Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Changes that ruined iClassic for me (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41087)

Adrian 12-02-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shad (Post 821926)
I can agree with most things except the part that removing guild rewards (specifically 1k hats) ruined the game. Not sure if you played that long ago but there were same groups of people who kept getting 1k and later then switching to other guilds and doing the same. People who always held the same towers for hours, (always held sards or destiny). Guilds like UpRising, The ABB, Half Heart, MDR, Special Forces and however many more guilds they had, idc. Point is, that was the reason towering rewards were removed. Towering just became a hat sport, which wasn’t fun anymore, considering more than half the server couldnt get a single guild hat or took even longer to get their first hat. And Im guessing there’s 50 person limit for that reason, ngs will have a way where more people are able to obtain rewards.

Finally

Numbrero 12-02-2018 07:22 PM

Honestly, I don't really get bothered by them changing things.
I know everyone is upset about nerfs and all, even me, but I'd rather them actually fix the server and its constant growing bugs than to complain,"its not as great as when I first played it" The high prices for items has always been a thing, remember, like, the first Christmas mount? Wasn't it 20k?
And I'd rather updates than things to stay the same constantly. '0'

Westbrook Graal 12-02-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shad (Post 821926)
I can agree with most things except the part that removing guild rewards (specifically 1k hats) ruined the game. Not sure if you played that long ago but there were same groups of people who kept getting 1k and later then switching to other guilds and doing the same. People who always held the same towers for hours, (always held sards or destiny). Guilds like UpRising, The ABB, Half Heart, MDR, Special Forces and however many more guilds they had, idc. Point is, that was the reason towering rewards were removed. Towering just became a hat sport, which wasn’t fun anymore, considering more than half the server couldnt get a single guild hat or took even longer to get their first hat. And Im guessing there’s 50 person limit for that reason, ngs will have a way where more people are able to obtain rewards.

so what ur saying is
no gameplay>flawed gameplay?

Shad 12-02-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Westbrook Graal (Post 821931)
so what ur saying is
no gameplay>flawed gameplay?

Im not saying that towering should have no rewards. Obviously there’s no point in that, it would be a waste of time. What im emphasizing is that the removal of 1k’s 5k’s and 10k’s didn’t ruin the game. Idk if you’ve seen what’s been going on but they’re coming with a new guild system. Gradually they’ve adding more stuff/phases, like guild roster limit. Which is good. Obviously since this ngs has been taking forever, its expected to be something good. And it will no longer be a “flawed gameplay” or whatever you call it. Im not here to argue with you bud but just saying if you read carefully, you’ll see what my point was. Lol

WaFFL3Cake 12-03-2018 12:53 AM

Could just be me, but I feel as if around 2009-2013 there was a larger sense of loyalty & a respect and/or desire to join prestigious guilds. Take a look at guilds like (MENSO), (VeNuS GoSPeL), (iHot), (Black n Yellow), (Zanza) & branches, (Mau5trap), (Falcons High), (Characters Japan). They all lasted for a while and were very successful guilds in regards to being active & achieving what they set out to do.

Players aren't obligated to give a hoot about any guilds, but I think a lack of respectable, prestigious guilds & recognizing that prestige is part of the issue.
If only that were something that could be fixed :c

4-Lom 12-03-2018 03:28 AM

Hat chasers.

Westbrook Graal 12-03-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Shad (Post 821932)
Im not saying that towering should have no rewards. Obviously there’s no point in that, it would be a waste of time. What im emphasizing is that the removal of 1k’s 5k’s and 10k’s didn’t ruin the game. Idk if you’ve seen what’s been going on but they’re coming with a new guild system. Gradually they’ve adding more stuff/phases, like guild roster limit. Which is good. Obviously since this ngs has been taking forever, its expected to be something good. And it will no longer be a “flawed gameplay” or whatever you call it. Im not here to argue with you bud but just saying if you read carefully, you’ll see what my point was. Lol

what you're saying would make sense if it wouldnt have been 2 years since they removed rewards

they've been "coming with a replacement" for 2 years, i'll say it again for emphasis. they removed a functioning system that was used for years (one which had no game breaking bugs) instead of making edits to the system, because they had a "almost completed new and improved one." 2 years later we still have nothing. players shouldn't be forced to play a broken game. there became no reward for towering so people stopped.

if my point didn't make sense to you, i'll elaborate
removing towering rewards ruined the game because for 2 years they made people wait on a "new system thats almost done" and it still hasn't been done, leading to people quitting, towering losing its point and competitive graal taking yet another hit in its most active aspect. does that make sense? what do you think would happen if gst belts/hats were removed, because they had "better rewards" and 2 years later there was still nothing? gst would be ruined. idk why you're trying to defend it, i have nothing personal against anybody in the staff team but i call it how it is. it makes no sense to me

Adrian 12-03-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Westbrook Graal (Post 821964)
what you're saying would make sense if it wouldnt have been 2 years since they removed rewards

they've been "coming with a replacement" for 2 years, i'll say it again for emphasis. they removed a functioning system that was used for years (one which had no game breaking bugs) instead of making edits to the system, because they had a "almost completed new and improved one." 2 years later we still have nothing. players shouldn't be forced to play a broken game. there became no reward for towering so people stopped.

removing towering rewards ruined the game because for 2 years they made people wait on a "new system thats almost done" and it still hasn't been done, leading to people quitting, towering losing its point and competitive graal taking yet another hit in its most active aspect. does that make sense? what do you think would happen if gst belts/hats were removed, because they had "better rewards" and 2 years later there was still nothing? gst would be ruined. idk why you're trying to defend it, i have nothing personal against anybody in the staff team but i call it how it is. it makes no sense to me

Repreprepreprpeprpeperpepproeprpeplrpepprreperep

Shad 12-05-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Westbrook Graal (Post 821964)

I know what you’re saying. It does suck that its taking forever for this to come out. Though, I dont think its 100% game breaking that they removed guild rewards. Staff could have made some sort of alternative to keep towering fresh and with a purpose while they’re working on it. Your points are valid and i’d like to add on that staff/devs executed poor choices. Would have been better to fully develop ngs before removing an old functioning system that has been used for years. But still there was that problem with 1k’s being too easy to get by same groups of people. A better way they could have done it, was to remove the old system with something temporary that still offers a prize (weekly/monthly rewards). Then that could be a functional towering system until ngs is complete.

WaFFL3Cake 12-05-2018 03:00 PM

My memory could be hazy so correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t 1k hats removed as a reward some time before the rest of the rewards were?

Shad 12-05-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by WaFFL3Cake (Post 822059)
My memory could be hazy so correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t 1k hats removed as a reward some time before the rest of the rewards were?

Im almost 100% sure It was GIF 1k’s as a reward “option” was removed first. I think they still allowed 5k’s or 10k’s. I think I might be wrong unless it was no GIF rewards at all. If they did it was until eventually just they removed all rewards.

4-Lom 12-06-2018 06:04 PM

lol u kids.

There was a period of a couple years when there were no railroads, too.

SomeGuy 12-06-2018 08:15 PM

Wow, this pretty innocent thread turned into an argument about towering...nice...

MrSimons 12-07-2018 03:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 821811)
Yes, to some degree the invasion of Brazilians has hurt the community aspect of the game. They can't speak the language that the game is advertised in and their ping is ridiculous on a game hosted in the US.

Is there a massive Brazilian player base now? Larger than the French one that I remember?

SomeGuy 12-07-2018 06:14 AM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 822159)
Is there a massive Brazilian player base now? Larger than the French one that I remember?

Much larger than the french one.