Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Changes that ruined iClassic for me (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41087)

Phenalix 11-29-2018 08:19 AM

The thing that looks ugly to me is the tree tileset, look how weird it is, I prefer the old one, the leaves are more realisric than our today's tileset tree, lol

Heeble, what's the point of it, if they refunded it, they would get the half price of it except uploaded it in halloween and u refunded it in BF or later, bruh why don't they make a bank instead of that sh*t

Ivy 11-29-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 821769)

This, I hated the old tile set and am so glad it’s long gone lol.

But the furniture thing has made me never want to give Graal money again, or really even play. When I was looking for a game (exactly like Graal), the man tbjnf I was searching for was the ability to decorate your house however you please. Now that furniture that I’ve literally spent hundreds on furniture. (okay, over the years it’s racked up to around $2k+).
Is a massive slap in the face and honestly, I’m disgusted that they would treat their community this way instead of actually fixing anything. I hate the guild limit, but I don’t play enough anymore because there’s nothing interesting enough for me to do in game to make it worth my time anyhow. This game is seriously a Shell of its former self, even with great new content being added. At its core, everything is ever loved about this game has been ruined.

Long story short, they destroyed the one thing that really drew me to the game all those years ago, and I can’t bear to waste more than an hour a month on it. I’m sure plenty of people are glad I’m gone though lol

Colin 11-29-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ivy (Post 821774)
I’m sure plenty of people are glad I’m gone though lol

You’re right

anyway the furniture thing does suck, too bad they can’t see the dates you bought the furniture so people who bought before the nerf/duping glitches were out could sell but nothing we can do about it I guess

Basi 11-29-2018 01:00 PM

Theres no point in arguing that one tileset is better than another, some of us prefer the old one, some of us prefer the new one. The End.

The other issues however I think are still crippling

BrandonGraal 11-29-2018 02:42 PM

I dont really care about any of this, ik it bothers a bunch of people.. but one of the worst things is what they did to towering and pkin. You warp out of the tower every second if theres a lot of people. They made it where u can pk 1 person 3 times then it doesnt count for the next awhile. Seems pretty pointless for me to pk, impossible to pk at least in the morning or later at night.(Eastern Standered Time/ EST). Ive been tryna to get into pk, but Ive gave up on it.

Phenalix 11-29-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 821782)
Ione of the worst things is what they did to towering and pkin. You warp out of the tower every second if theres a lot of people. They made it where u can pk 1 person 3 times then it doesnt count for the next awhile. Seems pretty pointless for me to pk, impossible to pk at least in the morning or later at night.

yeah man what's the point if you killed the him/her 3 times and and your pk doesnt count, youre right its nonsense to do, its so unfair that they did it, it'll be okay for me if they dont count idle players instead of killing a pker 3 times and no count, thats why graalonline will die soon, they make bad updates and they don't even see the someone's opinion.

Sir Travis 11-29-2018 03:04 PM

The furniture resale nerf? Pretty sure that isn’t forever, just a band aid fix to stop the hemorrhage, would be nice to hear some news on that though from an official

I like the new tile set though... but I never played much till iOS classic arrived

TyVERT 11-29-2018 03:18 PM

How about there is no reward for towering in classic, That destroys the motivation to tower. The admins on iclassic are trying to freshen up the game but are failing and they need to listen to their community. (thats from what i see)

Basi 11-29-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 821782)
I dont really care about any of this, ik it bothers a bunch of people.. but one of the worst things is what they did to towering and pkin. You warp out of the tower every second if theres a lot of people. They made it where u can pk 1 person 3 times then it doesnt count for the next awhile. Seems pretty pointless for me to pk, impossible to pk at least in the morning or later at night.(Eastern Standered Time/ EST). Ive been tryna to get into pk, but Ive gave up on it.

I actually forgot about that. I could probably make a whole new list including things like

1. PKs not counting
2. Brazilian Invasion (lack of seperate servers)
3. Broken Railroad, images, sprites, npcs.
4. No point in Towering
5. Tokens suck

Crono 11-29-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 821768)
Are we talking about these cliffs? In the image i sent below.

If so, I'd have to disagree on that, Infact imo they are way more realistic looking and detailed then our current cliffs and look a bit more lively, Though i'm sure people will have their own opinions on this regardless. I just like it more then our current one since it looks more rocky and rough, and seems more detailed and looks like an actual cliff, Our current one is fine i guess but looks more like just plain dirt then an actual rocky cliff, Though i would make a few tiny edits on it admittedly, Yet again as i said before people will vary on opinions on these things when it comes to tilesets.

im going to quote this whenever the devs want to spend time polishing stuff because i feel this is the average graalian nowadays. completely tasteless

Fulgore 11-29-2018 04:19 PM

If I had to pick things I'd say gutting the competitive side of the game hurt pretty bad.

The planning of the NGS was the cause of removal of some features and changes like towering and towering hats, but the old features were removed way too early given how long it's taking to fully implement this system.

The lack of any kind of incentive to do any competitive activities on the game outside of GST 4 times a year has impacted a lot of that part of the playerbase, and while it's understandable that the top staff of this game should care way more about the people doing nothing but buying hats and furniture, it's still a frustrating direction because it isn't hard to give the competitive side of the game at least something as a sign of good faith.

Sun* 11-29-2018 06:36 PM

I never understood the issue with « Brazilian invasion »

Eugeen 11-29-2018 06:45 PM

This thread basically covers most of my reasons for quitting.

They keep making everything more expensive to buy but keep nerfing methods to obtain gralats while also making the items people own worth less by giving you back even less than what they were previously worth (furniture/upload tokens/bugs/diving/etc).

Then there's also this constant fear that everything you own in-game might dissapear at anytime due to things like:
- Random bugs
- Being banned for stupid reasons or by admins their mistakes
- Talking about, playing, or working for other games
- Saying anything negative about the game

I obviously have a softspot for graal and still like it to a certain degree but the negatives outweigh the positives which honestly just sucks because, like many others, I've spent a lot of time and money on the game

Basi 11-29-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Sun* (Post 821797)
I never understood the issue with « Brazilian invasion »

to be god honest with you, in the time since graal was like the #1 app in brazil, i had attempted to find some new players to befriend and recruit. By new players i mean people still on Balamb. Searching for days, weeks, months, i dont think i found a single english speaking person. a majority are from brazil, then youve got other south american countries as well.

i dont care that theyre here. i care that theyre all i can find.

playing graal feels the same as when i download a shady chinese game for my phone and im the only english speaker online

Colin 11-29-2018 08:25 PM

There’s thousands of English speaking players - they dominate both the towering scene and sparring, and populate all major areas of the map, I feel like you’re just over complaining/exaggerating at this point.

Why would you just sit at Balamb and be weirded out by not seeing “English people”? Anyone with half a brain is out of that place in minutes, horrible place to look for new people.