Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Thread: Editting Memory String False Positive (for head, body imgs) (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41995)

Symmasolan 08-30-2020 10:08 PM

Thread: Editting Memory String False Positive (for head, body imgs)

What this thread IS:
You believe you were falsely jailed for grabbing an NPC in an old level that set one of your graphics to something you don't own, which meant that the anti-hack checks assumed you were hacking your player graphics in some way.
This is a serious thread. Please keep actual conversation to a bare minimum and instead use it as a short term appeal forum, as is the intention.
Knowing the rules of Graalians (not to discuss jails/bans), this thread is NOT going to be a normal occurrence or solution in the future. This is a one-off thing due to issues that are described below, and other threads will still be moderated and responded to accordingly.

WHAT THIS THREAD IS NOT:
A place to dispute an entirely unrelated jailing or ban from the topic.
If you were jailed for hacking on an alt, I don't care. This is not the place for that, and knowing the system back and front I know it wasn't your little brother. Submit a ticket.
================================================== ===========

NOTE:
If you haven't already, submit a ticket using the support system.
If you haven't done that already, you will be ignored here until you do.

How to appeal IN THIS THREAD:
1 If possible, submit a screenshot of the NPC you interacted with that set your graphics to something you do not own.
Otherwise, describe the area you were in (EX. how to get there or which area of the map you were in) to the greatest detail you can so that I can attempt to locate the NPC.
2 If you are responded to in this thread, I will DM you asking for your account ID. If you DM me about something related to this thread and I have not responded to you on this thread, you will be ignored until such point that I do respond.

I would ask that you be patient after posting, as manually reviewing a bunch of accounts this way is tedious and takes time.
I will likely only be able to spend one day a week going through this thread and reviewing responses, especially if it suddenly explodes with 30+ responses or people responding for their friends who cannot access Graalians.

I am personally doing this for a limited amount of people for a short period of time because I discovered the heart of the issue this afternoon, and the log file related to the issue is gargantuan. Far too large to process manually (it's 152mb, plain text). Just because you post here does not mean you will get the results you're looking for. This is especially true if you are posting a month or more from right now (8/30/2020).
PLEASE do not ping me in the Graalians discord about this issue. Just respond in this thread. Nowhere else.
This is not going to become a thing that happens after this. This issue is a 1-off because it could possibly have effected a multitude of players and just going through the normal log file is nigh-impossible.

If you flat out berate or insult myself or the Ol'West staff team in a response, please know ahead of time that I am a human being too.

Drakey 08-31-2020 08:48 AM

Believe that they were falsely jailed? I’m pretty sure they know. And what’s the point of submitting a ticket if nothing happens despite the staff team on west knowing about the problem? (I’m not trying to be disrespectful towards you) But sometimes it’s not from npcs, it can be from saying random in the public chat. I can recall being jailed for the editing strings for saying, “random” and a raccoon head appeared along with a jail.

LwMark 09-06-2020 08:45 PM

I just found d I was nailed for 10k hours for hacking and what happen was I spammed the meow noice my cat mount t makes an it automatically mails u I'm waiting g to get out

Symmasolan 09-10-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by LwMark (Post 831239)
I just found d I was nailed for 10k hours for hacking and what happen was I spammed the meow noice my cat mount t makes an it automatically mails u I'm waiting g to get out

This is unrelated to the thread. Please submit a ticket and they'll handle it from there.