Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Plans to bring back old items? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41265)

Wolfie 02-17-2019 08:04 AM

Plans to bring back old items?

Does the staff/admins have any plans in mind to bring back a few old items?
Old items such as Snowstorm, 2012 Black Panda, Black Turtle, old hats in shops, etc.
I'm asking this because of course, these are the items I want, but in general, are there any plans to bring some items back? What I listed are just examples.

Garutias 02-17-2019 09:03 AM

well they might, since they have been bringing back some old hats, even as far back as 2009 in stores and presents they have brought back things from revolution and old nexus, but In my honest opinion i doubt they'd bring back some of those items you have mentioned like the Black Panda.

But nothing is impossible.

Crono 02-19-2019 11:57 AM

they really shouldn't and i hope they stop doing it. time has always been a big factor with graal but that's kind of ruined if old things are recycled.

Eugeen 02-19-2019 01:03 PM

Rereleasing items is kind of a big “f you” to players if it hasn’t been stated that they would be rereleased since the beginning.
Most of us spent extra time, effort and money just to get items within the time periods of them being available knowing they’d be seen less and be kind of rare in the future, this played a big part as to why people have spent way more money on graal than they would’ve normally, exclusivity.

So yeah it’s just kind of stupid if games rerelease things, people should just accept they missed out on things and keep in mind that the things they have now will be more special in the future aswell.

Howl 02-19-2019 03:21 PM

this is more of a general feedback post, but here goes

can think of two reasons why they'd bring back items:

a) the team is incredibly understaffed with untrained members who can't create a set quota of items, hats, whatever in time so management decides to bring back older items to compensate.

b) upper management is trying to suck out as much money as they can out of a sinking ship. essentially coaxing players into believing certain items won't ever come back, creating a rush to buy said items, and then bringing them back a few years later to gain even more profit and create the same physiological effect in player's heads.

give the game two years - it will lose all its previously loyal players due to ****ty policies like this. competing games have and will take over - this is inevitable. graal is an old game. now it's just a matter of wisely spending resources and perhaps paying staff instead of relying on volunteers that, for the most part, create sub par content that can in no way compete/hold its ground against other games.

adding on to that - what's with all the censorship graal has that regard other games? it's so petty. can't think of a single other company that does this. its parrarel to the social climate and censorship that occurred in the USSR, lol.

stop ruining the game more than it has already been ruined. be original and think creatively when making hats. if it comes to it, remake stuff that has been poorly made in the past and resell the new version.

perhaps from now on there can be a section or label, as eugene suggested, that indicates a hat is limited/special edition.

it is not hard to think of new ideas.

a unified style is desperately needed with the newer updates, many games nowadays require staff to match a certain style - why can't graal? it gives the artist experience with certain art styles. while unique styles are good, it heavily damages the aesthetic and 'magic' of the updates that they used to have.

hopefully graal 3d provides something new and exciting, although my hopes aren't high

Crono 02-19-2019 03:34 PM

i dont really think its a huge deal, but it does kind of **** on the history side of the game. it makes it seem like the people releasing content dont have respect for that.

Heeble 02-19-2019 04:06 PM

I think they should utilize an ingame gambling item. It will hand out old hats that have been converted to accessories, food items, hats, and 4+ year old furniture. Because there isn't "a way to hand distribute accessories", why not rerelease content instead of accepting player submissions/having the gfx team make a few.

It's not like us old players actually value or are attached to these items.

Btw whoever converted the goggles managed to
1) not save it as a 32-bit png
2) managed to make the misalignment the original goggles had even worse on the accessory

BrandonGraal 02-19-2019 05:21 PM

I'm sure its hard to keep creating new things considering theres been 1000's of hats made. I'd understand if they wanted to renew hats, but then again creativity is endless!

Crono 02-19-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 824421)
I think they should utilize an ingame gambling item. It will hand out old hats that have been converted to accessories

no.

MisterFace 02-20-2019 12:48 AM

absolutely not. If they bring old items back, how am I gonna flex on these noobs?

K4Y 02-21-2019 08:20 PM

They should not do this. Stupid idea. Idems have rarity

SomeGuy 02-21-2019 09:52 PM

This is a great idea, until one of the items that you already own from back in 2013 appears in onnet, and you see some shmuck with 500 hours walking around the burger joint wearing your really rare hat that you thought was cool to wear because of its rarity.

Do you know why people buy brands like Supreme?
Its because theyre rare, one of a kind. Terrible quality but rare, which makes you seem cool if youre wearing it. If supreme start mass producing their ****ty products then those that already own it will be pretty pissed off.

Rusix 02-22-2019 01:00 AM

I don't see anything bad with letting newer players have our older stuff, I have some really old stuff on my account that I've had for ages since 2011 or so, I wouldn't care if some newer player who only has like 40 hours got my stuff I been holding onto, After all what does it really matter? It's mainly hats, It's nothing important. It's not like these "Rare" hats are even worth anything. After all many games do very similar things by releasing old content and items and it works out for the better.

4-Lom 02-22-2019 03:03 AM

Sounds like a cry for trade tables, to me.

Hats & mounts, anyway. Would be a start.

Wolfie 02-22-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 824443)
Sounds like a cry for trade tables, to me.

Hats & mounts, anyway. Would be a start.

Trading on Classic... Doubt that'll ever happen, so I'd never ask for it.
Bringing back some really, really old items that has only been sold once 8-9 years ago though, is possible because it has been done before