Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thoughts about this year's Graalmas. (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41176)

Swoosh0498 12-26-2018 05:48 AM

Thoughts about this year's Graalmas.

So I opened my gifts this morning and was really traumatized by the number of old accessories that were reused. I'm also very angry that I only got 2 and a half pages of hats with 650 gifts because I spent a really high amount of real money on to this and some people who did not even spend a single dime got 15 pages of hats because they used the glitch; how is that fair? I know someone who got every single mount and accessories that was in the gift because he used the glitch; however, for the sake of privacy, I'm not going to name him. I just hope admins will do something about this because it makes me don't want to spend and invest my money in this game anymore. I feel like I got scammed BIG TIME and there is nothing really that I can do.

Swoosh0498 12-26-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Posted by Howl (Post 823407)
aaaaaaaand that's why you don't do that

I'm probably going to spend less money or maybe try not to spend at all. I'm really having trust issues with this game. I've been playing since 2012 and I've never been so disappointed in my whole time playing.

Yonce 12-26-2018 06:31 AM

,,,what is this glitch u speak of

4-Lom 12-26-2018 06:34 AM

Yeah I got 5 or 6 of the same 'rolled down hood' in different colors. I'm wondering if FP4's "Accessory fix" that was supposed to give you a different color didn't somehow backfire and just give the same accessory as long as it had different colors until you had them all.

These same hoods were sold for like 5 or 6k in the shops at one point. I had bought one. Pretty lame to get items that you passed up because the colors didn't match your costumes at the same time as getting an item you already paid for.

That and these should be hats so you can wear them in conjunction with the capes that they match with.

Hood rant aside, I was pretty pleased with the ratio of items, the item spread, and the seasonal extras.

Some hats I got should never have been introduced (gift box lid? if that's what it is?). Also there's some era noob running around making yolo swag slotted 'sunglasses' that should be stopped in their tracks. These don't belong in this setting and they are extremely poorly made.

Cheers!

Swoosh0498 12-26-2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Posted by Yonce (Post 823409)
,,,what is this glitch u speak of

It's where you have to grab the gift 6-9 times and tap the open button quickly and you'll instantly get 5-9 items on one gift, I think it's patched now you can't do it anymore.

Garutias 12-26-2018 07:40 AM

Disappointing that there were hats last year re-used in this years gifts.

Green 12-26-2018 07:59 AM

With all the bugs with gifts near the start of the month, having them randomly disappear/go missing when trading and getting robbed by Secret Santa, the reuse of really old items which really wasn't surprising and the almost hour wait time for vip's to open their gifts, the best part about this years Christmas to me was reading all of the messages people wrote me on their tags. I wish I could go back and read them all again.

Distorted_P2P 12-26-2018 10:34 AM

its so pointless to spend money on this game

Swoosh0498 12-26-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 823413)
With all the bugs with gifts near the start of the month, having them randomly disappear/go missing when trading and getting robbed by Secret Santa, the reuse of really old items which really wasn't surprising and the almost hour wait time for vip's to open their gifts, the best part about this years Christmas to me was reading all of the messages people wrote me on their tags. I wish I could go back and read them all again.

I agree I feel like devs didn’t do their job right this year with all the bugs and glitches it makes the game dull. I’m not complaining about the hats I’ve gotten, I’m complaining more about the fact that people who uses glitch got almost everything who probably spent less or even did not spend anything at all. To be honest, I don’t blame them for it, it is very tempting to do so especially when you know it exist. I feel like banning them is not going to give justice or anything. I just hope they step it up because I’m very tired spending money on this game and not getting what I deserve. I’m probably not going to spend anything on this game anymore until I feel like everything in this game is sort out. The game has so much potential but because of the glitch and bugs there’s no more point of playing besides socializing.

Vicipower 12-26-2018 04:11 PM

As one of many people who submitted hats this christmas I have to say I was really dissapointed when I found out that I wasn't the only one who didn't get all their submissions added to their account in time.
Apperently the person who was in charge of taking care of the submissions this year was obviously not fit for the job and I hope they take this into consideration next time around.

It's just annoying to submit 21 hats and have someone be really irresponsable and only add 15 to my account when 20 were actually accepted.
I probably wouldnt have found out that this was a mistake made by the person in charge if I hadn't seen other people complain about their submissions not being on their account as well.
I'm just glad it got fixed.

Colin 12-26-2018 04:37 PM

“Not getting what I deserve”. Spending money on gifts (which you know is going to be randomized) doesn’t mean you deserve anything, and people who abused the glitch will be dealt with accordingly.

“I’m complaining more about the fact that people who uses glitch got almost everything who probably spent less or even did not spend anything at all”. What about people who get everything because they spend a lot of money to G4G random strangers who do the same - while someone with no friends/no money can’t afford to G4G gets nothing cause most people only care about actually getting and buying them selves gifts. You got two and a half hat pages and other stuff, that’s plenty. You aren’t entitled to receive every single item just because you spent real money. Both ends of the spectrum can rant about this.

There’s few people who actually gift just to gift, which is the whole point of Christmas. Shoutout to my daddies Dante/Thallen/Shaheen for gifting me even though I hadn’t logged on this month,.

@Classic Staff I got Yule Logs and no cool sick cosmetic hats, you’re on my list

Swoosh0498 12-26-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by Swoosh0498 (Post 823425)
I’m not complaining about the hats I’ve gotten, I’m complaining more about the fact that people who uses glitch got almost everything who probably spent less or even did not spend anything at all.

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 823433)
“Not getting what I deserve”. Spending money on gifts (which you know is going to be randomized) doesn’t mean you deserve anything, and people who abused the glitch will be dealt with accordingly.

“I’m complaining more about the fact that people who uses glitch got almost everything who probably spent less or even did not spend anything at all”. What about people who get everything because they spend a lot of money to G4G random strangers who do the same - while someone with no friends/no money can’t afford to G4G gets nothing cause most people only care about actually getting and buying them selves gifts. You got two and a half hat pages and other stuff, that’s plenty. You aren’t entitled to receive every single item just because you spent real money. Both ends of the spectrum can rant about this.

There’s few people who actually gift just to gift, which is the whole point of Christmas. Shoutout to my daddies Dante/Thallen/Shaheen for gifting me even though I hadn’t logged on this month,.

@Classic Staff I got Yule Logs and no cool sick cosmetic hats, you’re on my list

Before you say something please read everything? Because you sound like a clown right now. Just like I said I'm not complaining about the AMOUNT of hats I've gotten. It is what it is. I'm complaining more about the fact that there are so many bugs and glitches. I know I am not entitled to get everything and that is okay.

Also, you say that the whole point of this is to give? Sure I agree for some people that's the case. But don't generalize everyone because some people are only here to play. The people who did not receive anything because they have no money or friends deserve what they get because the people who actually got a lot of gifts are the ones who are very dedicated to this game.

Colin 12-26-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Swoosh0498 (Post 823434)
I'm complaining more about the fact that there are so many bugs and glitches.

Is Graal the only video game you play? Happens in nearly every game, even ones that toss millions of dollars into development.

People who abuse these always get caught,

Quote:

Posted by Swoosh0498 (Post 823434)
The people who did not receive anything because they have no money or friends deserve what they get because the people who actually got a lot of gifts are the ones who are very dedicated to this game.

The people who get a lot of gifts are the ones who G4G with real money (or money they saved for all year in-game) which is not a measure of dedication to a game.

Quote:

Posted by Swoosh0498 (Post 823425)
I’m very tired spending money on this game and not getting what I deserve.

Rusix 12-26-2018 06:16 PM

It's Classic, If it isn't the railroads getting absolutely destroyed and being unusable for months, Or something isn't broken severely to mess up gameplay, It isn't classic.

Colin 12-26-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Posted by Swoosh0498 (Post 823406)
So I opened my gifts this morning and was really traumatized by the number of old accessories that were reused.

Gifts have been reused for a while, and they don't really have a choice. Since people G4G to get hundreds of gifts, and they can't make hundreds of new items every Christmas season - it's fair that they pool Christmas prizes from prior years as well.

If you genuinely got "traumatized" by this, I don't think Classic is the problem, at the end of the day it's just a game. Take a step back and take some time to reflect.