Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The solution was found FOLLOW THESE STEPS (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39985)

November* 12-06-2017 10:06 PM

The solution was found FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. Change the map! Something more interesting.
2. Fire all the current admins and hire proper admins with a proper application!
3. Change the tileset! Change it into someone more realistic!
4. Find more ways to abuse our zone players!
5.New event items!

List 12-07-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by November* (Post 803065)
2. Fire all the current admins and hire proper admins with a proper application!
5.New event items!

I agree with 1.

2 isn't going to happen, it's all corrupt

3. They could easily use that one the guy made idk why they arent

4. wut

5. That would be nice

Loop 12-07-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by List (Post 803074)
3. They could easily use that one the guy made idk why they arent

They need more people in the levels team I think

Shmegg 12-07-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by November* (Post 803065)
5.New event items!

1 and 3 don't fix the fundamental issue with Zone -- it's just empty. Sure, it'll look different, but there is nothing that will keep players online.

2 is pretty unrealistic for the volunteer system Graal has; if it were paid, I could understand, but as time goes on, there's less and less reason to spend your time on the server.

5 is good, especially considering that they've had the same Events Shop for years. cough cough ticket shop

TomatoPanda 12-08-2017 11:14 AM

Zones gonna need unix to hire somebody that actually know what their doing as manager. Alpho and Dusty would be the best choices but sadly unix dumb bum got on alphos bad side and theres no reason for dusty to leave classic unless portha offers more $. In a year or so I can see the manager position being given to HW even tho she struggling managing 2 servers already.

Ethacon 12-08-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shmegg (Post 803148)
1 and 3 don't fix the fundamental issue with Zone -- it's just empty. Sure, it'll look different, but there is nothing that will keep players online.

2 is pretty unrealistic for the volunteer system Graal has; if it were paid, I could understand, but as time goes on, there's less and less reason to spend your time on the server.

5 is good, especially considering that they've had the same Events Shop for years. cough cough ticket shop

Zone is just... agh. I can only hope Chucky gets to be in charge rather than that other guy that got moved to the levels team from the ZP team without ANY prior experience.

Yeah, I saw that ticket shop thing too. Is it safe to assume you were the one that was to finish it?

Quote:

Posted by Loop (Post 803147)
They need more people in the levels team I think

You might be right, but... I tried, my levels probably just weren't good enough no matter what. I am sure they would hire other people though.

That is if that person could successfully get in contact with the right people.

Rusix 12-08-2017 02:28 PM

Better solution!
1. Drag and drop the entire Zone game to delete section

Done

November* 12-08-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 803219)
Better solution!
1. Drag and drop the entire Zone game to delete section

Done

Is that really a solution?

annakittcat 12-08-2017 11:57 PM

1.)Why should we change the map?
We should change the map for a lot of reasons. For one of many shared concerns (I believe) is that it is hard to come back to and know where everything is the first time. It's the constant looking at a map that makes me honestly (and probably the rest of us) a little sick. As well as the over crowding, and just big blur the map is.

The solution?

I don't even know if this game has the planet option anymore where you could go to this lava planet, a spring planet, etc. Maybe bringing this system back to down size the map. A planet that's like a shopping district/bazaar where all ships from far and wide come to sell weapons, clothes, heads, etc. Goods and services could be hand selected for this. The choice of clothes at this place and weapons in the homeland for example. (idk)

Another planet could be in constant war where you would put basing. It would give staff more room to try creative basing while also finding ways to deal with the balancing issues because of the new slate. Or just keep the bases in the homeland and create a "lore" to explain why and maintain balancing issues there (if there is any).

2.)Staffing
**not all staff on zone are lazy I am just saying in a general way to make this easier for me to write**
It could be dealt with in one fair swoop where we just rehire them all, ezpz, problem solved. However, why not ask first: Why do they feel lazy? What has happened? Try to resolve this with questions before firing everyone because if we just fire and rehire everyone we will probably end up with the same issue(s) now. Or pick out the people who are working and ask them what we should do since they know about this system and how things work on zone more than the rest of us.

3.) Changing the tileset
I don't know how this would happen or what we could do to make this happen because this is not just, "BOOM!" one day project.I mean none of these changes are, so for this and any of these things to happen. I can only hope it will happen and I would understanding if it took a while. As long as awhile does not mean, "oh we're working on it. It'll just be finished (insert date here)" The date arrives. Nothing happens.

4 & 5)No. Yes I agree, new event items should be added I guess.

I tried to underline things and stuff for people who don't feel like reading. These are just my thoughts though.

https://i.imgur.com/5SSXStA.jpg

Ethacon 12-09-2017 12:19 AM

Many staff members have tried to do things that Blackfires simply does not follow through with or upload to the main server and release to the public because he didn't come up with the task himself. I'm sure there are many things Howler for example would love to do, but he is hardly given any good tasks because they are mostly given to other gfx staff especially Lex the "gun god".

Chucky considered (or jokingly considered) making a new events lobby "just for Howler" (the funny part. He said it while hosting events with a handful of other admins including Howler present.) but he followed it up with "Blackfires probably won't use/upload it anyways" or something along the lines of that.

annakittcat 12-09-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 803281)
Many staff members have tried to do things that Blackfires simply does not follow through with or upload to the main server and release to the public because he didn't come up with the task himself. I'm sure there are many things Howler for example would love to do, but he is hardly given any good tasks because they are mostly given to other gfx staff especially Lex the "gun god".

Chucky considered (or jokingly considered) making a new events lobby "just for Howler" (the funny part. He said it while hosting events with a handful of other admins including Howler present.) but he followed it up with "Blackfires probably won't use/upload it anyways" or something along the lines of that.

Well that's a pickle :/

G Fatal 12-09-2017 03:06 PM

Revolutionary.

TomatoPanda 12-19-2017 02:00 AM

Push the reset button

Ethacon 12-19-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 804210)
Push the reset button

OOOOFFF

annakittcat 12-26-2017 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 804210)
Push the reset button

Attachment 25079
I am unironically sending a doge meme in 2k17. You should know this is serious.