Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Changes that ruined iClassic for me (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41087)

Basi 11-28-2018 03:54 PM

Changes that ruined iClassic for me

After 8 years of playing Graal, I have witnessed a lot of changes. Some of these changes are big, and some small. The point of this thread is for constructive criticism and to explain why I have become distant from Graal. All of these points are just me giving my opinion.

1. The Tileset Change
-One of the earliest changes that I strongly opposed was the changing of the tileset. For those who are newer to Graal, iClassic used to use a tileset very similar to this one:
https://imgur.com/FNn4TIm
Before changing it to the one it is now. I had grown up with the game loving that tileset which I found to be a lot more visually pleasing than the current one that looks like faded plastic.

2. The 5 Guild Limit
-This one is self explanatory, but In a HEARTBEAT I would give back the New Guild System in exchange for taking away the 5 guild limit. Before the 5 guild limit i was in roughly 15 guilds. Sometimes you stay in an old guild to be reminded of the fun memories you shared with the members who may not play as much anymore. To me, 15 guilds does not seem like a lot. I understand the reason why they limited it to 5, but I had to make a heartbreaking decision to leave 10-11 of my oldest and best friends guilds because if I did not, i would never be allowed to join a guild again. The forcefulness of this is brutal and I am still bitter about this.

3. The profile change
-Oh my god I cannot stand the layout of the new profiles with the slide bar and having to swipe across to see someones stats. In Graal culture (lol) its very common for people to change their names, make it something stupid like unknown or player etc. With this trend it becomes difficult to remember who's who on your friends list. A few friends of mine, I ended up knowing who they were because i had memorized their stats. Now it becomes even more difficult to keep track of people and becomes more of a hassle to see the stats that I want to see from someone.

4. The Farming Nerf & Gralat change
-Farming used to be so much easier and smooth. Years ago, if you put a bomb in the grass, you actually had the chance to maybe have every patch of grass spawn a gralat. Now if you put 3-4 bombs in a huge patch of grass you can still sometimes get NOTHING. This was rarely the case around 2010-2011. There used to be tons of unique and fun methods to farming such as horse farms. Farming has evolved so much that using bombs in grass IS NOT EVEN AN EFFICIENT WAY TO FARM. The current "farming meta" (lol) is to get on a horse, and ride around slashing the grass because bombing grass has become so unreliable. Additionally the new gralat sprite looks terrible imo.

5. The Furniture Value Nerf
-The final nail in the coffin. Now i understand they have every right to do this, its really funny and incredible how higher management sees this appropriate. This HAS to be hurting their sales. I know i have purchased gralat packs simply to buy furniture for my house. Now i would never think to do that in a million years because it has nearly ZERO VALUE. I hope no one else falls victim to buying furniture going forward, because it has got to be one of the biggest money pits i can think of. I understand it is to prevent a glitch that abusers were making money off of. But you need to work on fixing the bug and ban anyone caught doing it. Not make the entire community suffer.

Some of these complains of mine could be changed by offering a toggle option to turn on and off the new profiles for example but yea.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

Adrian 11-28-2018 04:12 PM

don't forget about the bees

Dusty 11-28-2018 04:31 PM

iClassic never used that tileset.

Basi 11-28-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 821741)
iClassic never used that tileset.

maybe it wasnt that tileset exactly, but it was one that looked extremely similar

Rusix 11-28-2018 05:21 PM

Yeah i agreee with all this actually. Literally all of it.

To me though, The tileset change was terrible. Probably the worst thing. Because if you compare the two, Even today the old one looks so much nicer, The grass was far more eye friendly and pretty, The trees actually looked like trees and not some weird variant that looks like palm trees all over the place even in snowtown. The old tileset was simply more beautiful, I think they had to change it for copyright reasons for what i'm told. But my god don't change it and make it 10x worse and make it uglier.

The guild limit, It hasn't bugged me personally given i'm rarely in guilds and haven't had too much of an issue, But Yeah we shouldn't of needed a cap, Why limit how many guilds a player can be in? Why limit what players want to do?

And yeah, I think everyone agrees the profile change looks absolutely ugly, Infact i literally have not heard or even seen or encountered a single person who likes the new profile layout over the old one. The new one is so cluttered, ugly and just simply was never needed, The old one was simpler and gave the stats you needed to know. A lot of this other stuff really isn't needed, It makes profiles so ugly looking. Especially that slider thing it makes it look hideous

Of course i could rant all day about this, But i will give Classic credit though, There has been some things they added that are nice like the map extensions, The castle, ect. That landmine thing they recently added. But admittedly they are kinda destroying the game more then they are improving it. Hell i could also add on a crap ton of things you missed like removal of explosive arrows, Nerfing loot prices and bubble spawn rates. Nerfing bug prices to the point they are literally pointless to catch because they don't give jack crap. And i could add tons of other things that they decided to one day ruin. They just simply are destroying the game more then they are imrpoving it, It's why i rarely play Classic or any graal game now and stick to other games. Spent more money on AQ3D in this month then i spent on Graal in 7 years or so. Because they simply are destroying the game more then they improve it.

Vendetta 11-28-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Basi (Post 821742)
maybe it wasnt that tileset exactly, but it was one that looked extremely similar

As in this tileset? Fairly sure it was a mashup of pics1 with a few things from New World. It was very cluttered and not pretty. The new tileset is minimal, cleaner, and in my opinion suits the iClassic art style far better than the old one.

Basi 11-28-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 821746)

As in this tileset? Fairly sure it was a mashup of pics1 with a few things from New World. It was very cluttered and not pretty. The new tileset is minimal, cleaner, and in my opinion suits the iClassic art style far better than the old one.

yeah i liked that one. i think its currently being used on the oasis island? idk man i personally think that one is a lot better on the eyes.

4-Lom 11-28-2018 06:19 PM

Submissions. Upload tokens. Broken stuff. Bugs. Nerf. Prices. Euuuugh.

I play for the people.

Heeble 11-28-2018 06:42 PM

I already went into detail why the furniture nerf happened.

Spoiler
Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 819952)
I highly doubt it. After the recent furniture dupe, people who abused it decided to buy mass amounts of random furniture to attempt to smuggle money past being banned. They also uploaded a ton of customs to smuggle dupe money. So if you want to blame anyone for ruining furniture refunding and cursing us with upload tokens, blame the dupers.

This "temporary" 1g refund fix is permanent. So get use to it.

The only thing we can hope for is a new method for storing furniture. Perhaps a furniture bank, similar to how Delteria's banking system works, that allows you to store excess furniture in there. It could be a gralat sink as well. Maybe monthly fee similar to VIP to use the storage, or a one-time gralat charge to increase bank space.

I'm not sure why you think farming was nerfed. I've not heard of this happening. I still actively farm and I've not experienced this "nerf" at all. Perhaps you're just bad at it?

SomeGuy 11-28-2018 09:28 PM

I dont even really play graal that much anymore. Its a shame what the game has become. I know there are a few staff who want it to change, but i feel like it wont be the same. The past is the past.

Colin 11-28-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 821750)
I'm not sure why you think farming was nerfed. I've not heard of this happening. I still actively farm and I've not experienced this "nerf" at all. Perhaps you're just bad at it?

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about - from what I distinctly remember around 2011~ farms increased relatively the same as they do now. You could get every piece of grass with a face value of 1 or 5 and then get bad luck and take forever to reach 50/100 etc and vise versa, you could take forever to get the initial farm setup and then get 50/100 much faster, all dependent on RNG. Back then there was also exploits to get multiple gralats on one piece of grass which a lot of people did.

Also you probably shouldn't say you'd give back the new guild system in a heartbeat in exchange for the old one, when we haven't even seen what the NGS fully is going to be yet.

Basi 11-28-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 821759)
Also you probably shouldn't say you'd give back the new guild system in a heartbeat in exchange for the old one, when we haven't even seen what the NGS fully is going to be yet.

unless phase 2 includes the ability to join an unlimited number of guilds, i would rather have quantity over quality of only 5

Crono 11-29-2018 01:28 AM

classic uses a tileset thats based on a tileset older than the ****ty edited one that you grew up with on iclassic. the one you're familiar with from before is actually one of the worse tilesets i've seen on a public graal server. the cliffs alone should make you puke.

Rusix 11-29-2018 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by Crono (Post 821762)
classic uses a tileset thats based on a tileset older than the ****ty edited one that you grew up with on iclassic. the one you're familiar with from before is actually one of the worse tilesets i've seen on a public graal server. the cliffs alone should make you puke.

Are we talking about these cliffs? In the image i sent below.

If so, I'd have to disagree on that, Infact imo they are way more realistic looking and detailed then our current cliffs and look a bit more lively, Though i'm sure people will have their own opinions on this regardless. I just like it more then our current one since it looks more rocky and rough, and seems more detailed and looks like an actual cliff, Our current one is fine i guess but looks more like just plain dirt then an actual rocky cliff, Though i would make a few tiny edits on it admittedly, Yet again as i said before people will vary on opinions on these things when it comes to tilesets.

Vendetta 11-29-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821768)

If so, I'd have to disagree on that, Infact imo they are way more realistic looking and detailed then our current cliffs and look a bit more lively, Though i'm sure people will have their own opinions on this regardless. I just like it more then our current one since it looks more rocky and rough, and seems more detailed and looks like an actual cliff, Our current one is fine i guess but looks more like just plain dirt then an actual rocky cliff, Though i would make a few tiny edits on it admittedly, Yet again as i said before people will vary on opinions on these things when it comes to tilesets.

Nah, they're ugly

https://i.imgur.com/eHxIFjX.jpg

Phenalix 11-29-2018 08:19 AM

The thing that looks ugly to me is the tree tileset, look how weird it is, I prefer the old one, the leaves are more realisric than our today's tileset tree, lol

Heeble, what's the point of it, if they refunded it, they would get the half price of it except uploaded it in halloween and u refunded it in BF or later, bruh why don't they make a bank instead of that sh*t

Ivy 11-29-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 821769)

This, I hated the old tile set and am so glad it’s long gone lol.

But the furniture thing has made me never want to give Graal money again, or really even play. When I was looking for a game (exactly like Graal), the man tbjnf I was searching for was the ability to decorate your house however you please. Now that furniture that I’ve literally spent hundreds on furniture. (okay, over the years it’s racked up to around $2k+).
Is a massive slap in the face and honestly, I’m disgusted that they would treat their community this way instead of actually fixing anything. I hate the guild limit, but I don’t play enough anymore because there’s nothing interesting enough for me to do in game to make it worth my time anyhow. This game is seriously a Shell of its former self, even with great new content being added. At its core, everything is ever loved about this game has been ruined.

Long story short, they destroyed the one thing that really drew me to the game all those years ago, and I can’t bear to waste more than an hour a month on it. I’m sure plenty of people are glad I’m gone though lol

Colin 11-29-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ivy (Post 821774)
I’m sure plenty of people are glad I’m gone though lol

You’re right

anyway the furniture thing does suck, too bad they can’t see the dates you bought the furniture so people who bought before the nerf/duping glitches were out could sell but nothing we can do about it I guess

Basi 11-29-2018 01:00 PM

Theres no point in arguing that one tileset is better than another, some of us prefer the old one, some of us prefer the new one. The End.

The other issues however I think are still crippling

BrandonGraal 11-29-2018 02:42 PM

I dont really care about any of this, ik it bothers a bunch of people.. but one of the worst things is what they did to towering and pkin. You warp out of the tower every second if theres a lot of people. They made it where u can pk 1 person 3 times then it doesnt count for the next awhile. Seems pretty pointless for me to pk, impossible to pk at least in the morning or later at night.(Eastern Standered Time/ EST). Ive been tryna to get into pk, but Ive gave up on it.

Phenalix 11-29-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 821782)
Ione of the worst things is what they did to towering and pkin. You warp out of the tower every second if theres a lot of people. They made it where u can pk 1 person 3 times then it doesnt count for the next awhile. Seems pretty pointless for me to pk, impossible to pk at least in the morning or later at night.

yeah man what's the point if you killed the him/her 3 times and and your pk doesnt count, youre right its nonsense to do, its so unfair that they did it, it'll be okay for me if they dont count idle players instead of killing a pker 3 times and no count, thats why graalonline will die soon, they make bad updates and they don't even see the someone's opinion.

Sir Travis 11-29-2018 03:04 PM

The furniture resale nerf? Pretty sure that isn’t forever, just a band aid fix to stop the hemorrhage, would be nice to hear some news on that though from an official

I like the new tile set though... but I never played much till iOS classic arrived

TyVERT 11-29-2018 03:18 PM

How about there is no reward for towering in classic, That destroys the motivation to tower. The admins on iclassic are trying to freshen up the game but are failing and they need to listen to their community. (thats from what i see)

Basi 11-29-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 821782)
I dont really care about any of this, ik it bothers a bunch of people.. but one of the worst things is what they did to towering and pkin. You warp out of the tower every second if theres a lot of people. They made it where u can pk 1 person 3 times then it doesnt count for the next awhile. Seems pretty pointless for me to pk, impossible to pk at least in the morning or later at night.(Eastern Standered Time/ EST). Ive been tryna to get into pk, but Ive gave up on it.

I actually forgot about that. I could probably make a whole new list including things like

1. PKs not counting
2. Brazilian Invasion (lack of seperate servers)
3. Broken Railroad, images, sprites, npcs.
4. No point in Towering
5. Tokens suck

Crono 11-29-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821768)

im going to quote this whenever the devs want to spend time polishing stuff because i feel this is the average graalian nowadays. completely tasteless

Fulgore 11-29-2018 04:19 PM

If I had to pick things I'd say gutting the competitive side of the game hurt pretty bad.

The planning of the NGS was the cause of removal of some features and changes like towering and towering hats, but the old features were removed way too early given how long it's taking to fully implement this system.

The lack of any kind of incentive to do any competitive activities on the game outside of GST 4 times a year has impacted a lot of that part of the playerbase, and while it's understandable that the top staff of this game should care way more about the people doing nothing but buying hats and furniture, it's still a frustrating direction because it isn't hard to give the competitive side of the game at least something as a sign of good faith.

Sun* 11-29-2018 06:36 PM

I never understood the issue with « Brazilian invasion »

Eugeen 11-29-2018 06:45 PM

This thread basically covers most of my reasons for quitting.

They keep making everything more expensive to buy but keep nerfing methods to obtain gralats while also making the items people own worth less by giving you back even less than what they were previously worth (furniture/upload tokens/bugs/diving/etc).

Then there's also this constant fear that everything you own in-game might dissapear at anytime due to things like:
- Random bugs
- Being banned for stupid reasons or by admins their mistakes
- Talking about, playing, or working for other games
- Saying anything negative about the game

I obviously have a softspot for graal and still like it to a certain degree but the negatives outweigh the positives which honestly just sucks because, like many others, I've spent a lot of time and money on the game

Basi 11-29-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sun* (Post 821797)

to be god honest with you, in the time since graal was like the #1 app in brazil, i had attempted to find some new players to befriend and recruit. By new players i mean people still on Balamb. Searching for days, weeks, months, i dont think i found a single english speaking person. a majority are from brazil, then youve got other south american countries as well.

i dont care that theyre here. i care that theyre all i can find.

playing graal feels the same as when i download a shady chinese game for my phone and im the only english speaker online

Colin 11-29-2018 08:25 PM

There’s thousands of English speaking players - they dominate both the towering scene and sparring, and populate all major areas of the map, I feel like you’re just over complaining/exaggerating at this point.

Why would you just sit at Balamb and be weirded out by not seeing “English people”? Anyone with half a brain is out of that place in minutes, horrible place to look for new people.

Thallen 11-29-2018 08:25 PM

All of the players that made the game worth playing (for me) have left, because the game is stagnant and the majority of staff (including management) don't care about the game and take the size and success of it for granted.

With the lack of gameplay-oriented development, it's been dumbed down to an interactive chat room where you pay absurd amounts of money to dress up your character. Things like Discord exist now though, and if people really want to chat with people then there are better solutions than logging on Graal. You aren't offered much else when you log on anymore, because it's not much of a game. There isn't much gameplay past a certain point.

Yes, to some degree the invasion of Brazilians has hurt the community aspect of the game. They can't speak the language that the game is advertised in and their ping is ridiculous on a game hosted in the US. Other than that, it's the community eating itself alive: I log on and find myself at the spar arena, which used to be somewhere I could spend hours a day and sometimes winning 300+ spars in a sitting, to now be surrounded by weirdos and alternate accounts who constantly just flame and harass people all day long. So, in that regard, even the social aspect of the game is pretty awful now.

More than anything though, it's probably just people getting older and realizing they can't enjoy the game for natural reasons anymore.

Rusix 11-29-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 821810)
There’s thousands of English speaking players - they dominate both the towering scene and sparring, and populate all major areas of the map, I feel like you’re just over complaining/exaggerating at this point.

Why would you just sit at Balamb and be weirded out by not seeing “English people”? Anyone with half a brain is out of that place in minutes, horrible place to look for new people.

For us people who played the game know this, People who never played the game, don't know this. This would fall under any game, If your first few minutes of it are seeing that not a single person speaks english and you only speak english, That's one of the biggest re-railers possible, Because nobody wants to play a game where nobody understands the language they play in, This is why many global games have servers

Aguzo 11-30-2018 12:52 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821816)
For us people who played the game know this, People who never played the game, don't know this. This would fall under any game, If your first few minutes of it are seeing that not a single person speaks english and you only speak english, That's one of the biggest re-railers possible, Because nobody wants to play a game where nobody understands the language they play in, This is why many global games have servers

Seems dumb to avoid a game from seeing a few people speak a different language at the start. No idea why anyone would assume that no one speaks English when the menus are in English, and can be changed to other languages (iirc).

Rusix 11-30-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aguzo (Post 821829)
Seems dumb to avoid a game from seeing a few people speak a different language at the start. No idea why anyone would assume that no one speaks English when the menus are in English, and can be changed to other languages (iirc).

Yet people avoid it anyway, Probably the reason why there is less and less people playing graal that are new that speak english then there was 4 or so years ago. Of course menus may be in english but if you don't see anyone speaking english without even knowing at all there is a chance of english players kinda does derail many people, This is why all, If not many MMORPG games have servers so it doesn't derail you just because you don't understand what anyone is saying or their language and think you're the only english guy. Doesn't help matters either that some new players don't even know there is more to graal then just that island with Brazilians, And there is Brazillians by the boat and along the tree lines, You only get to see english people around the bridge or some days graal city. English people do dominate the competitive aspects, But the competitive aspects are likely to be pretty boring for newer players when there are better more entertaining competitive games out there, Like example fortnite and PUBG and Overwatch, ect. Like Thallen said the game now is more a chatroom then an actual game, I'm surprised the people playing graal for the competitive aspects now haven't left already.

4-Lom 11-30-2018 02:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sun* (Post 821797)

Go to balamb island once in a while and see.

Perseus 11-30-2018 03:29 AM

Solution: Ghost the area coming off the boat

Nglyeh 11-30-2018 04:29 AM

It's kinda sad seeing something that has potential (even if it's some) being reduced to actual dirt.

Now it just seems like, all there is to do is stand around in one spot, and buy all the new hats, accessories, and crap

Phenalix 11-30-2018 05:14 AM

Guys even we complain about it, it will not change since only admins can change it, we can't stop them, do they whatever they want, it depends on the game's survival,

Also, I criticized this game, I might get banned, Lol

Brazilians must have their seperate server, they have enough brazilian players to have one, also I hate them for being too salty,

Rusix 11-30-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by Phenalix (Post 821842)
Guys even we complain about it, it will not change since only admins can change it, we can't stop them, do they whatever they want, it depends on the game's survival,

Also, I criticized this game, I might get banned, Lol

Brazilians must have their seperate server, they have enough brazilian players to have one, also I hate them for being too salty,

I don't think you understand, It isn't really admins place or in their power to really do anything, They are just volunteers. Since im pretty sure admins can't make a server for them. Devs however, can. Though i do agree, Brazilians do infact need their own server.

Reggie* 11-30-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821845)
I don't think you understand, It isn't really admins place or in their power to really do anything, They are just volunteers. Since im pretty sure admins can't make a server for them. Devs however, can. Though i do agree, Brazilians do in fact need their own server.

Quote:

Posted by Phenalix (Post 821842)

I disagree, because then you would have to give each non-English speaking country a different server, or it is just unfair to the Brazilians. Some of the are immature, but they are kids mostly...just like English speaking and other different foreign language speaking people. Each group of people have their own ups and downs, Brazilians...well they get more mature. I know the Military Community is frowned upon. But the most mature brazilians are probably the ones in the Brazilian Military guilds. Such as Regiao de Kiev and Regiao de Narva, not all of them are mature, but the mature ones enforce discipline, they make the best of them all. They do as their told, and respect those who speak their language or multiple.

Green 11-30-2018 08:03 AM

One of my least favorite updates would have to be the removal/changes to some areas of the map. I'm talking about Azraels Treehouse, Skyld's Treehouse, North Graal City, the old bridge area near Onnet Town and even the little wall you could blow up to reveal a cave near the old Revolution(?) spot and even that tiny cliff you could get to through a cave in Snow Town. I'm not sure if it's just because I've played it a lot or not but the game used to feel like it had so much more to explore, the world felt so much bigger and it had more character to it. Now everything sorta looks the same and there isn't anything special around anymore.

Phenalix 11-30-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 821846)
respect those who speak their language or multiple.

Sometimes I encounter some brazilians who disrespect our languages, they can't even talk english so I use translator on em, I just cant really handle those brazilians, too salty plus theyre unfair to others, im still a kid but i understand what they feel and i respect their opinion, most of them are kid and immature after all,

Ivy 11-30-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 821848)
One of my least favorite updates would have to be the removal/changes to some areas of the map. I'm talking about Azraels Treehouse, Skyld's Treehouse, North Graal City, the old bridge area near Onnet Town and even the little wall you could blow up to reveal a cave near the old Revolution(?) spot and even that tiny cliff you could get to through a cave in Snow Town. I'm not sure if it's just because I've played it a lot or not but the game used to feel like it had so much more to explore, the world felt so much bigger and it had more character to it. Now everything sorta looks the same and there isn't anything special around anymore.

This makes me really sad, too.

Basi 11-30-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

yeah i agree, north graal was my favorite spot in the game. as for the other spots, i think i know why they removed them. azrael's treehouse was removed for two reasons. 1. staff embarked on a campaign to remove a lot of "personalized" places on the map. anything that was made for one person or to tribute a person or guild was removed. this goes for skyld's treehouse as well. 2. azraels treehouse had a secret base that only members of zanza could enter. i know because i was in it. it was a huge secret base with their own copy and paste of the grotto, underground caves, essentially a massive guildhouse.

the campaign to remove personalized places on the map hurt me a lot, but i understand why they did it. kinda confuses new players who never got to meet azrael or skyld since theyre no longer around on the game. this is why things were removed such as: SNC guild house, Jezzle's house, Darkblade guildhouse, and more.

SomeGuy 11-30-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Dont forget air asia

Nglyeh 11-30-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 821858)
Dont forget air asia

I miss air asia.

Phenalix 11-30-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 821858)
Dont forget air asia

kinda fair because of copyright

WaFFL3Cake 12-01-2018 03:42 AM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 821746)

That's what I don't like about the new one. I don't have a big issue with there being a "new" tileset as much as I do the style of it. I feel like the simplicity of it discourages exploration.
When I was new to the game in 2010, I was fascinated by the world layout and graphics. When we had the Facebook/VIP server, I fell in love with exploring basically the same map all over again.

The way I see it is that the detail in the graphics make exploring appealing. I think certain areas of the current tileset could use some touchups...segue into

Color choices. If you take a look at Graal City, you'll see a lot of brown. If you take a look at the normal buildings (e.g. Christian's Shop, Information Kiosk, Azrael's Nightclub, Zol's Pub), you'll find a colored roof and various shades of brown. Even the windows are just brown. Taking a look at Elandy's Love Shack & Jesus Freaks, you'll find colored curtains. I don't understand why these curtains couldn't be used on all of the buildings.

I like to reminisce about the old tileset, but I'm not going to ask for it back. I'm at a point where I'd like to be content with the new one, but the monotony is holding me back.
____
Before anyone says that the tileset has to fit iClassic's reformed graphical style or something along those lines:

-The tileset is what primarily defines the graphical style, as hats & other accessories come and go and can be designed to adapt to the style of the tileset.

-Tiles can be updated to destroy senses of monotony while still maintaining
iClassic's graphical style

I implore the staff to think about how graphics are important from a game design perspective, and to understand how even minor tweaking can affect players/player experience.

Jenia 12-01-2018 11:55 AM

imagine thinking the old tileset is better than the new one... 💀

Distorted_P2P 12-01-2018 03:23 PM

People want progress then complain when we progress, you just can’t please everyone