Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic FAQs and Guides (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Rare types of baddies (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35683)

Sir Travis 05-17-2016 10:29 PM

Rare types of baddies

1 Attachment(s)
Well we all have our insane encounters with rare baddies. You try to explain but nobody really ever trusts it. Today it was my turn..... The fabled golden blob!

Lockdown 05-18-2016 07:45 PM

Photoshopped! Lol jk.

Pr0m4N V.14 05-18-2016 07:54 PM

I had to take on two badit captains at once. I killed one and almost Finsished the second, when some guy stole my kill.

Sir Travis 05-21-2016 02:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bats with hats? Works for me :D

Livid 05-21-2016 12:22 PM

Skull bats
Gold slimes
Flaming slimes
Giant crab
Pirate leader
Not sure if theres a normal baddy that became something different like instead of green its blue who knows

SomeGuy 06-05-2016 08:09 AM

Bomb rats?

Elk 06-05-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 706559)
Bats with hats? Works for me :D

woah dusty, how did you manage to do this? i remember you tried getting a similar extrude effect with polys years ago

i achieved it similarily with a clientside overlay... is this the same?

Dusty 06-05-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Elk (Post 711573)
woah dusty, how did you manage to do this? i remember you tried getting a similar extrude effect with polys years ago

i achieved it similarily with a clientside overlay... is this the same?

Two polygons. One overlays a large polygon over the entire screen, then carves a hole out of the center(when polygon coordinates overlap they invert, or in this case erase). Then another polygon that draws an image where the hole is cut out that represents the circle.

However if you think it allows you to draw overlapping circles you misunderstood. That can be achieved though with creative use of drawingpanel gui's, though:

Gotta be careful with darkness effects for mobile servers however, because of phone/tablet brightness and such even a slight darkness overlay can make it very hard to see.

Alexmo 06-05-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 711591)
Two polygons. One overlays a large polygon over the entire screen, then carves a hole out of the center(when polygon coordinates overlap they invert, or in this case erase). Then another polygon that draws an image where the hole is cut out that represents the circle.

However if you think it allows you to draw overlapping circles you misunderstood. That can be achieved though with creative use of drawingpanel gui's, though:

Gotta be careful with darkness effects for mobile servers however, because of phone/tablet brightness and such even a slight darkness overlay can make it very hard to see.

So how hard it would be to make a day night / weather cycle

Yog 06-05-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Alexmo (Post 711592)

It wouldn't be hard at all

Alexmo 06-05-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yog (Post 711594)
It wouldn't be hard at all

Would be a great idea to add so in case something like idk *cough fishing* the code would just need some slight editing plus it would look cool

Dusty 06-05-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Alexmo (Post 711592)

Making those things is easy. Giving them purpose is hard. If you have rain and night it's cool at first... then you realize there's no reason for it to be dark and making it harder to see, or have it rain that's distracting and loud. Then players ask for ways to disable them and then suddenly some players are playing in darkness(which is a handicap imo) and some aren't... so they disable it because it adds nothing to the game.

Alexmo 06-05-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 711602)
Making those things is easy. Giving them purpose is hard. If you have rain and night it's cool at first... then you realize there's no reason for it to be dark and making it harder to see, or have it rain that's distracting and loud. Then players ask for ways to disable them and then suddenly some players are playing in darkness(which is a handicap imo) and some aren't... so they disable it because it adds nothing to the game.

Like I said maybe certain fish come out at certain times and stuff like in terraria or maybe bugs are more common during certain conditions or different things are sold at shops or the bazaar events something special or it could just be there for ascetic to make the world feel more alive. Or it could have your character status effects like in Xenoblade Chronicles x. The possibilities are endless less all you got to do is think

Dusty 06-05-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Alexmo (Post 711609)
The possibilities are endless less all you got to do is think

And that stuff is hard to implement.

Alexmo 06-05-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 711612)
And that stuff is hard to implement.

Yes I know things take time and currently most people seem satisfied with the current updates but still just saying