Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40575)

Pokki 06-12-2018 08:13 PM

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

1 Attachment(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be available on December 7th for the Nintendo Switch.
  • All characters in Super Smash Bros. history will be available to play on this game.
  • The new characters that have been announced so far are Daisy (used to be an alternative skin for Peach) and Ridley.

Garutias 06-13-2018 12:26 AM

I’m getting this

Fulgore 06-13-2018 02:34 AM

engine still meh but it's good to see nintendo making strides to listen to the community more

Hadzz 06-13-2018 07:46 PM

I'm kinda worried about some things like the new percent scaling for 1v1 but at least the game looks different.

And Pac-man's grab is an actual grab now.

Macbeth 06-13-2018 08:09 PM

But guys... FREAKING PICHU IS BACK!!!

Sir 06-14-2018 12:01 AM

during the character reveal I just kept thinking

and it happened!!!1!

kenthefruit 06-14-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Macbeth (Post 813488)
But guys... FREAKING PICHU IS BACK!!!

it's all about the female pikachu

wildkeldeo 06-14-2018 04:34 AM

Woohoo!
:D
https://www.graalians.com/forums/sho...t=24596&page=2

twilit 06-14-2018 04:44 AM

Character roster is too bloated. I understand theyre trying to make everyone happy by including all characters; but some are simply unnecessary. And then on the other side of the coin, they only added two new characters, which is underwhelming. Im honestly shocked that there arent at least 2 ARMS fighters added. They also had a pretty good sized pool of other recent games to pull characters from.

And I guess Im the only one who kinda doesnt like the fact that Ridley is playable character.

Hadzz 06-14-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by twilit (Post 813501)
Character roster is too bloated. I understand theyre trying to make everyone happy by including all characters; but some are simply unnecessary. And then on the other side of the coin, they only added two new characters, which is underwhelming. Im honestly shocked that there arent at least 2 ARMS fighters added. They also had a pretty good sized pool of other recent games to pull characters from.

And I guess Im the only one who kinda doesnt like the fact that Ridley is playable character.

This probably isn't the final roster. They'll either anounce a couple of characters in another direct or add more at a later stage as DLC. And it's not like it took much effort to add pichu and yound link back into the game as they are essentialy just reskins with minor adjustments which is better than what could of been nothing.

Vicipower 06-14-2018 04:22 PM

No waluigi... sigh...

Fulgore 06-14-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by twilit (Post 813501)

The same leaks that showed Ridley as a character also showed Simon Belmont, which I'm kind of happy about. Really good ways to incorporate his stuff into a smash moveset. As has been stated, I reaallly doubt this is the final cast for the game, my personal guess is at least 5 more fighters, maybe more like they did with smash 4 DLC.

The number one issue I see right know is knockback. Seems weirdly forced to have the knockback start so fast and then hit a certain distance before dropping off hard. The different scaling between FFA and 1v1 I'm not a fan of either, and the moves seem like they have really weird trajectories that they send characters in. I'll have to look closer at future gameplay and news but not happy about this part of it so far.

twilit 06-14-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by Fulgore (Post 813515)
The number one issue I see right know is knockback. Seems weirdly forced to have the knockback start so fast and then hit a certain distance before dropping off hard. The different scaling between FFA and 1v1 I'm not a fan of either, and the moves seem like they have really weird trajectories that they send characters in. I'll have to look closer at future gameplay and news but not happy about this part of it so far.

The knockback deceleration is probably meant to help balance some of the overpowered characters, which is a good thing. In Smash4 there are several characters that can make a KO at 40% using a single high-knockback attack.

tristanfosho 06-15-2018 02:37 AM

I've always enjoyed playing the smash brothers series. I like the idea of getting all the characters into the game. I am sure they will roll out more bundles with new characters after they get an idea of how many people buy them game.

I also like the idea of 1v1 stats being different from a free for all match, it will be easier for them to balance the characters without ruining the characters.

Jarace 08-07-2018 11:08 PM

There will be a Smash related direct tomorrow at 7 am PT.