Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Slow Down? Anyone know what this is? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40887)

Rusix 09-18-2018 04:14 AM

Slow Down? Anyone know what this is?

1 Attachment(s)
You get this odd message when clicking things it seems, I've gotten this message when clicking on all my gralats when farming to see all their values. But if you do it often you will get this message. I've asked Jarace, He doesn't know what it means. Same as other admins.

I dont know entirely at all what it means, Slow down what exactly? Pressing gralat values? Also dont understand the symbol as it looks like a blurry trophy looking thing. Anyone know what this is and can spread some light on what exactly it is?

4-Lom 09-18-2018 05:36 AM

It's a band aid fix for a large problem.

Rusix 09-18-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 818515)
It's a band aid fix for a large problem.

Well i see that's nothing new with graals method of fixing problems. By any chance you know what it is trying to fix at all? I'm not sure why this message appears to begin with. As far as i know it come when you click a lot of gralats to see their value, Dont know what the issue of that would be

SomeGuy 09-18-2018 06:57 AM

It might be to do with lag.

4-Lom 09-18-2018 07:07 AM

There are two times I get this warning in-game. One is when I'm deleting furniture (manually, because the stupid restore button takes 10-20 minutes to cooldown and let you place furniture again). The other time I get it is if I switch my boots on and off really fast, repeatedly, for like a minute or two.

Suggests that it has to do with the server catching up to the client, and some kind of communication cap that has been put in place to avoid lag creating weirdness.

ZedFox 09-18-2018 08:53 AM

It used to say slow down for tapping profiles too fast, but now it just displays the reconnect screen and warps you to angel clan.

Tensor 09-18-2018 10:44 AM

It will be used it for stop duplicating furnitures.✌

Eugeen 09-18-2018 05:31 PM

Seems like it's a mechanic to prevent people from spamming packets/requests to the server which in turn should slightly help against server lag.
Of course it can also serve as a mechanic to prevent bugs from happening since you can't spam those packets/requests anymore so there should be less of a chance for the server to mess up

Fulgore 09-20-2018 05:10 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 818512)
Also dont understand the symbol as it looks like a blurry trophy looking thing.

you mean an exclamation point....

Rusix 09-20-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Fulgore (Post 818613)
you mean an exclamation point....

I suppose, I see more a trophy looking thing, But i can see how you get an extremely fat looking exlamation point