Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Walling, bad thing to do in sparring? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41086)

Phenalix 11-28-2018 02:52 PM

Walling, bad thing to do in sparring?

Most of the sparrers complain about walling, most of them say "waller noob" or something insulting and offending words, I wonder why they hate (and me too) it? Lol sorry if I'm being innocent here lol

Saeed 11-28-2018 04:19 PM

You do what you want and spar however you want, just turn off your public chat.
To this day I get experienced sparers crying because of my delay (which is something I can’t help) it doesn’t matter if you wall or not they will always find an excuse for their lost.
But, to be honest I don’t like players that walls either. That applies to all sparers I would say, nobody enjoys sparring a player that walls. It wouldn’t help you improve either. (Walling and playing defensive are two different things) The ones who decide to talk trash about it in public chat are just angry because they lost. Anyways, just because most sparers find walling not enjoyable to spar against it doesn’t mean we lose to wallers. I usually find them easy, you just need to be more patient with them.
But if you find sparring while walling is fun for you then go ahead it doesn’t really matter.

Rusix 11-28-2018 07:14 PM

Like Saeed said, Do Spar and spar how you wan't. You shouldn't care if others don't like how you spar. Like Saeed also said people will find excuses for why they lost, Even if it was impossible to wall they'd still find a way to make it happen. While walling can be a good strategy for limiting the amount of directions you can be attacked and forming counters if you know what direction they will attack in, It suffers downsides given it is more easier to predict what someone who walls will move to or do.

There is advantages and disadvantages to everything in spar, For every strong point there is a weak point. Walling is no different. If you want to use the area around you for advantages then do it, In the end whether you do it or not people will find excuses. Spar how you like and what you feel will help you and make you more likely to win. Regardless of the excuses they make why they lost, Just don't cheat with godmode hacks or speed hacks or anything like that for obvious reasons.

4-Lom 11-29-2018 02:18 AM

Like people who suicide when they PK...

In more general terms it's called 'Laming' (Lame-ing) and it's frowned upon.

Rusix 11-29-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 821763)
Like people who suicide when they PK...

In more general terms it's called 'Laming' (Lame-ing) and it's frowned upon.

Can you explain more what Laming means? I'm not a good Pker(Or a Pker at all for that matter), I googled the term Laming and i'm pretty sure none of this makes sense in terms of what's going on in graal. Got stuff like to make something lame and other stuff..
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...iz.pEOVWDOJylg

4-Lom 11-29-2018 06:26 PM

*koff koff*

Eugeen 11-29-2018 06:54 PM

Walling seems like a method which would be considered no-honor since you're trying to cheese your way through the match compared to normally sparring which would be more fun for both players involved

Fulgore 11-29-2018 06:58 PM

wall if you want, at the end of the day the good players win and the bad ones lose, there are ways to play against it so it just changes the way the spar goes, nothing drastically different

BrandonGraal 11-29-2018 07:44 PM

Walling is about Patience, If you got Patience.. I believe you can win most of the spars you play. The best sparrer in the game, Sarah walls and gets high streaks everytime(which u could just complain about her delay) but she didn't care to wait 5 minutes every spar, She was Patient and went for wins, nothing less. I don't exactly like 5 minute spars personally, but whenever I wanna win, Ill be patient and run a lil.

Rusix 11-29-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by BrandonGraal (Post 821808)
Walling is about patients, If you got patients.. I believe you can win most of the spars you play. The best sparrer in the game, Sarah walls and gets high streaks everytime(which u could just complain about her delay) but she didn't care to wait 5 minutes every spar, She was patient and went for wins, nothing less. I don't exactly like 5 minute spars personally, but whenever I wanna win, Ill be patient and run a lil.

I think you mean patience? Because if i had an army of patients to fight for me i'd be recruiting patients left and right,The benefits of being a doctor is more then just a paycheck...

Jokes aside, I agree. Though I rarely spar since it bores the hell outta me and I got more entertaining games, The few times I sparred Sarah she did wall and corner. But regardless i don't hold it against her she can spar as she likes I couldn't care less if she spars in the corner 24/7, The way i see it she is just trying to be efficient like how
hunter takes advantage of their area, Of course you could also say that as well since i also delay is why she did, Though i see her wall in most spars i witnessed. Really it just comes down to in spar what you value, If you want to be as efficient and take every advantage you can get as possible then do whatever, If you want to be more "Honorable" then don't, Just know they could against you. Because in the end regardless of if you wall or not, They will find ways to cut you down and make excuses, Walling or not.

Thallen 11-29-2018 11:18 PM

It's not a good way to spar and the only way you would ever need to do it is because you have a high ping or because you believe the person you're against is just better than you

Westbrook Graal 12-02-2018 02:08 PM

wallers in spar are unskilled idiots incapable of winning any other way imo. just a cheap tactic for people desperate to win, there are plenty of other ways to win in spar that don't involve running or hugging the wall/corner.

either way, most people don't care. spar however you have fun. if hugging a wall for 5 minute spars at a time is your way of having fun then go for it

Raeven 12-03-2018 01:01 AM

only time walling is okay is against kiki xd