Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Guild Centre (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bring back the competition (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38451)

Agonee 03-04-2017 07:21 PM

Bring back the competition

Can we get back 5k hats or any thing like that, I'm tired too see noobs getting cocky over hitting 1k hours even tho they still had to truce half of the guilds, this game been so dry, everyone is waiting for the NGS but lately I really lost hope in it & don't actually think it'll come out, give us something to do and stop making this game too noobfriendly.

MisterFace 03-04-2017 08:35 PM

NGS will fix this hopefully.

Colin 03-04-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by MisterFace (Post 769566)
NGS will fix this hopefully.

Not with AA's guild roster

Competition doesn't come from rewards, it comes from players, if you tired of them getting 'cocky' go take their towers or PK them all day it's pretty simple even for AA clan...

Agonee 03-04-2017 08:45 PM

F**kboy^

Thallen 03-05-2017 02:18 AM

I don't think any rewards are going to make towering competitive (at least past the first week or something), because I honestly don't think it was competitive for about the last two years it existed… Even in that last month, it felt like more of a bartering contest to ally with other guilds than it did a competition.

The problem that always existed in towering is that it comes with an "everybody wins" endgame… You can't really lose, and if you just continue to do it eventually you're going to win. That's why I continuously suggested that towering be seasonal, and only the top 3–5 guilds at the end of the season be rewarded. That's why the GST and seasonal leaderboards are usually pretty competitive, you can't talk your way into winning. I really hated that part of towering.

It would make people tower a lot more though. I do agree that looking forward to the NGS is becoming depressing, but when/if it does happen then I think it would fix the vast majority of issues of issues like this.

SolFessler 03-05-2017 02:33 PM

the NGS is probably gonna kill military guilds hahahah

tbh i think 1k hats is still a good idea, but 1k hats should be given out based statistically on the top players in the guild. some sort of stat(s?) generated by towering for individual players, and then its averaged out to form something like the NBAs PER.

you know, also we should add basketball hoops and basketball furniture to the game, to add some variant to soccer only.

MisterFace 03-06-2017 04:19 AM

Quote:

Posted by SolFessler (Post 769720)
the NGS is probably gonna kill military guilds hahahah

tbh i think 1k hats is still a good idea, but 1k hats should be given out based statistically on the top players in the guild. some sort of stat(s?) generated by towering for individual players, and then its averaged out to form something like the NBAs PER.

you know, also we should add basketball hoops and basketball furniture to the game, to add some variant to soccer only.

They deserve to be killed.

Frankenstein 03-06-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 769569)
Competition doesn't come from rewards, it comes from players, if you tired of them getting 'cocky' go take their towers or PK them all day it's pretty simple even for AA clan...

There reaches a point when players need to be incentivized to continue to do something. It keeps things fresh and in the players mind they're playing for something that's worth their time.

Do a GST without hats and belts and it will die.

G Fatal 03-06-2017 09:43 PM

Who's 7th alltime guildscore now?

0.5 03-06-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 769638)
I don't think any rewards are going to make towering competitive (at least past the first week or something), because I honestly don't think it was competitive for about the last two years it existed… Even in that last month, it felt like more of a bartering contest to ally with other guilds than it did a competition.

The problem that always existed in towering is that it comes with an "everybody wins" endgame… You can't really lose, and if you just continue to do it eventually you're going to win. That's why I continuously suggested that towering be seasonal, and only the top 3–5 guilds at the end of the season be rewarded. That's why the GST and seasonal leaderboards are usually pretty competitive, you can't talk your way into winning. I really hated that part of towering.

It would make people tower a lot more though. I do agree that looking forward to the NGS is becoming depressing, but when/if it does happen then I think it would fix the vast majority of issues of issues like this.

Towering "seasonal" no smfh

I'm almost 100% they will be adding something for sparers in towering anyway

Reason you didn't think it was compeitive because you were always getting overpowered groups of people together when you got op groups there is not much compeition expect other op groups if you honestly wanted compeition you could of made it compeitive

Like for an example : when I did a 1k in your guild there was not much compeition at all but when I joined another guild and attacked your guild there was real compeition isnt that amazing how fast it can change

Definiton of op : look at CD and CD sub your prepared for the new one same old same old ...

Edit to say: I'm not just calling you out Or is it meant to be an attack I'm just saying there other ways to make it compeitive instead of the same old same old

Either way the NGS was way over hyped

Sad it had to go this direction

GotenGraal 03-07-2017 03:39 PM

Maybe if we get better prizes for towering it will b more competitive. now im thinking a juggle or a epic pogo

Shadd 03-07-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by GotenGraal (Post 770235)
Maybe if we get better prizes for towering it will b more competitive. now im thinking a juggle or a epic pogo

Hats and Mounts are better in my opinion.

Agonee 03-07-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shadd (Post 770252)
Hats and Mounts are better in my opinion.

You have to be on some serious drugs
EPIC POGO>Hats and Mounts

Fulgore 03-08-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Frankenstein (Post 769980)
There reaches a point when players need to be incentivized to continue to do something. It keeps things fresh and in the players mind they're playing for something that's worth their time.

Do a GST without hats and belts and it will die.

I agree with the general message to an extent, but I think GST is an exception rn. A lot of the hats in the past 2-3 years were unwearable, yet the same groups of people never stopped entering. That event specifically is less about the cosmetics and more about pride if anything.

Frankenstein 03-08-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by Fulgore (Post 770524)
I agree with the general message to an extent, but I think GST is an exception rn. A lot of the hats in the past 2-3 years were unwearable, yet the same groups of people never stopped entering. That event specifically is less about the cosmetics and more about pride if anything.

I disagree. Statue, belt, hat. Even if the hat is ****ty it's still a symbol of victory. Those are three strong incentives to the Graal world.