Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zone Squad Centre (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   [Payne]: The Sparring Squad (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21103)

Tunder 08-30-2013 08:31 PM

[Payne]: The Sparring Squad

Description ----------------------------------------

Payne is iZone's top sparring squad; it accepts members on a tryouts only basis.

The primary purpose of Payne is to establish a strong team for any future squad spar tournaments, but we also communicate internally about all matters regarding PvP and sparring. The members discuss things like gun balance, sparring techniques, and the state of PvP in the server. Membership in Payne is a worthwhile achievement for any iZone sparrer.

Since Payne is not a planet squad, members aren't required to participate actively on a daily basis most of the time. The only exception is before spar tournaments, at which time members are expected to be active and attend practices.

Payne is owned by Dragun. Current members include: Elvis, Funk, Nyte, Tunder, K., Duke, Rotaruc, Vince, SupremeRuler, xAero, Yusei

Tryouts --------------------------------------------

To join Payne, you must challenge one of the tryout hosts to a best of 5 series. Essentially, this means if you are the first to 3 wins, you pass. If you win, you're added to the squad (certain rules against things like excessive lagging might disqualify you, however).

If you lose, you must wait 3 days before attempting another tryout. If no hosts are online but you would like to request a tryout, you may post a request in this thread and I'll arrange one.

In the future, members may have to defend their position in the squad by passing another test -- this prevents inactive members from remaining and keeps the quality of the sparrers within the squad high.

For a detailed description of the tryout process, send a message to Elvis. His ship contains a room dedicated to the squad which has signs describing the rules of Payne tryouts.

Current tryout hosts: Elvis, Tunder, Funk, Vince, K. (Kronik)

We've had many tryouts already but hope people will continue to practice and tryout so that we can keep the iZone sparring community healthy and competitive, and so that we'll have the strongest SST teams possible!

News -----------------------------------------------

Quote:

[9/21/13] Congrats to Yusei for winning the Vibe spar tournament!

[9/2/13] Right now Elvis is in the middle of hosting a spar tournament for his squad Vibe. We're using the tournament to find a new member for Payne! You can follow the progress at this link: www.challonge.com/graalzonespartourney

If you're participating in the tournament and both you and your opponent are online, you can message any of the Payne tryout hosts or Dragun to witness your match. The first to 5 wins progresses to the next round. We're still in the middle of round 1 and it will likely last a few days up to a week.

Rotaruc 08-30-2013 09:21 PM

Great :o I was not tld about this but I'm more than happy to be part of it already haha. GL to everyone who tries out and if u are nee to zone or zone sparring and need help just go to FAQs and Guides and look for either Thunders or my sparring guide.

fUnK 08-31-2013 01:11 AM

We will also hold 1 vs 1 spar tournaments within the squad for fun every so often.

DraGun 09-01-2013 05:41 AM

I planned on adding a future update to the squad. There will be a squad spar tournament (held only for Payne members). It is simple, the members who participates in the 1v1 tournament will be entered and have a chance at winning some prizes, such as iTunes card or Gralat packs. This is something I'd like to do to show you guys my appreciation. Hopefully I can set this up and get it going as soon as possible. Any further details, please feel free to Pm Nyte, Elvis, Tunder, Funk, K. (Kronik) or you can also check our squad news.

Lord* 09-01-2013 10:07 PM

Oooh pik me i pro at spar i beet you 10:1

Tunder 09-03-2013 05:18 AM

Right now Elvis is in the middle of hosting a spar tournament for his squad Vibe. We're using the tournament to find a new member for Payne! You can follow the progress at this link: www.challonge.com/graalzonespartourney

If you're participating in the tournament and both you and your opponent are online, you can message any of the Payne tryout hosts or Dragun to witness your match. The first to 5 wins progresses to the next round. We're still in the middle of round 1.

R o g u e 09-05-2013 03:39 AM

Can I join I beat Tunder before like 3 times.I got proof I got his doll.

Tunder 09-05-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Posted by ReBorn (Post 407151)
Can I join I beat Tunder before like 3 times.I got proof I got his doll.

I can host your tryout :P

Stocke 09-05-2013 09:58 AM

Squad that only spars? Boring.

Rotaruc 09-05-2013 02:07 PM

It's not like they wake up, spar, then sleep. Lol I'm sure they hangout spar nd are closer to eachother now cuz its like a family. There isn't much to do on zone anyway so zone is boring itself xd

fsh 09-08-2013 12:02 AM

Payne is allied with Vibe, and just about everyone in Vibe are super harassive lol