Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why the forum so dead?? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42040)

Breezy 11-05-2020 08:52 PM

Why the forum so dead??

Title

Sir Travis 11-05-2020 09:13 PM

Are you sure it’s dead? Try saying something salty or flammable

Smack talk some Spar people or PKers and I’ll bet this thread lights up pretty dang quick

Lots of passionate players in Classic

GOAT 11-06-2020 05:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 831671)
Are you sure it’s dead? Try saying something salty or flammable

Smack talk some Spar people or PKers and I’ll bet this thread lights up pretty dang quick

Lots of passionate players in Classic

? The forum is on life support.

Forum is dead for 2 reasons
1. Strict moderation after it became official (eliminated the “toxic” posters)
2. The non toxic posters that were left feel/felt a certain way about Darlene and the owner taking over (especially the old timers from pc graal)

those 2+ months that was closed didn’t help either

IMO

SammyPs 11-06-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831679)

2. The non toxic posters that were left feel/felt a certain way about Darlene and the owner taking over (especially the old timers from pc graal)

IMO

daddy chill

SomeGuy 11-06-2020 12:15 PM

Because graal sucks and no one here actually plays it anymore.

Emera 11-06-2020 05:23 PM

It's sad to see quite a big part of my childhood dying off :(

SomeGuy 11-06-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Emera (Post 831686)
It's sad to see quite a big part of my childhood dying off :(

Who cares. Graal sucks. Let it crawl in its hole and die.

Sawyer 11-06-2020 08:47 PM

Yeah part of it is the game sucks and a lot of the active userbase here stopped playing. This is just from my personal experience IMO.

4-Lom 11-07-2020 07:20 AM

Damn noobs gone soft and stopped trying.

Game is fine. The forum just isn't advertising it's presence in the game itself enough.

GOAT 11-11-2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 831692)

Since when did you become such a savage

Sir Travis 11-11-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 831692)

Game is fine. The forum just isn't advertising it's presence in the game itself enough.

It’s true, I have often wondered why it isn’t mentioned more often as it’s a wealth of info

But the forum is a minefield... tricky place to navigate without triggering folks, New members be wary :D

iHot 11-11-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831679)

IMO

All this is true along with the fact that the game has essentially been the same for the 11 years it’s been on the AppStore and there have no been close to no notable or exciting changes to gameplay. Graal was fun partly because you could learn to script, make levels, create animations, sounds, graphics etc. but I feel that now there’s no incentive for anyone to want to do that and it’s held the game back.

Dusty 11-11-2020 04:33 PM

I'd say the forums actually died when they were closed for months with no news of being reopened. We lost pretty much the entire userbase and no real incentive to come back when everyone migrated to other social platforms or just lost interest. I don't think the handful of users that got moderated or banned carried the forums on their back.

4-Lom 11-11-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831716)
Since when did you become such a savage

Sorry goat, I care a little less every day.
Didn't mean to hurt your sensibilities.

iHot 11-11-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 831723)
I'd say the forums actually died when they were closed for months with no news of being reopened. We lost pretty much the entire userbase and no real incentive to come back when everyone migrated to other social platforms or just lost interest. I don't think the handful of users that got moderated or banned carried the forums on their back.

Initially, I still remember logging on everyday hoping that it would be the day the forums would reopen but after about a month past I came less and less until by the time I realized it was back it didn’t matter to me as much.