Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ol' West Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Basing System (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41861)

Drakey 03-31-2020 01:21 AM

Basing System

I’m going to cut straight to the point, basing is completely ruined now due to all of the active gangs and their ultimate peaces. For example we have Aorus and Vence, one gang taking up 2 bases allowing no other gang to attack because why? They’re allied and their members would only scramble from one base to the next. I miss the good days when gangs would war (Kingsby against Kp, Forbid against Marrow, Etc.) There was a basing rotation that didn’t quite actually first on the first try, but since there’s numerous active gangs trying to base, I’m positive that with a few adjustments it would work. I actually spoke about basing system with ctp and he agreed that basing is pretty weird now.

KnoCkem 03-31-2020 08:35 PM

games pretty much dead, they also should change the GP back to every minute or whatever it was, because half the time my kills get stolen and im just getting no gps, it would make it somewhat fun again and not have the items hard asf to get, they need to start adding more stuff that is actually accessible and not making you play the boring ass game forever to get an item you may or may not have fun with, Ive been playing since 2014, have multiple event guns and even staffs and the game is still boring asf... at this point it maybe a lost cause...

ArchieIsHere 04-02-2020 12:07 AM

Drk’s Basing Message

I would like to direct some attention towards our basing system. Our current basing system is broken. I will be going over its main problem and I’ll present some solutions at the end.

The main problem consists of the formation of alliances among gangs that hold bases. These gangs (not here to call any gang out) ally each other to hold multiple bases. This really hurts new gangs and new players trying to start a gang. It’s IMPOSSIBLE for them to outrun 2-3 allied gangs. For instance, there are two gangs that have been allied for months now to hold MH and BW. They are now supporting another gang to hold BF. Take that in, THREE bases are controlled by the same players - that’s 60% of all bases.

Why is this an issue? Well, as you may have guessed these allied gangs have been around for a very long time. They have some of the best players in-game with some of the most overpowered weapons. Now they use those weapons to control the basing system and mitigate the amount of influence new players and gangs can hold in the basing scene.

More importantly, what are some solutions? I’ve analyzed the basing circumstances at the moment and came up with a few solutions. Note, some of these solutions have been previously implemented but were withdrawn for whatever reason. The FIRST solution would consists of rotating bases. This has been implemented before. For instance, 3 bases are open from 12 AM to 6 AM. Then after this time frame, the bases close and 2 other bases are then opened. In short terms, only 2-3 bases are open at a time. This would really kill the whole alliance issue in West. Now the SECOND solution, which is much more friendly for new gangs would consist of removing allies. Whaaat? Yes, it sounds crazy. But it would greatly reduce the issue of gangs allying one another to hold multiple bases.

Thank you for listening. I hope some action is taken to address this and make the basing scene much more friendly for all. Stay safe.

Drakey 04-02-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by ArchieIsHere (Post 830214)
I would like to direct some attention towards our basing system. Our current basing system is broken. I will be going over its main problem and I’ll present some solutions at the end.

The main problem consists of the formation of alliances among gangs that hold bases. These gangs (not here to call any gang out) ally each other to hold multiple bases. This really hurts new gangs and new players trying to start a gang. It’s IMPOSSIBLE for them to outrun 2-3 allied gangs. For instance, there are two gangs that have been allied for months now to hold MH and BW. They are now supporting another gang to hold BF. Take that in, THREE bases are controlled by the same players - that’s 60% of all bases.

Why is this an issue? Well, as you may have guessed these allied gangs have been around for a very long time. They have some of the best players in-game with some of the most overpowered weapons. Now they use those weapons to control the basing system and mitigate the amount of influence new players and gangs can hold in the basing scene.

More importantly, what are some solutions? I’ve analyzed the basing circumstances at the moment and came up with a few solutions. Note, some of these solutions have been previously implemented but were withdrawn for whatever reason. The FIRST solution would consists of rotating bases. This has been implemented before. For instance, 3 bases are open from 12 AM to 6 AM. Then after this time frame, the bases close and 2 other bases are then opened. In short terms, only 2-3 bases are open at a time. This would really kill the whole alliance issue in West. Now the SECOND solution, which is much more friendly for new gangs would consist of removing allies. Whaaat? Yes, it sounds crazy. But it would greatly reduce the issue of gangs allying one another to hold multiple bases.

Thank you for listening. I hope some action is taken to address this and make the basing scene much more friendly for all. Stay safe.

Agreed

Ayad 04-02-2020 01:24 AM

I do not agree with your statement about the current Basing System!
Why? Because first of all I want to make clear every gang has a chance to own a base but if they attack all gangs that are currently on the map what are they gonna expect? of course they would become enemies and to kill enemies easier we make allies so why you guys make so much enemies you should rather just focus on one base and try ur hardest...
The second thing is allies doesnt matter if we go back 2months we know the 2 gangs made an alliance to stand against 4 allies that tried to kill their gang and in the end they won the war against them so dont say its impossible to out run the alliance of some guilds.
Your solution is to close 2 bases and make a rotation but In my opinion that wouldnt be a good Idea because then the allies will just keep ruling the bases. Also making only 3 bases available then the new gangs would have absolutely zero chances against the gangs that are already basing.
Dont think the basing system is broken if u have no experience how to lead a gang(Do not take this Personally)

ArchieIsHere 04-02-2020 01:36 AM

I’m not sure I understood what you said BUT it sounds like you’re advocating for alliances. You are wrong. Check the map right now... I was wrong earlier and realized that 4 of the gangs holding a base are allied. If you do the math real quick (I know you love math; 4/5 = 80% of the bases are controlled by the same people.)

Don’t take this personal but gangs like Vence and Aorus are greedy trying to control all the bases in West. No **** it’s easy to base when you have 100+ members on your side.

Drakey 04-02-2020 01:42 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ayad (Post 830216)
I do not agree with your statement about the current Basing System!
Why? Because first of all I want to make clear every gang has a chance to own a base but if they attack all gangs that are currently on the map what are they gonna expect? of course they would become enemies and to kill enemies easier we make allies so why you guys make so much enemies you should rather just focus on one base and try ur hardest...
The second thing is allies doesnt matter if we go back 2months we know the 2 gangs made an alliance to stand against 4 allies that tried to kill their gang and in the end they won the war against them so dont say its impossible to out run the alliance of some guilds.
Your solution is to close 2 bases and make a rotation but In my opinion that wouldnt be a good Idea because then the allies will just keep ruling the bases. Also making only 3 bases available then the new gangs would have absolutely zero chances against the gangs that are already basing.
Dont think the basing system is broken if u have no experience how to lead a gang(Do not take this Personally)

The basing rotation would 100% work because there’s a lot of active gangs now trying to base and it would make basing more competitive.

Cavit 04-02-2020 03:36 PM

He said don't take it personally lol

TomatoPanda 04-02-2020 04:57 PM

I was the one that came up with base rotations before and I do agree that there is a problem right now with the alliances but i do not believe closing bases is the answer. Base rotations do not stop alliances kawu and silence proofed that to everyone the first time this was tried. x.x

TomatoPanda 04-02-2020 10:19 PM

Tomatos Gang/Basing System Ideas

My Gang/Basing System Idea
So I finally took the time to think of ways of how to fix a lot of problems with basing right now on Ol'West. I believe I have finally after 3-4 years of thinking, have found some solutions. If you see any flaws/problems that could come from this please post so i can try to figure something to fix that.

Gang Related
First things first for any of this to work there needs to be an option for leaders of gangs in the gang profile to set the gang they own as "Active" or "Inactive". If the gang is set to "Active" then members of that basing gang will be able to attack vaults in bases when they have the tag set. If the gang is set to "Inactive" gang members will do no damage to the bases when they attack it. If the leader of a gang sets the gang as "Inactive" he/she would not be able to set it as "Active" for "x" amount of days. I recommend at least 2 weeks for "x". Players under my system would only be aloud to be in 1 "Active" basing gang at a time and if they leave or if their kicked from that roster they would have to wait "y" hours before their able to join a different "Active" basing gang. I recommend "y" being around 6-24 hours. This is to prevent gang hopping from alliances and it forces the players to stick to one basing gang or having to go through this penalty. Now since theres a penalty for being kicked you would have to make gang rosters able to hold 80-100 players but only allow 25 of those members at a time able to set tag like nomal. There would have to be a new power that leaders could give to members (Leads) that allows them to unset other peoples tags in the gang. Kicking and recruiting would happen a lot less under my system and this would all prevent gang hopping and make it very difficult for gangs to merge together to fight another (Alliances). Allying would need to be removed and it wouldnt be needed anymore anyway since sub tags would not be needed anymore with the 80-100 player rosters.
The big problem solved with this is gang hopping/makes it more difficult to have alliances.

Related to Bases
The next major problem with basing at the moment is that its very difficult for players that have not been around for a long time to get into basing. The changes i would make to bases would be to make a base rotation but instead of closing bases like we tried in the past and it didnt help with anything these bases would rotate from only allowing Gralat weapons (except lottery and auction) to be used and allowing all weapons (GP, HS, Lottery, Pk, Spar weapons) to be used. The main problems for new gangs right now is that the current gangs have almost all the players with tier 4, tier 5 weapons on the server. This makes it very hard for new players to base even if their using a .45. Having bases rotate from "Gralat Weapons Only" to "All Weapons Allowed" every 4 hours would give these new gangs and players bases their able to go to try taking and have a more fair chance till they grow enough to where their able to compete in the "All Weapons Allowed" bases. This would help new gangs grow overtime and it would be fun for a lot of people.

What you guys think?

ArchieIsHere 04-02-2020 10:33 PM

I love the idea of classifying bases and only allowing the use of certain weapons in certain bases. It would definitely restore some balance into the basing system...