Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A possible solution to help lower hackers in Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40417)

Rusix 05-06-2018 01:16 AM

A possible solution to help lower hackers in Classic

I've been noticing a lot of hackers in classic( I mean seriously who hasn't with 774 and XYZ if that is his name) according to one of them from what I'm told today, basically everything they do is switching gani so using grab can turn you invisible or whatever they want. But they seem to get these from the graal files that can be found on any device really. Same way Ifilers do it. Except they go somewhere else in the files?

So why not do what Graal Era does and remove the ability for players to go into the files without being banned? Era has done it so it is completely possible to implement. plus upon stopping classic hackers from getting what a file name is of whatnot without getting banned. It also stops Ifilers as a bonus, I don't see any valid reason why you'd need to go into the files to begin with. This wouldnt stop hackers entirely, but it would help lower it significantly

DoubleliftGraal 05-06-2018 01:26 AM

The game's washed up. What would getting rid of a few stupid hackers do? That just decreases the population of the game and contributes essentially nothing to the game itself lol. Besides it's hacks used for towering, not towards sparring, events, or whatever. These hackers do not know a damn thing about spar or PK or events(most likely) and even if some of them did, they almost never use those hacks for such things, just for showoff.

Reggie* 05-06-2018 01:39 AM

Although a wonderful solution...which most likely works (ifilers stopping)...it will not stop.
Hackers do not stop...and if they do, it is because we have stopped paying attention.

Most people crave attention..it is a physical or psychological need that is wanted by Humans. Ignore it, it goes away...ignore your little sibling they eventually stop...Get it?
this game is a bowl of candy...the attention being the candy, the hacker being the child craving the candy. Feed the menace, the menace grows. It is simple.

Rusix 05-06-2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 811353)
Although a wonderful solution...which most likely works (ifilers stopping)...it will not stop.
Hackers do not stop...and if they do, it is because we have stopped paying attention.

Most people crave attention..it is a physical or psychological need that is wanted by Humans. Ignore it, it goes away...ignore your little sibling they eventually stop...Get it?
this game is a bowl of candy...the attention being the candy, the hacker being the child craving the candy. Feed the menace, the menace grows. It is simple.

Somewhat confusing example which I don't entirely think applies as you just cannot expect people to not be aware and say something about the guy turning into a spaceship. As I said it would not entirely stop hackers, It would however make it more difficult to hack. Especially through Gani's because it could ban them.

If classic made it so files don't download on your device until you're verified with 100 hours or something. then it would be difficult to get the file. You couldn't just create a alt, because you need to be verified plus have the hours. If you did it when had these it will get you banned. On a plus side it would do away with Ifilers entirely so you could always keep any customs you make safe.

Either way you look at it, This would be a highly beneficial thing to be added. It not only stops or significantly reduces what hackers can do and the frequency in terms of Gani's. But it also completely stops Ifilers. And so on, which then they can start trying to focus on other areas that can be hacked like if they are speed hacking, so if their frame rate goes up too high or their character moves too fast it can ban them.

Yonce 05-06-2018 03:03 AM

lets write them a polite letter and ask them to please stop <3

Master Shredder 05-06-2018 04:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 811349)
I've been noticing a lot of hackers in classic( I mean seriously who hasn't with 774 and XYZ if that is his name) according to one of them from what I'm told today, basically everything they do is switching gani so using grab can turn you invisible or whatever they want. But they seem to get these from the graal files that can be found on any device really. Same way Ifilers do it. Except they go somewhere else in the files?

So why not do what Graal Era does and remove the ability for players to go into the files without being banned? Era has done it so it is completely possible to implement. plus upon stopping classic hackers from getting what a file name is of whatnot without getting banned. It also stops Ifilers as a bonus, I don't see any valid reason why you'd need to go into the files to begin with. This wouldnt stop hackers entirely, but it would help lower it significantly

that doesn't stop ifilers. the files are on a read only file system on iOS the app cannot have the server jail you for copying the files. it wouldn't stop ifilers through android or iOS. plus I think I'd like the right to have access to these files without consequences since the app is downloading server data involuntarily. and what about the players who edit their file new for personal self uploads only they can see lol

Rusix 05-06-2018 05:36 AM

Quote:

Posted by Master Shredder (Post 811371)
that doesn't stop ifilers. the files are on a read only file system on iOS the app cannot have the server jail you for copying the files. it wouldn't stop ifilers through android or iOS. plus I think I'd like the right to have access to these files without consequences since the app is downloading server data involuntarily. and what about the players who edit their file new for personal self uploads only they can see lol

It's been done on era. It is completely possible to do. Era bans you if you try to ifile or get a file or so on. If the system was on classic it would do just the same. Not sure by what you mean it wouldn't stop ifilers when such A system has proved to stop ifilers very well. A lot of these things are files you really shouldn't need to access to or need to have. I mean there is just no real reason why you should be needing to fetch several file images or gani names unless you're trying to either steal others heads or bodies or use a gani name to hack. And it isn't involuntarily at all. You literally decide if they even download at all directly to your device from your in-game settings..If you wanted to for any reason see what a pair of customs would look like or a head there is an entire thing called Custom viewers in graaldepot. And if you need your own file for a head or whatnot. You would already have it because you're the maker of it.

Raeven 05-06-2018 05:51 AM

lol ifiling in era doesnt do sh*t

Jarace 05-06-2018 04:58 PM

They already have the file names of the ganis (and this wouldn't stop them from memory editing), so it's too little too late. Even if we blocked them from viewing the files of iClassic's apps, they could go to the files of the playerworld client and get ganis from there, since a lot of them are shared between servers.

Reggie* 05-06-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 811427)
They already have the file names of the ganis (and this wouldn't stop them from memory editing), so it's too little too late. Even if we blocked them from viewing the files of iClassic's apps, they could go to the files of the playerworld client and get ganis from there, since a lot of them are shared between servers.

So then what can we do? Banning them doesn't work, they make new accounts. Ximithie or someone even showed it on their Youtube. You can't stop them...which is a problem...but then again...the entertainment is great...besides the part where if we don't stop them they will continue, but if we do they will also continue..

Kamaeru 05-06-2018 05:46 PM

This game should be on Nintendo Switch or something instead of iphone which is a declining platform that no one in my personal or work life who I interact with ever even owns one.

Yonce 05-06-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kamaeru (Post 811436)
This game should be on Nintendo Switch or something instead of iphone which is a declining platform that no one in my personal or work life who I interact with ever even owns one.

im just a highschool student but i dont know a single person that doesnt not own an iphone or android. however... i dont know anyone that owns a switch

Jarace 05-06-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 811434)
So then what can we do? Banning them doesn't work, they make new accounts. Ximithie or someone even showed it on their Youtube. You can't stop them...which is a problem...but then again...the entertainment is great...besides the part where if we don't stop them they will continue, but if we do they will also continue..

That question would be better asked of a developer, but I'm aware of a few methods which I won't disclose in case they are pursued. However, as far as I know gani hacking has been around since long before iClassic. Take that as you will.

Speaking from the GP side, we'll continue to ban them regardless of how often they come back. Making new accounts takes them considerably longer than it takes us to get rid of them, and I think they're starting to realize that given I rarely see them anymore.

Westbrook Graal 05-06-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 811434)

Let's not try to pin stuff on "hackers" breaking rules when u and ur friend ricardo lux PMed me my IP to try and scare me. I have screenshot proof

Kamaeru 05-06-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Yonce (Post 811437)
i dont know a single person that doesnt not own an iphone

Yeah, I don't know anyone who owns one either.