Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Crafting (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40796)

licoriice 08-19-2018 01:44 AM

Crafting

Is it ever coming back, orrrr?

eul 08-20-2018 01:50 AM

hope they wont add crafting in graal it would make the game better i dnt want it lol

Busuioc 08-28-2018 01:45 PM

i doubt it'll happen any time soon due to how lazy the dev team is

Tay A. 09-01-2018 05:21 PM

lazy and busy are 2 very different words

IspringOlWest 09-03-2018 01:05 PM

lol I wouldn't call the dev team lazy

ediel123 09-06-2018 04:54 PM

Of course not even tho they failed to give major updates to the game besides the how the work tools look pfft give a me break

Eugeen 09-06-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by ediel123 (Post 817994)
Of course not even tho they failed to give major updates to the game besides the how the work tools look pfft give a me break

You're basically saying the developers are lazy because someone on the graphics team decided to be nice and improve some graphics. You gotta realize that there's seperate teams for seperate jobs

As for crafting not being out yet, I doubt it's being worked on since it was originally a project by Alpho who later on left and the developers who could potentially finish it are most likely busy with more important projects

In my opinion you might aswell give up your hopes for crafting to be released and just be happy if it someday appears in the game since it might never be finished.
Also to be fair, it's just filler content, they can give you the same results by just selling you the items you could've made with gralats and actually earn money that way because of the in-app purchases

YernuMaster 09-07-2018 04:22 AM

Man it's so painfully annoying seeing people who haven't got the slightest clue, calling out developers or calling them lazy without the realization that most of these people "helping" the server are doing it of their own free will, just to make the ungrateful idiots who take in the contents experience more enjoyable. Yet all they get in return is being hassled and called names like lazy or stupid or whatever non-whimsical bull**** you tards think is "justified".. it's really pretty pathetic to see all the time. You people should seriously up your knowledg of situations before deciding to call people out on things you know nothing about. Lmfao

GOAT 09-07-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 818018)
Man it's so painfully annoying seeing people who haven't got the slightest clue, calling out developers or calling them lazy without the realization that most of these people "helping" the server are doing it of their own free will, just to make the ungrateful idiots who take in the contents experience more enjoyable. Yet all they get in return is being hassled and called names like lazy or stupid or whatever non-whimsical bull**** you tards think is "justified".. it's really pretty pathetic to see all the time. You people should seriously up your knowledg of situations before deciding to call people out on things you know nothing about. Lmfao

They’re doing it “of their own free will” meaning nobody is forcing them to donate their time. They know what to expect when they sign up. A paying customer doesn’t need to be thankful for those that volunteer.

Players/people complaining about a product they pay for is easy to understand. Right? That’s how it works.

This little rant makes you look just as bad. No need for name calling.

Saying all that
Next time try to explain to them why crafting is not coming any time soon. Example quality scripters are a dying breed. If scripting was as easy as gfx(for Graal standards) there would be 10-20 scripters per server they would be releasing new content every other week.

YernuMaster 09-07-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 818039)
They’re doing it “of their own free will” meaning nobody is forcing them to donate their time. They know what to expect when they sign up. A paying customer doesn’t need to be thankful for those that volunteer.

Players/people complaining about a product they pay for is easy to understand. Right? That’s how it works.

This little rant makes you look just as bad. No need for name calling.

Saying all that
Next time try to explain to them why crafting is not coming any time soon. Example quality scripters are a dying breed. If scripting was as easy as gfx(for Graal standards) there would be 10-20 scripters per server they would be releasing new content every other week.

A "paying customer"? Why are you assuming that everyone that plays Graal is a "paying customer"? It's a free to play game first and foremost. The people that you COULD consider "paying customers" are people that are buying into content AS these developers, that are developing of their own free will are releasing it. So your argument there is kind of void of any real context.

If these people were paying some type of subscription fee.. ? Then I could see what you're saying.. but otherwise it just doesn't apply because of the simple fact that they're being provided content throughout a span of time which they have the OPTION of paying for.

So, explain how does this make me look "just as bad"? Because I'm telling people they should think and even more so know about something before speaking on it and calling people out? That makes sense.. ?

Also yeah, let me give people an exact reason why crafting isn't being released next time, when I'm not part of the staff team.. so there's no way I could give them an exact reason as to why? And what does scripters being a dying breed or anything you said after that have to do with what I said? It's a simple matter of people speaking on things they know nothing about, plain and simple. -_-

GOAT 09-07-2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 818049)
Spoiler
A "paying customer"? Why are you assuming that everyone that plays Graal is a "paying customer"? It's a free to play game first and foremost. The people that you COULD consider "paying customers" are people that are buying into content AS these developers, that are developing of their own free will are releasing it. So your argument there is kind of void of any real context.

If these people were paying some type of subscription fee.. ? Then I could see what you're saying.. but otherwise it just doesn't apply because of the simple fact that they're being provided content throughout a span of time which they have the OPTION of paying for.

So, explain how does this make me look "just as bad"? Because I'm telling people they should think and even more so know about something before speaking on it and calling people out? That makes sense.. ?

Also yeah, let me give people an exact reason why crafting isn't being released next time, when I'm not part of the staff team.. so there's no way I could give them an exact reason as to why? And what does scripters being a dying breed or anything you said after that have to do with what I said? It's a simple matter of people speaking on things they know nothing about, plain and simple. -_-

Fair enough

IspringOlWest 09-14-2018 02:03 PM

Lol developers get paid man

If you want to blame anyone blame management, they are the ones who didn't want to prioritize it

YernuMaster 09-14-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by IspringOlWest (Post 818366)
Lol developers get paid man

If you want to blame anyone blame management, they are the ones who didn't want to prioritize it

There's only a select few that do, most of them don't get paid. BUT, you are right in the regard that if anyone should be getting blamed for anything and being called "lazy", it should be Graal's management.

TyVERT 11-20-2018 03:46 PM

Crafting is a joke

You guys have been working on crafting for how long? They hype died down significantly and it looks like been stopped.
So what's going on?

Tay A. 11-24-2018 03:12 PM

would be cool if someone could actually teach new people {who are interested} to script instead of link a website. i did not understand gani at all but thankfully pika took some time to teach me over a disc call and i am very thankful for that.

but maybe it's just not teachable, i'm not really sure lol