Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did you end up in graal? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39523)

Joshua_P2P 08-14-2017 07:16 AM

How did you end up in graal?

So looking through the forums and reading more and more about the future of Graal and everyone's thoughts on it... I thought I'd take a step backwards and ask everyone how they found out about Graal and make up part of what the community is today.

Myself, I came across Graal purely by chance. In 2010 I had just gotten my first iPod Touch for Christmas. I wasn't really sure what games there was and I went through game after game that I really didn't care about. (Rock Band, Sims, Spongebob Diner Dash, etc.) Eventually I downloaded this app called "Freed Apps" I merely deduced from the name that "Hey!? This must be free apps" and so it was. I spent night after night scrolling through the lists really not liking any of the apps i saw... until... That fateful day GraalOnline Classic showed up. At first I was like "eh this is probably a boring game" I downloaded it out of sheer curiosity and here I am 7 years later still playing and supporting a game that got me through most of my childhood.

If I'm being honest I actually wonder where I would be today if I never found GraalOnline on the app store.... (probably at least $700 richer xD)

Shmegg 08-14-2017 08:36 AM

Friend recommendation.

Crono 08-14-2017 09:00 AM

year was 2000

flash games were popular

found one that claimed to be "like zelda but multiplayer"

Jared9 08-14-2017 09:06 AM

deep searching on the appstore in like 2010

Ariona13 08-14-2017 03:10 PM

My friend in 4th grade recommended it to me.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Thallen 08-14-2017 03:31 PM

searching for games that worked well on a 56k connection

Busuioc 08-14-2017 03:58 PM

some friend from another game told me about ol' west so i got into graal itself lol

G Fatal 08-14-2017 04:21 PM

Was actually round about when Classic first released, I used to check for new games as never really stuck to one game that much, happened to see it and thought I’d give a try... Walked around trying to kill players abit then asked what there was to do on Graal to a player.. He took me to Battle Arena spar and helped out abit telling me all the controls etc(that was pretty simple anyway-but nice from him to say about it) he basically said after that, this is where they play 1vs1 and that’s about it.

So kept around and played PKWars(Clan in name)-killing lmao with Snow Assassins not sure if they were same as *the snow assassins but anyways it was fun..

I’m not sure if forts came before swamp or not hmm as I remember going to swamp spar around same time forts was about so guess maybe already there? and helped a guild called Fataalll(or something like that aha) they had big group of players and seemed really good, suggested they go for Forts as I thought they would do really well and the rest is history. :’)

Fysez 08-14-2017 07:10 PM

Wanted to get into role playing, a friend online told me about Valikorlia on Graal so I played back before it was totally dead.
I stopped playing shortly after, then rejoined again when Classic first came out on iOS

iHot 08-14-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by G Fatal (Post 793016)
Was actually round about when Classic first released, I used to check for new games as never really stuck to one game that much, happened to see it and thought I’d give a try... Walked around trying to kill players abit then asked what there was to do on Graal to a player.. He took me to Battle Arena spar and helped out abit telling me all the controls etc(that was pretty simple anyway-but nice from him to say about it) he basically said after that, this is where they play 1vs1 and that’s about it.

So kept around and played PKWars(Clan in name)-killing lmao with Snow Assassins not sure if they were same as *the snow assassins but anyways it was fun..

I’m not sure if forts came before swamp or not hmm as I remember going to swamp spar around same time forts was about so guess maybe already there? and helped a guild called Fataalll(or something like that aha) they had big group of players and seemed really good, suggested they go for Forts as I thought they would do really well and the rest is history. :’)

I remember the Snow Assassins I have their 1k Guild Hat along with Venus Gospel's 1k Guild Hat. I don't remember doing much for either guild just since Venus got their hat for 1k, Azrael opened Revolution for us to buy the hat real quickly and then removed the hat and opened it up for everyone else to celebrate the achievement. I believe PULSE was the first guild to ever reach 1k fort hours. Those were the days :,(

Quote:

Posted by Fysez (Post 793024)
Wanted to get into role playing, a friend online told me about Valikorlia on Graal so I played back before it was totally dead.
I stopped playing shortly after, then rejoined again when Classic first came out on iOS

Valikorlia was always dead but for some reason I really enjoyed it. It felt like what Graal SHOULD be rather than what it was on the iphones.

Liz 08-14-2017 09:55 PM

I was scrolling through different games on the App Store. I downloaded around 20 apps and just went through them all, deleting them after I played a bit of each. Graal survived the purge because I thought the customization was fun.

KristenGW 08-14-2017 10:53 PM

I saw an ad on a different app and the ad, not at all for Graal, for some reason had GraalClassic+ on an iphone, which was the focus of the ad

Eugeen 08-14-2017 11:32 PM

Used to search for mmo's a lot and came across a newly released app which was graalonline classic.

Pretty much figured everything out in the game on my own and was a lead in Fatal's guild called The Snow Assassins which I ended up getting a 1k hat with.
It was a lot of fun to base back in the day, probably just because I was younger though, I find the game quite boring nowadays and a waste of time hence why I haven't been on it in quite a while

HamStarr 08-14-2017 11:51 PM

i picked it up like a dead squirrel off the side of a road

Seth Reed 08-14-2017 11:54 PM

Genius Apps. I think it was some sort of app recommendation thing that used to be on the App Store that went off stuff already on your device/history. Went through it one day, and found Graal. Looked like a Zelda game, so I had to play it. Been playing iClassic ever since.