Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SNIPERS? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38798)

Weeno 04-14-2017 06:21 PM

SNIPERS?

Hear me out, i think snipers can actually work in a game like Zone. So this is how it works, with a sniper theres a scope option. Once you click the scope button you will zoom out and be able to see far. And instead of clicking the 360 firing button, you can click any where on the screen and the bullet will be shot to that area. And because zone is (supposedly) a pvp game with battlefields like Ctf, Conquest,and Iricia, snipers can actually play a part in basing with offense/defense tactics thus making basing more skill based

5hift 04-14-2017 06:39 PM

Snipers in Graal are pointless.

Running up and shooting the **** out of somebody with an assault rifle is much easier and effective.

Sawyer 04-14-2017 06:40 PM

man he just wants to quickscope

PigParty 04-14-2017 06:40 PM

a gun that has a much higher range, and damage than every other gun? great idea!

why the hell do you need snipers in a 2D game...

Weeno 04-14-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 777283)
a gun that has a much higher range, and damage than every other gun? great idea!

why the hell do you need snipers in a 2D game...

Its a sniper, so you should expect it to be low firing rate and bolt action motions. I never said we needed it. I just thought it was just a neat idea and will draw some attention. Creativity is what makes a game great amiright

PigParty 04-14-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 777289)
Its a sniper, so you should expect it to be low firing rate and bolt action motions. I never said we needed it. I just thought it was just a neat idea and will draw some attention. Creativity is what makes a game great amiright

well...
1. Zone is a fast-paced PvP system
2. Not sure how the extra range would work unless you dragged your screen, in which case that gun would be the ****tiest gun in the game because you'd be dead before you could fire a shot.
3. It would have extreme damage to make up for it's RoF which means one close-range hit in SD would probably kill you (since SD is x2 damage) and 2 hits anywhere else would kill you.
4. Our PvP is not only fast-paced, but close combat too (sadly, because the best part of Zone - planet bases - were basically removed) which means you'll be standing right next to your opponent with a 25 dmg gun

Also, Zone already has a sniper from the auctions and it was either a **** show or OP as **** because snipers don't work on a game like Zone.

5hift 04-14-2017 09:39 PM

In Era we used snipers as close-up finishers but again, that pretty much defeats the purpose of a precision weapon.

Graal's PvP is just who can run around dodgin bullets better while shooting back.

Xenthic 04-14-2017 10:04 PM

Can't wait for the 360° no scope sniper montages on YouTube

GlazeyB 04-15-2017 02:55 AM

PC Zone took forever trying to get a sniper rifle to work. It was a ****ing mess and didn't work.

RyanB 04-15-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Xenthic (Post 777314)
Can't wait for the 360° no scope sniper montages on YouTube

There already is 1 by XxxThelegend27snipeurmom42069xxX

Aftermath 04-15-2017 06:19 PM

i think the Carcano in ol west is a good enough example that snipers shouldn't be in graal

Melon* 04-15-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 777275)
Hear me out, i think snipers can actually work in a game like Zone. So this is how it works, with a sniper theres a scope option. Once you click the scope button you will zoom out and be able to see far. And instead of clicking the 360 firing button, you can click any where on the screen and the bullet will be shot to that area. And because zone is (supposedly) a pvp game with battlefields like Ctf, Conquest,and Iricia, snipers can actually play a part in basing with offense/defense tactics thus making basing more skill based

What about snipers that look like snipers, but they're actually normal guns? ;)

Vladamir Blackthorne 04-24-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Posted by Melon* (Post 777560)
What about snipers that look like snipers, but they're actually normal guns? ;)

This is likely what would happen. Just slow firerate, high damage, high projectile speed guns.