Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did you end up in graal? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39523)

Joshua_P2P 08-14-2017 07:16 AM

How did you end up in graal?

So looking through the forums and reading more and more about the future of Graal and everyone's thoughts on it... I thought I'd take a step backwards and ask everyone how they found out about Graal and make up part of what the community is today.

Myself, I came across Graal purely by chance. In 2010 I had just gotten my first iPod Touch for Christmas. I wasn't really sure what games there was and I went through game after game that I really didn't care about. (Rock Band, Sims, Spongebob Diner Dash, etc.) Eventually I downloaded this app called "Freed Apps" I merely deduced from the name that "Hey!? This must be free apps" and so it was. I spent night after night scrolling through the lists really not liking any of the apps i saw... until... That fateful day GraalOnline Classic showed up. At first I was like "eh this is probably a boring game" I downloaded it out of sheer curiosity and here I am 7 years later still playing and supporting a game that got me through most of my childhood.

If I'm being honest I actually wonder where I would be today if I never found GraalOnline on the app store.... (probably at least $700 richer xD)

Shmegg 08-14-2017 08:36 AM

Friend recommendation.

Crono 08-14-2017 09:00 AM

year was 2000

flash games were popular

found one that claimed to be "like zelda but multiplayer"

Jared9 08-14-2017 09:06 AM

deep searching on the appstore in like 2010

Ariona13 08-14-2017 03:10 PM

My friend in 4th grade recommended it to me.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Thallen 08-14-2017 03:31 PM

searching for games that worked well on a 56k connection

Busuioc 08-14-2017 03:58 PM

some friend from another game told me about ol' west so i got into graal itself lol

G Fatal 08-14-2017 04:21 PM

Was actually round about when Classic first released, I used to check for new games as never really stuck to one game that much, happened to see it and thought I’d give a try... Walked around trying to kill players abit then asked what there was to do on Graal to a player.. He took me to Battle Arena spar and helped out abit telling me all the controls etc(that was pretty simple anyway-but nice from him to say about it) he basically said after that, this is where they play 1vs1 and that’s about it.

So kept around and played PKWars(Clan in name)-killing lmao with Snow Assassins not sure if they were same as *the snow assassins but anyways it was fun..

I’m not sure if forts came before swamp or not hmm as I remember going to swamp spar around same time forts was about so guess maybe already there? and helped a guild called Fataalll(or something like that aha) they had big group of players and seemed really good, suggested they go for Forts as I thought they would do really well and the rest is history. :’)

Fysez 08-14-2017 07:10 PM

Wanted to get into role playing, a friend online told me about Valikorlia on Graal so I played back before it was totally dead.
I stopped playing shortly after, then rejoined again when Classic first came out on iOS

iHot 08-14-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 793016)
Was actually round about when Classic first released, I used to check for new games as never really stuck to one game that much, happened to see it and thought I’d give a try... Walked around trying to kill players abit then asked what there was to do on Graal to a player.. He took me to Battle Arena spar and helped out abit telling me all the controls etc(that was pretty simple anyway-but nice from him to say about it) he basically said after that, this is where they play 1vs1 and that’s about it.

So kept around and played PKWars(Clan in name)-killing lmao with Snow Assassins not sure if they were same as *the snow assassins but anyways it was fun..

I’m not sure if forts came before swamp or not hmm as I remember going to swamp spar around same time forts was about so guess maybe already there? and helped a guild called Fataalll(or something like that aha) they had big group of players and seemed really good, suggested they go for Forts as I thought they would do really well and the rest is history. :’)

I remember the Snow Assassins I have their 1k Guild Hat along with Venus Gospel's 1k Guild Hat. I don't remember doing much for either guild just since Venus got their hat for 1k, Azrael opened Revolution for us to buy the hat real quickly and then removed the hat and opened it up for everyone else to celebrate the achievement. I believe PULSE was the first guild to ever reach 1k fort hours. Those were the days :,(

Quote:

Posted by Fysez (Post 793024)
Wanted to get into role playing, a friend online told me about Valikorlia on Graal so I played back before it was totally dead.
I stopped playing shortly after, then rejoined again when Classic first came out on iOS

Valikorlia was always dead but for some reason I really enjoyed it. It felt like what Graal SHOULD be rather than what it was on the iphones.

Liz 08-14-2017 09:55 PM

I was scrolling through different games on the App Store. I downloaded around 20 apps and just went through them all, deleting them after I played a bit of each. Graal survived the purge because I thought the customization was fun.

KristenGW 08-14-2017 10:53 PM

I saw an ad on a different app and the ad, not at all for Graal, for some reason had GraalClassic+ on an iphone, which was the focus of the ad

Eugeen 08-14-2017 11:32 PM

Used to search for mmo's a lot and came across a newly released app which was graalonline classic.

Pretty much figured everything out in the game on my own and was a lead in Fatal's guild called The Snow Assassins which I ended up getting a 1k hat with.
It was a lot of fun to base back in the day, probably just because I was younger though, I find the game quite boring nowadays and a waste of time hence why I haven't been on it in quite a while

HamStarr 08-14-2017 11:51 PM

i picked it up like a dead squirrel off the side of a road

Seth Reed 08-14-2017 11:54 PM

Genius Apps. I think it was some sort of app recommendation thing that used to be on the App Store that went off stuff already on your device/history. Went through it one day, and found Graal. Looked like a Zelda game, so I had to play it. Been playing iClassic ever since.

WaFFL3Cake 08-15-2017 12:51 AM

Friend from a different game recommended it. I initially stuck around because of the exploration and customization.

Wolfie 08-15-2017 01:38 AM

My friend told me about it during December 2011 I think. Took me a while to download it, but I finally did. Got bored at first, so I deleted. Then, I came back around March or April 2012 and kept playing until probably last year. Recently came back.

Ash Ketchum 08-15-2017 02:56 AM

This video

Aguzo 08-15-2017 03:39 AM

Was looking for a highly competitive esports game and I saw james/205tv streaming GraalOnlineClassic on twitch, so I decided to check it out
Pretty good game so far

Wolfie 08-15-2017 03:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 793073)
This video

God damn. I didn't know Characters Japan was that old.

Bina 08-15-2017 04:11 AM

I downloaded it in 2012 after my older brother bugged me to.

Fysez 08-15-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 793073)
This video

Gr-ale or Gr-all?

Ryan 08-15-2017 05:17 AM

friend told me to get it when we were 11, long time ago

Shmegg 08-15-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Fysez (Post 793083)
Gr-ale or Gr-all?

Both of those are wrong, it's Growl and I refuse to believe otherwise.

maximus_asinus 08-15-2017 02:43 PM

Started playing on my cousin's recommendation. We shared an account named 'thedarkcanuck' going under the nickname 'FuzzMan'. I remember Spyder leaked a list and that account was in the top few thousand ever made. I made my own account a bit later but didn't active use it until Sept. 1999 when I got my own PC.

Fysez 08-15-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 793105)
Started playing on my cousin's recommendation. We shared an account named 'thedarkcanuck' going under the nickname 'FuzzMan'. I remember Spyder leaked a list and that account was in the top few thousand ever made. I made my own account a bit later but didn't active use it until Sept. 1999 when I got my own PC.

I was 2 when you made your own account

maximus_asinus 08-15-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by Fysez (Post 793106)
I was 2 when you made your own account

don't talk about it, you make me feel old.

Pokki 08-15-2017 04:53 PM

my brother's friend showed my brother whom showed me graal
i was 8 god damn years old.

Kendrick 08-15-2017 06:54 PM

2012, I was on the appstore on my sister's iPad and downloaded Graal Classic, but ended up downloading Graal Era when Classic was advertising it.

Ethacon 08-15-2017 07:24 PM

Come on guys this thread is stealing the fame away from Funny/Cringey moments.

RyanB 08-15-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Pokki (Post 793113)
my brother's friend showed my brother whom showed me graal
i was 8 god damn years old.

Were you doing dirty rp at that age? ;)

Elk 08-15-2017 10:36 PM

my mom found it for me

starry 08-16-2017 02:22 AM

a friend from a camp i went to was talking about it

MisterFace 08-16-2017 03:47 AM

Interesting seeing everyones responses. I found Classic on some free app of the day. After I exited the app, Graal disappeared forever. Glad I remember the name.

GraalEtho 08-16-2017 04:51 AM

around 2010 i found graal classic by just browsing for games on the ios app store. I was looking for games to play at that time, and i stumbled across classic, got on played for about a year, quit and came back 1-2 years later and im still playing the game as of today...though im more on olwest now though.

WaFFL3Cake 08-16-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by MisterFace (Post 793176)
Interesting seeing everyones responses. I found Classic on some free app of the day. After I exited the app, Graal disappeared forever. Glad I remember the name.

Even though I had already bought classic+ in 2010, i remember going on FAAD often and requesting Graal to be free quite often for the benefit of others. faad was cool :)

DarkKnight 08-16-2017 06:34 AM

I played graal to meet babes

HamStarr 08-16-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Posted by DarkKnight (Post 793193)
I played graal to meet babes

show that sweet sweet screencap again, please?

GOAT 08-16-2017 03:45 PM

Used to play tic-tac-toe online app by playmesh and it had like a chat room thing going. Was part of the trolling bunch in the chat room and some "girl" tought I was funny so she told me about it, S3xy Chik4na (Mexican Guild).

Joined and was immediately spammed with "honor me please" pm's. Left and came back a couple days later when she showed me around. June 2010

And one of the first noobs I met was Ash Ketchum :love:

MisterFace 08-17-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by WaFFL3Cake (Post 793188)
Even though I had already bought classic+ in 2010, i remember going on FAAD often and requesting Graal to be free quite often for the benefit of others. faad was cool :)

Thats awesome glad ya did it! :)

Perseus 08-17-2017 06:52 AM

Your mom. She introduced it to me as we sipped wine around the kitchen table, while you lay fast asleep in your bed.

Flashback...
Spoiler
It was a gloomy October night,
the year was 2011. I entered the supermarket to pick up some things for dinner with friends the next evening. I grabbed a grocery basket and headed for the produce aisle in search of broccoli. That's when I saw HER. She was standing there, inspecting a sale the store had on Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies. I approached her and said; "Y'know, if you put those in the microwave for, say, around two minutes, open the cellophane wrapper, and then pour the contents into a tall drinking glass, it's much more enjoyable." She just stared at me for a moment, trying to comprehend what I had just told her. "But anything over two-minutes fifteen seconds the package bursts, and you have a messy microwave." She said with a smile. We conversed for a while about the Little Debbie brand, Toyota's, and everything in between. As we went through the check-out, she told me, "I have some chardonnay chilling in the fridge at home, would you care to join me?" I pondered the offer for a moment, "Absolutely."
End flashback...

And that's the story of how I ended up playing Graal.

Trav 08-17-2017 09:55 AM

Friend introduced me to it.
I didn't play for the sake of my entertainment though

Vulcan Blaze 08-17-2017 11:02 AM

Hours of searching the app store in 2011, and downloading as many apps as I could and tried all of them. Enjoyed some that I installed. Finally, after a huge amount of time searching I found a app called "Graal Classic", I gave it a go and loved it xD

HamStarr 08-17-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perseus (Post 793277)
Your mom. She introduced it to me as we sipped wine around the kitchen table, while you lay fast asleep in your bed.

Flashback...
Spoiler
It was a gloomy October night,
the year was 2011. I entered the supermarket to pick up some things for dinner with friends the next evening. I grabbed a grocery basket and headed for the produce aisle in search of broccoli. That's when I saw HER. She was standing there, inspecting a sale the store had on Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies. I approached her and said; "Y'know, if you put those in the microwave for, say, around two minutes, open the cellophane wrapper, and then pour the contents into a tall drinking glass, it's much more enjoyable." She just stared at me for a moment, trying to comprehend what I had just told her. "But anything over two-minutes fifteen seconds the package bursts, and you have a messy microwave." She said with a smile. We conversed for a while about the Little Debbie brand, Toyota's, and everything in between. As we went through the check-out, she told me, "I have some chardonnay chilling in the fridge at home, would you care to join me?" I pondered the offer for a moment, "Absolutely."
End flashback...

And that's the story of how I ended up playing Graal.

Wolfie's poem was better.

DarkKnight 08-17-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by HamStarr (Post 793194)
show that sweet sweet screencap again, please?

which one

HamStarr 08-18-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Posted by DarkKnight (Post 793325)
which one

the one that used to be in your signature

Raeven 08-18-2017 02:09 PM

Was searching vagene and bobs and found graal in the results

DoubleliftGraal 08-19-2017 07:02 PM

Bro recommended me it, it sucked in 2009, when i played in 2012, i met a few friends and kept playing till I found out what gst was lol

DJ Meow 08-19-2017 08:32 PM

I was searching for dating apps and then stumbled upon Graal.

Skyzer 08-19-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 792990)
year was 2000

flash games were popular

found one that claimed to be "like zelda but multiplayer"

this but 2004

Quote:

Posted by Fysez (Post 793083)
Gr-ale or Gr-all?

Neither.