update my status after just downloading the game? I know it works on my main account but when I log out it didn't let me do these things until I gained idek how much hours. Is there a reason why? I would assume people who just download the game will feel a disconnection and probably delete the game. The whole text disappearing after several seconds already feels bad enough, then you have to be identified to be part of a guild? What else is there?

McCullough 11-27-2020 07:19 PM

Lots of games do this. It can prevent people from simply trying to advertise or do what others would consider inappropriate.

It's fairly easy to actually download a game and do malicious things.

For example, you can't spar until you've played a certain amount of hours. You can't enter towers or hit the flag without being in a guild. And now you probably can't put things in your status or say much without being identified or have a certain amount of hours. This can prevent predators from getting easy advertising or manipulating efforts, and simply stops trolls of any sort.

It may not seem like a big deal, but it makes it easier to do this than to answer hundreds of reports from kids who saw naughty words from a troll account by banning these malicious people. Sometimes it's better to limit intent rather than enforce against malicious intent.

4-Lom 11-28-2020 02:59 AM

Sounds like it gives a ban some teeth. Good work team.

Weeno 11-29-2020 02:59 AM

I figured it would have to do something with people making new accounts for bad activity and all that but... aren't they just gonna do that regardless? Afk for an hour and then go advertise or whatever. I mean it's not like that happens much anyways. Rarely ever saw burner accounts as an issue. Why now? when the population is decreasing? If I was a kid and my first impression of a game was that I can't even talk or join a group I'd probably quit

Plus what does all this have to do with having to be identified to join a guild and most importantly tower. That's just cutting off new players abilities to. 1. Socialize more and make new friends and 2. Tower, which is where most pvp activity happens. If I started a game and can't even go participate in the biggest form of pvp I'd just quit

Weeno 11-30-2020 08:23 PM

I've been testing things on my noob account and turns out I have to be identified to CREATE A HOUSE???? Seriously I didn't even get identified during my first 4 years of playing graal. I doubt I'd be here today if these restrictions were existing years ago

Weeno 12-04-2020 08:17 PM

Guess what I also found out. You can't even PM PEOPLE when you start off the game. Just who thought of this?? Yes I get it there's hackers and trolls but with the population decreasing there's less of those than in the past. So why NOW?? Why cut off communication and activities for new players I just don't get it. What are they suppose to do when they start off the game? Walk around helplessly?

Sir Travis 12-05-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 831869)
Sounds like it gives a ban some teeth. Good work team.

Finally, the ban hammer becomes a useful tool again. It must have been frustrating to try to employ punishments before, only to see them sidestepped immediately

4-Lom 12-05-2020 06:31 PM

Chad thunderc*ck is rolling in his grave.

Numbrero 12-05-2020 07:45 PM

Rowdy Ronda still lives

GOAT 12-05-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 831871)
2. Tower, which is where most pvp activity happens. If I started a game and can't even go participate in the biggest form of pvp I'd just quit

Pk'ng is where most of the pvp happens. Has been the case since I showed up.

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 831871)
Plus what does all this have to do with having to be identified to join a guild and most importantly tower.

I'm pretty sure the identifying thing had to do with a lot of players abusing the lack of that to cheat items with noob accounts.

If you delete the app or loose your device all your stuff will be lost, so it's good to be identified.

Example: I collected a lot of carnival event hats/items, but never identified. I updated my iphone and now the app won't connect. Bye Bye bubble hat, pony, and like 30 hats :'(

Weeno 12-05-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831947)
Pk'ng is where most of the pvp happens. Has been the case since I showed up.

I'm pretty sure the identifying thing had to do with a lot of players abusing the lack of that to cheat items with noob accounts.

If you delete the app or loose your device all your stuff will be lost, so it's good to be identified.

Example: I collected a lot of carnival event hats/items, but never identified. I updated my iphone and now the app won't connect. Bye Bye bubble hat, pony, and like 30 hats :'(

1. I should have worded it better, I was referring to pk but I was trying to say towers are where most of the pking happens. I really don't see that much ppl go out and kill people for fun anymore. Even then it's still not that efficient and there's no big motivation or goal behind it unlike towering.
2. And honestly when players first play the game they should already know running the risk of playing without an identified account. Maybe graal should add a little message or something when they first start the game.

GOAT 12-07-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 831951)
2. And honestly when players first play the game they should already know running the risk of playing without an identified account. Maybe graal should add a little message or something when they first start the game.

I usually visit classic once a year for a couple weeks to pk just for old times. I'm currently playing and I get a message reminding me to identify.

Doubt it will be changed, but I get your point.