Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WebGL Update Discussion & Bug Reporting Thread (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41657)

Jarace 10-22-2019 07:50 PM

WebGL Update Discussion & Bug Reporting Thread

As many of you have already noticed, the flash client has been replaced with a new WebGL client in these places:

classic.graalonline.com
era.graalonline.com
zone.graalonline.com
olwest.graalonline.com (This one is new!)

We've just had our first round of bug fixes. The following issues from this thread should now be fixed:
Quote:

*The check boxes in the settings/house/guild house/guild settings menu don't show up but you can still press them.
*The text box for typing messages is completely black.
*copy/paste does not work with chat boxes

*PMs and other UIs will repeat the last 8-10 characters or an error box. The previews in shops will not display.
*I'm also seeing error boxes in my guild name in the guild chat
*The heads in guild chat are squished. Error boxes also show in the names of guilds and guild mates.
*The font in profiles/ui looks blurry, bigger and somehow squished now lol. Edit: Even fonts in statues are bigger now, making most people's organized statuses look jank (See Kai (Rare)'s status on iOS, then on PC).
*Enabling the font change option makes chat text look a lot bigger than it use to.
If you're still experiencing any of these issues, please try clearing your browser's cache and trying again. Click here if you aren't sure how to clear your cache.

Future bug reports and discussion of the client should be done here regardless of the game.

Please make sure your browser is updated before you report any bugs and, if you get an error that says something along the lines of "See your browser JavaScript console for more info", please include the console log. Click here if you aren't sure how to get your console log (but disregard the part about sending them to support, as that is specific to their website. I'd recommend putting them in a text file and then attaching it to your post).

Please also include what browser you are using with any bug reports (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, etc).

Note about "The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings":
Spoiler
Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827934)
Yep, for anyone getting that error - you need to use Firefox or Chrome (or possibly any other 64 bit browser - this issue seems to be with 32 bit browsers.)

Green 10-22-2019 08:57 PM

I'm noticing that there are issues with typing. I'll be making a lot of typos even though I know that I'm typing perfectly. Rarely letters won't even be in the correct order if I type too quickly and sometimes they just don't even register. Using Chrome.

For some odd reason I couldn't paste a shield code into the chat box. Tried multiple times and it wouldn't work but it magically decided to after I had manually typed it out.

XBanished 10-22-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 827890)
I'm noticing that there are issues with typing. I'll be making a lot of typos even though I know that I'm typing perfectly. Rarely letters won't even be in the correct order if I type too quickly and sometimes they just don't even register. Using Chrome.

Yes I get this too, feels like the game can't keep up with typing fast. Letters get skipped sometimes two at a time. Doesn't bode well for three letter words.
Quote:

For some odd reason I couldn't paste a shield code into the chat box. Tried multiple times and it wouldn't work but it magically decided to after I had manually typed it out.

Copy and paste is broken as well, how will I ever fix my typos now. (Also on Chrome)

Jarace 10-23-2019 09:34 AM

The header should now scale properly with the game window (when using the +/- to scale the game window).

Crono 10-23-2019 03:54 PM

on chrome (likely applies to other browsers)
-emojis are messed (ctrl + anything uses the browser's hotkeys, like ctrl + s opens up the save dialogue)

-inconsistent ping, 170, 300, 280, 155, etc. actual command takes longer than usual to show me my ping. getting a consistent 150-155 on my phone over wifi

-related to latency: everyone moves choppy. are we being re-routed through a proxy or something before hitting the normal server???

-fonts in general rendered differently and dont look right (likely need to be changed)

-ingame chat text looks a bit blurry, this feels like a very old change around the v2/v4 era so i dont know if this is better or worse, but def not as crisp as before. might come down to preference

-typing characters like @ twice will cause the next one to print 3 times (so @@@ becomes @@@@@). everytime the character is typed from there it will print 3 times. tested with [ ] * etc

-opening the chat box and typing and then closing it (not with enter, i.e pressing tab) will cause the text you were typing to still be printed on the top left in yellow underneath the gui

-nordic characters like ๖ไๅ all show up as "รรร"

-cant copy or paste from textbox, attempting to paste shows "รรร"

-scroll wheel only moving the window panes (like options for example) at a minimal pace despite my Windows wide setting being at a moderate rate

Suggestion:
-give us the option to disable "Upload Screenshot to FaceBook", FB Graal has been dead for a long time and I'd much rather save my images to my device

Yami 10-23-2019 04:09 PM

https://puu.sh/Ew0Gl/6ce18139d7.gif
Never encountered this bug before. FPS jitters makes it nearly impossible to play.
https://puu.sh/Ew0HS/665592be0d.png
web console is just reporting this error over and over again

Tobi 10-23-2019 04:46 PM

Not sure, for me the game/client is very laggy now. For some odd reason my classic country thinks i'm placed in France. So I am unsure of how to fix that. I get over 200+ MS and the client itself skips mad frames. I never had this problem with the old flash player. I got about 30MS on classic easily.

Green 10-23-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yami (Post 827906)
Never encountered this bug before. FPS jitters makes it nearly impossible to play.
web console is just reporting this error over and over again

Happening to me too. I was on an hour or two earlier and everything was fine.

Jarace 10-23-2019 06:32 PM

Some more fixes:
- The repeating key issue
- Better music management
- The lag mentioned in previous posts

Heeble 10-23-2019 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Not just for typing, it happens while moving around as well. Key presses will randomly stop registering. I am not seeing an error in the console when this happens.

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 827905)
-related to latency: everyone moves choppy. are we being re-routed through a proxy or something before hitting the normal server???

Attachment 27756
At the very least, cache is. I think we might be lol

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827888)
We've just had our first round of bug fixes. The following issues from this thread should now be fixed:
*The heads in guild chat are squished.

Heads are still squished/small.

Attachment 27757

This is one of the errors I noticed in the console.

Green 10-23-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 827910)
Some more fixes:
- The repeating key issue
- Better music management
- The lag mentioned in previous posts

I'm still getting that lag. It isn't that often but it doesn't seem to be completely gone.

Heeble 10-23-2019 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't get a chance to play earlier when it was worse, but it is still worse than how it was yesterday.
Attachment 27760
I'm still unable to find a consistent way to replicate this bug. Click the attachment to see the gif

Crono 10-23-2019 09:06 PM

-Everyone still moves extremely choppy despite the improved ping, are we vpn/proxy'd? It really does look like it for some reason.

-Ping still jumping to 280-320 when it should be sitting at 150-155 stable like on my phone via wifi.

Yami 10-23-2019 09:30 PM

https://puu.sh/Ew7xP/35ce528b0d.png

Still getting choppy skips in frame rate. (After clearing cache/dns)

Few new errors I didn't get before.

Grief Hero 10-24-2019 12:00 AM

Using Facebook Gameroom doesn't even work. Getting a "The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."
Playing normally in a browser (both Chrome & Firefox) works fine though.