Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Xmas Gift Gone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41260)

eul 02-14-2019 06:34 AM

Xmas Gift Gone

my gift in inventory was gone, I didnt give it to anyone.

Snow4u 02-14-2019 06:11 PM

I want my gifts or my money back >:(

I had 27 xmas gifts that are now gone and i would like my money or gifts back plz.

Also literally a week ago i made a video advertising my xmas gifts for sale!
So you can't just say i never had them!

Here's the proof i had them!!!

Can someone plz help me get my gifts or money back :/

4-Lom 02-14-2019 06:41 PM

You're kidding...

Literally this morning I was telling a friend of mine that I was saving a bunch of gifts for july to give out in a 'christmas in the summer' set of events I had planned

AFTER ASKING IF THE GIFTS WOULD EXPIRE PRIOR TO BUYING THEM.

That's so rotten even the grinch (who legit stole christmas) wouldn't sink so low.

Give us our gifts back.

Snow4u 02-14-2019 06:51 PM

Well at least I know i'm not the only person affected.

Anyway I was told to just send a ticket to toonslab and I did.
Now I'm waiting for a reply :/

Green 02-14-2019 09:00 PM

Lost all of mine too, extremely disappointed and contacting support doesn't really seem worth it since I don't really have the time to play much anymore. It looks like everyone with gifts is in the same boat and I hope it was an accident that gets reverted otherwise lots of money just went straight down the drain. If I had known this would've happened I wouldn't have spent my last remaining gralats on gifts and saved them to spend on future items I like so I don't miss out.

fp4 02-14-2019 10:36 PM

We will go through the logs and restore the deleted gifts.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ProtoNova 02-15-2019 05:19 AM

By the way, I did lose gifts. I lost about 50 or 60 something of them.

4-Lom 02-15-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Posted by ProtoNova (Post 824342)
By the way, I did lose gifts. I lost about 50 or 60 something of them.

Quote:

Posted by fp4 (Post 824328)
We will go through the logs and restore the deleted gifts.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

They've recorded logs of every transaction, proto.

Hiph0pÇhaøs 02-16-2019 03:25 AM

I lost all of my gifts as well. I was seriously pissed. Hope to see them back in my inventory soon

ProtoNova 02-17-2019 05:41 AM

I don't think this is a transaction thing. I think that, because they probably couldn't get the valentines gift and the christmas ones to coexist, they just removed the christmas ones.
Expect them back probably after valentines.

4-Lom 02-17-2019 11:19 AM

My guess is some one failed to safeguard the xmas gifts and cleared them accidentally while implementing the vday gifts.

The transaction part is that you have purchased the gifts. Every purchased gift will have a record. They will be able to tell exactly how many gifts you purchased, how many gifts you gave, and how many you would have had remaining.

Hope that explains it :P

Quote:

Posted by Hiph0pÇhaøs (Post 824353)
I lost all of my gifts as well. I was seriously pissed. Hope to see them back in my inventory soon

I didn't buy even one vday gift because of the loss, personally.

Hiph0pÇhaøs 02-17-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 824380)
My guess is some one failed to safeguard the xmas gifts and cleared them accidentally while implementing the vday gifts.

The transaction part is that you have purchased the gifts. Every purchased gift will have a record. They will be able to tell exactly how many gifts you purchased, how many gifts you gave, and how many you would have had remaining.

Hope that explains it :P

I didn't buy even one vday gift because of the loss, personally.

Vday gifts aren't even worth it personally. I have bought a few of them though. Hope that doesn't affect whether I get my christmas gifts back

fp4 02-17-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by ProtoNova (Post 824374)
I don't think this is a transaction thing. I think that, because they probably couldn't get the valentines gift and the christmas ones to coexist, they just removed the christmas ones.
Expect them back probably after valentines.

The real reason is that we had made them expire in the past but I guess we were not consistent with that behavior and let them sit in people's inventories for prior years.

I set them to expire not thinking it was a big deal which I was wrong about. The way we handled the expiry was a bit heavy-handed as well which we will need to improve if we're going to make them expire in future years.

4-Lom 02-18-2019 05:42 AM

Hey Fp4...

Really appreciate the feedback.

A warning or note somewhere (This gift will self destruct if not given by 01/31/2019) would have been fine. Seems like a lot of the outrage we feel as players comes from similar lack of insight (from my point of view, anyway).

That said, I really like the idea of having gifts to give out for prizes (other than gralats) in homebrew mini games, people's birthdays, or when I haven't seen an old friend in a long time and finally get to chat with them again.

fp4 02-22-2019 04:00 AM

I've finished restoring the deleted gifts. The 500~ or so people that were affected should have them back in their inventory now.

Since most people actually give them all away and don't hoard them we will likely just let people hang on to them indefinitely.