Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Minor Suggestions (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36137)

Aguzo 06-22-2016 09:42 AM

Minor Suggestions

If you have a not so crazy idea, that doesn't require a lot of paragraphs to explain, then you are welcome to post it here.

wanderer 06-22-2016 11:46 AM

Please, give us more info about the events. I can't recall any other game that doesn't give any info about their events besides graal. For the frog event, we didn't know anything about the rewards, requirements for each reward or the duration of the event.

Areo 06-22-2016 03:57 PM

I wish that when I had an item equipped and I tried to equip it to the other item slot, it would switch it to that item slot, instead of just saying "you cannot equip an item to both slots".

Ark 06-22-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Areo (Post 716742)
I wish that when I had an item equipped and I tried to equip it to the other item slot, it would switch it to that item slot, instead of just saying "you cannot equip an item to both slots".

THIS

Brick 06-22-2016 10:32 PM

Since we already have rain I think it might be cool if there were a "sunny day" weather effect, like a drought or something of that nature. We already have fans from Big Island that we can rp with.

4-Lom 06-23-2016 06:01 AM

Sun rays... maybe some sun motes? Overlays :0

Yog 06-23-2016 07:33 AM

The option to preview your upload before submitting it. Would help with upload congestion.

Ivy 06-23-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yog (Post 716934)
The option to preview your upload before submitting it. Would help with upload congestion.

This would be really useful

Weeno 06-23-2016 05:10 PM

I want cloud shadows

Ark 06-23-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Posted by Ivy (Post 716941)
This would be really useful

http://www.graaldepot.com/graalviewer/

Ivy 06-23-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ark (Post 717042)

I can't use Windows

Yog 06-23-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ark (Post 717042)

There's a lot of submissions with transparency issues. Hell, I can't even figure out how to correctly index a body without a visible background showing up. This is something that upload previewers don't help with.

Vicipower 06-23-2016 07:56 PM

I um, I'd like to have more house levels I guess.

Like you know just a few bigger inside house levels and maybe the outside could have some MORE trees. It's a real pain to only be able to buy trees on christmas since they only sell them once a year.

Aguzo 06-23-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 716923)
Sun rays... maybe some sun motes? Overlays :0

Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/zhsJJ8V.png
Would look very nice, but how could that be placed above ground? Unless they added clouds, after the rain is gone w/ what weeno said about cloud shadows.

Quote:

Spoiler
Great idea, but how can you do this in-game without causing more congestion?
You'd have to send the file regardless to preview it, unless it's outside of graal on some app.

I guess Toonslab could make a separate app to preview your customs, and they could even have ad banners. Would be good for business and less congestion.

deadowl 06-23-2016 11:30 PM

Fishing Rod: There are several different implementations that have existed. It doesn't have to be as good as the old fighting fish for an initial release, although fighting fish could be later added if you used the custom movement functions I implemented.

Castle Dungeon Quest for the L1 glove/gauntlet, which I created, and was literally live on the server 10 years ago.

Bowling. Graal already has all of the custom movement functions in inventory that I've written in the past. That would make it way easy to implement with some basic physics functions.

Fix the bug catching regression.

Yog 06-23-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 717055)
Spoiler
Great idea, but how can you do this in-game without causing more congestion?
You'd have to send the file regardless to preview it, unless it's outside of graal on some app.

I guess Toonslab could make a separate app to preview your customs, and they could even have ad banners. Would be good for business and less congestion.

I meant congestion with the upload reviewer. It's not uncommon with 100 uploads almost half of them get denied.

4-Lom 06-24-2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yog (Post 717098)
I meant congestion with the upload reviewer. It's not uncommon with 100 uploads almost half of them get denied.

If only there was some way of eliminating the ones that had an issue with them before they were uploaded... :3 It could cut the work in half!

Count 06-24-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 717172)
If only there was some way of eliminating the ones that had an issue with them before they were uploaded... :3 It could cut the work in half!

yeah, yogurt's suggestion was really good. heres how it could work:

you already see the upload when you submit it, but before it is actually submitted, you should get the pm with the image, and have to confirm that this image is what you wish to submit. Have them wait a few seconds while the background changes color (to make transparency issues easier to see) and then they can accept it.

ideally for animations they (submitter) would have to sit through the entire thing themselves and make sure everything is right in-game.

4-Lom 06-24-2016 08:36 AM

It could be implemented to show your character in a small sample window wearing the shield from all angles too. Like in the VIP color changer window... or the one that shows up when you are buying a hat...

Yog 06-24-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Count (Post 717185)
yeah, yogurt's suggestion was really good. heres how it could work:

you already see the upload when you submit it, but before it is actually submitted, you should get the pm with the image, and have to confirm that this image is what you wish to submit. Have them wait a few seconds while the background changes color (to make transparency issues easier to see) and then they can accept it.

ideally for animations they (submitter) would have to sit through the entire thing themselves and make sure everything is right in-game.

This is exactly what I was thinking

4-Lom 06-24-2016 02:25 PM

Warnings before events end... 24 hour notice before nexus... or other (potentially frog related) special events come to a close so we all know well ahead of time we've only got a limited time to get tasks accomplished, items bought, etc...

Aguzo 06-25-2016 01:02 AM

Amount of fire-breaths left for mounts

Brick 06-28-2016 12:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it might be kinda cool if the gralat on the bush next to sardon tower could be locked. I realize it might be kinda pointless, but I remember someone saying it was red for a while before a staff member took it. It would just be a small thing people can come back to and see how much it's worth after a while.
Attachment 21927

Weeno 06-28-2016 01:01 AM

Heres a copy of paste of something I said a while ago.

Spoiler
Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 715212)
Idk if this is even the right thread but it would be nice if we had messages next to each other depending on what kind of message. Sort of like

[Guild Message][Private Message] [Broadcast]

Heres a photoshopped pic to show u how it should look like

4-Lom 06-28-2016 04:45 AM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 718355)
Heres a copy of paste of something I said a while ago.

Spoiler

My response, I believe, was that there is a global chat on fb client... if that rustles your jimmies.

Areo 06-29-2016 01:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by Brick (Post 718350)
I think it might be kinda cool if the gralat on the bush next to sardon tower could be locked. I realize it might be kinda pointless, but I remember someone saying it was red for a while before a staff member took it. It would just be a small thing people can come back to and see how much it's worth after a while.
Attachment 21927

That would be a fun little thing. I would donate bombs on my way through were this to be done.

Liz 06-29-2016 01:57 AM

Quote:

Attachment 21927

I saw a guy get it to gold before

Aguzo 06-29-2016 10:46 PM

A building where you can find notes for songs to play on your flute and piano. Pretty much a library of sorts, with books that teach you songs.

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 717393)
Amount of fire-breaths left for mounts

Also, this could be a bar, instead of a # amount of bombs. Like the lantern's bar. When you have full bombs, the mount will have a full bar :)

4-Lom 06-30-2016 06:29 AM

What about some new states? I'm sure there is room for improvement on the state mega store or whatever it's called... especially with the graphic appearance of a *lot* (but not all, york town) of the game areas now?

Yog 06-30-2016 05:01 PM

Change the word "horse" in Invite to Horse, to mount. It looks too much like the word house, so I get them mixed up. Not to mention it's not even a horse I'm inviting them to.

https://i.gyazo.com/862af100158dcad7...8bb2b613fc.png

Strum 07-01-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Attachment 21927

I like the idea please add.

Pr0m4N V.14 07-01-2016 02:53 PM

Put an all babies event in the jaypee daycare center then sink the the Jaypee Daycare Center into the ground and disable unstick me in it.

4-Lom 07-01-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Pr0m4N V.14 (Post 719628)
Put an all babies event in the jaypee daycare center then sink the the Jaypee Daycare Center into the ground and disable unstick me in it.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/63/63541...74f3c30ac1.jpg

Pr0m4N V.14 07-02-2016 07:01 PM

Make the puddles in the bathroom area of red barn furniture buy able

Sir Travis 07-02-2016 11:12 PM

Sell popcorn during the GST? Or am I the only guy that likes spectating with munchies?

4-Lom 07-03-2016 02:29 PM

DUSTYYYY!!!

Instead of making all the bugs flying around, they could appear in neat little boxes or wall mounted displays? Would that help with the whole 'pet/bug AI' thing taking its toll on the server? please, thank you... it would be an awesome way to collect em :)

Quote:

Posted by Pr0m4N V.14 (Post 719995)
Make the puddles in the bathroom area of red barn furniture buy able

They were. Or are. Onnet general store. OH, and also at the bathroom area there, apparently.

Dusty 07-03-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 720299)
Instead of making all the bugs flying around, they could appear in neat little boxes or wall mounted displays? Would that help with the whole 'pet/bug AI' thing taking its toll on the server? please, thank you... it would be an awesome way to collect em :)

That's the plan.

Ivy 07-03-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 720321)
That's the plan.

we've been asking for this to be added for years lol

Dusty 07-03-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Ivy (Post 720345)
we've been asking for this to be added for years lol

Yeah you guys never stop asking for stuff.

Wickodd 07-03-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 720347)
Yeah you guys never stop asking for stuff.

Can we have stuff? Would be nice.

Thallen 07-03-2016 07:16 PM

Can we get a simple change to the arena side rooms where you can't see who's in the room? Anything to stop people from selectively stalking new players through the arena and discouraging them from sparring would be much appreciated. At least in a blind room, these players have a chance of being queued against a player of their own skill level rather than getting to pick and choose their free wins.

It's not just a "sparring noobs 24/7 is bad" suggestion, I actually feel like it's a real problem that's hindering the growth of the spar community because new players come into contact with these people and are intimidated into not sparring forever at the fear that their spar record will turn to something so embarrassing that they'll not even want to play anymore.

It's a real thing, not just a hypothetical:
http://puu.sh/pP4G5/e2ca5e71fd.png
http://puu.sh/pP4E1/e422defb0d.png
1617 wins with 11967 points averages out to 7.4 points per win, meaning he's queueing against a 74-100 player on average. That's completely unnatural. I think the average points per win you should get when queuing naturally is around 12 (being that most negative players have already been scared off by these people).

I really think this change would achieve two things that we've needed for a very long time:
  1. New players will get to experience queueing against the "average" sparrer over the course of their time in the arena
  2. The side rooms will no longer be a condemned space that currently function in the favor of these people abusing the system

Aguzo 07-04-2016 01:43 AM

Add house slots. Sometimes you have a lot of different holiday furniture, and you don't have the space anymore.
Using slots to quickly change the theme of your house seems great. I am sort of starting to understand how graal's server works. So maybe, in order for this to work, you would have to wait a few hours, until your house slot has loaded. This way it doesn't load super fast, and cause a lot of lag. (Since there will be a lot of player's changing their slots around). A wait time, where you can't enter your house, until it's done, makes people change slots less.

4-Lom 07-04-2016 03:12 AM

You should be able to name the slots, too, if this happens...

Instead of random images of placements of furniture, just having a name would let you remember what the layout was.

Bink 07-04-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 720411)
Can we get a simple change to the arena side rooms where you can't see who's in the room? Anything to stop people from selectively stalking new players through the arena and discouraging them from sparring would be much appreciated. At least in a blind room, these players have a chance of being queued against a player of their own skill level rather than getting to pick and choose their free wins.

It's not just a "sparring noobs 24/7 is bad" suggestion, I actually feel like it's a real problem that's hindering the growth of the spar community because new players come into contact with these people and are intimidated into not sparring forever at the fear that their spar record will turn to something so embarrassing that they'll not even want to play anymore.

It's a real thing, not just a hypothetical:
http://puu.sh/pP4G5/e2ca5e71fd.png
http://puu.sh/pP4E1/e422defb0d.png
1617 wins with 11967 points averages out to 7.4 points per win, meaning he's queueing against a 74-100 player on average. That's completely unnatural. I think the average points per win you should get when queuing naturally is around 12 (being that most negative players have already been scared off by these people).

I really think this change would achieve two things that we've needed for a very long time:
  1. New players will get to experience queueing against the "average" sparrer over the course of their time in the arena
  2. The side rooms will no longer be a condemned space that currently function in the favor of these people abusing the system

Yeah thats how i feel when people that are 800-40 go in a side room i dont want to spar and ruin my score more than it already is solike i said a while ago they should have a room for just negative people and just positive people

Aguzo 07-04-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by Bink (Post 720644)
Yeah thats how i feel when people that are 800-40 go in a side room i dont want to spar and ruin my score more than it already is solike i said a while ago they should have a room for just negative people and just positive people

Yeah, I guess one sideroom for negative sparrers. Only negative sparrers can enter.
One sideroom for positive sparrers, negative sparrers can enter if they want to.
For the negative room, maybe you can stay there, until you have a 2.0 ratio, if you are below 1,000 wins. After 1,000 wins or above 2.0 ratio, then you have to use the positive room.

Zetectic 07-04-2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 720667)
Yeah, I guess one sideroom for negative sparrers. Only negative sparrers can enter.
One sideroom for positive sparrers, negative sparrers can enter if they want to.
For the negative room, maybe you can stay there, until you have a 2.0 ratio, if you are below 1,000 wins. After 1,000 wins or above 2.0 ratio, then you have to use the positive room.

^this. but i will let the cap to be ~3000 wins if you are negative.

Aguzo 07-04-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Posted by Zetectic (Post 720676)
^this. but i will let the cap to be ~3000 wins if you are negative.

Yeah, I meant that as after 1,000 wins and you are positive, but no more than a 2.0 ratio. If you go above a 2.0, then you have to use the positive room, until you fall to a 1.5 (If you fall to a 1.5).
If you are negative though, you can keep using the negative room, but yeah, maybe just until 3,000 wins. Not sure though, but I guess there should be a cap, so no one goes in there to mess with less skilled players.

Weeno 07-05-2016 03:28 PM

I dislike how layer 3 furniture glow in the dark. Maybe fix that? Or have an option to turn off the glow

4-Lom 07-05-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Posted by Weeno (Post 720923)
I dislike how layer 3 furniture glow in the dark. Maybe fix that? Or have an option to turn off the glow

I love the glow.

An alternative, in my eyes, would be to add a -1 layer. This would allow carpets to function with tables and other objects (chairs) a lot more intuitively.

4-Lom 07-06-2016 05:15 AM

Remove "Invite to House," "Invite to Guild House," and "Recruit to Guild" options from menus when you tap another character and their settings are 'ignore invitations.'

Saves time.