Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   An Honest Review of Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31929)

Skt A. Sangue 10-24-2015 04:16 PM

An Honest Review of Zone

Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 624950)
You all wonder why we don't use these forums. Just a bunch of trolls that haven't played the server in a long time. Posting false information about the server. Forums mods here do nothing about any of the post so pointless to even use these forums anymore.

Challenge Accepted Since I'm The Most Active Zonian On Graalians.

Zone is my favorite server. Not because it's the most advanced server, and not because we have the most things. We rarely get some valuable updates, and when we do get some- it's rarely something that we actually want. Some things are done well, ie Halloween. Other things are ignorant like crazy, such as how they refuse to do some holidays. They also promote Christianity with a church with a cross. Back to actual updates though, our monthly VIP items do not come monthly. Yet they expect us to be happy that we get any at all, quoting that era gets them per season. I've seen people get banned over finding a glitch, while others literally get staff rewards for helping. It's a bias system, especially since they do not give normal bans. They make you mine rocks which is unfair because some people do not have time for that, and the amount you have to mine to be free depends on the staff.

The tileset still needs work and while I like the colours, there are many issues such as trees in random areas, the white borders over the edges of the curves, and the trash bins that will become invisible because, why not?

As for the staff, I love the Zone Patrol. All of them are really open minded and I can actually talk to them like humans without being worried. I can message them during events and it would be gucci.

The higher up staff are highly ignorant, assuming less is more. When given input they ridicule you however constantly point out to give input in the forums.

Staff on zone don't even get freedom of expression, they are forced into having a * in their names.

As for guns, it's very unbalanced. Anything that can be reflected by a ripper is rarely used by those who have been used to the game, and at that point it's all about where you are to determine which of the 4 op guns to use.

Certain guns also are ridiculous such as the ice canon and the goonadier which can ruin your day in a matter of seconds if you are trying to base or streak.

Melees are even worse, unlike era which has a ton of options, we have at tops 13 possible ones to use. There are more, some in many variations, but they do under than 6 dmg. Out of the few that do substantial damage, the sabre and the alien dualblade are the only ones worth using for practical purposes.

We have more events and we are set up for player run events; ie spring and iricia; but it's pretty boring if no one attacks, and it's usually rigged because people only attack if they know they have a chance at winning, and people that join and aren't in the two original squads join the majority.

Basing is fun but zone has so many issues with it. Many squads just keep making new squads after 1k, making basing boring when you only see the same people basing constantly.

Sparring is skill required but many times the rooms are empty.

The overall players are more entertaining, at least for me, because many times we satire over zone itself.

Money is honestly useless. ZC is useless once you realize there's only so much to buy, and gralats are the same since almost everything can be bought with ZC. Even though there are many ways to get gralats, the ways are much harder than other servers.

The devs are also ignorant in this department since they say that they do not interfere with trading, yet try to promote buying graalium for trades.

Is it a fun game? yes. Do i dislike most of it? yes.

Also as a side note I made a 1k squad hat for sangue... disapproved for being too underdetailed. Like my squad, my hat. I originaly just wanted it to be a black square.

#ZoneShouldTurnToCommunism

Also no shade, but tash tries to insult you if you have another opinion. There is no gray with him, you're either right or wrong, and he does not say apologies to anybody he may have insulted.

SouthernZombie* 10-24-2015 04:20 PM

Zone is just boring an broken.

imSupah 10-24-2015 05:15 PM

Honestly, I liked Zone back when it was released. I used to play but got bored. That was when JWD was manager. Matt took over and I played a little there as well but was not feeling the pk vibe and the playercount was awfully low. Fast foward to where Tashkin was the manager and it was actually going somewhere. It was fun when they changed Skyworld where they had streets and the skybases. It was the medium size map. But changing Skyworld over and over again, not balancing guns correctly, lack of updates and the graphics just made me dislike it as a whole. Zone can do so much better but how can it when the manager calls us trolls and say the mods don't do their job correctly? Arrogant will not get you places. At times Tashkin, their are other ways rather than insulting you know?

KristenGW 10-24-2015 07:20 PM

I tried zone once when i was just starting graal classic, but it was too confusing as to how to get started so i never played again... :)

but I'm glad that you people enjoy it!!

Livid 10-24-2015 08:05 PM

The players on zone are spoiled, some of them I wont name get things from admins due to their play time and or their relationships with them such as free hats,zc,items, and more.
Its a broken game that needs proper people leading it than rather it going on as if nothing is wrong.

Alexmo 10-24-2015 10:34 PM

Funny thing I got zone accidentally

PumaD 10-24-2015 10:41 PM

Jwd was cool but had to quit, sadly. Matt was and still is a ******, no comment there. Tashkin actually started pretty good and straightheaded but he choose the wrong decision way too often. Sure, saying this I might have the one or the other grain of salt over my keyboard because he pissed me off often aswell (nowadays I only throw random, meaningless comments towards him), but yea.
When I used to be Tashkins buttbuddy he was pretty cool and never looked arrogant/ignorant/whatsoever. I guess, Graals toxic scheme got ahold of him.

Tashkin 10-24-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 625424)
Jwd was cool but had to quit, sadly. Matt was and still is a ******, no comment there. Tashkin actually started pretty good and straightheaded but he choose the wrong decision way too often. Sure, saying this I might have the one or the other grain of salt over my keyboard because he pissed me off often aswell (nowadays I only throw random, meaningless comments towards him), but yea.
When I used to be Tashkins buttbuddy he was pretty cool and never looked arrogant/ignorant/whatsoever. I guess, Graals toxic scheme got ahold of him.

You can still be my buddy.

PumaD 10-24-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 625435)

It's moreover that I generally don't give a crap about anyone on Graal anymore, free roaming only now but sure, why not. (Though it's not you that I really dislike on Zone but some other ******s.)
Eventually I will get staff on Zone again and bring a new playercount of 1500 players with me. :blush:

Skt A. Sangue 10-24-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tashkin (Post 625435)

Can we be buddies? You know I'm just trolling to annoy people D; TASH LOVE ME

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 625437)
It's moreover that I generally don't give a crap about anyone on Graal anymore, free roaming only now but sure, why not. (Though it's not you that I really dislike on Zone but some other ******s.)
Eventually I will get staff on Zone again and bring a new playercount of 1500 players with me. :blush:

Can you do that today? 800 and they will "open holiday shop". 1000 and "give us a free gun".

PumaD 10-24-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Skt A. Sangue (Post 625438)

Can you do that today? 800 and they will "open holiday shop". 1000 and "give us a free gun".

I don't even know the current PC of Zone. Whenever they made the account identification needed in order to post using the ingame-forums, I deleted that app and never re-installed it. Except once, to troll PD.

What's its current PC?

Tashkin 10-24-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Skt A. Sangue (Post 625438)

We can be buddies to yes.

Skt A. Sangue 10-24-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by PumaD (Post 625440)
I don't even know the current PC of Zone. Whenever they made the account identification needed in order to post using the ingame-forums, I deleted that app and never re-installed it. Except once, to troll PD.

What's its current PC?

I've never been on during American nights but the average low I've seen is around 200. Average high is around 500.

It honestly makes me sad... I say all these poop things about zone, which are true, but Zone is still IMO the fun server. Because of the player count it's almost boring since you seldom see anyone new.

I can walk to any person and chances are I've seen them before.

PumaD 10-25-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Posted by Skt A. Sangue (Post 625444)
I've never been on during American nights but the average low I've seen is around 200. Average high is around 500.

It honestly makes me sad... I say all these poop things about zone, which are true, but Zone is still IMO the fun server. Because of the player count it's almost boring since you seldom see anyone new.

I can walk to any person and chances are I've seen them before.

Even though low playercounts limit a lot of stuff, I like lower ones more. You'll have a real community instead of hundred of inbred people thrown together.

Skyzer 10-25-2015 12:24 AM

Not good; old Zone was better.