Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Zone (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Beginner Base (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34201)

PigParty 02-14-2016 10:50 AM

Beginner Base

I know some seem to severely disagree with this. However, I think a base that requires you to be in a squad with less than 100 hours is a good idea. This will help beginner squads that don't have the same 30 hat chasers moving from one squad to another once they get 1k, or the hat chasers who pretend they're going for 5k but never do. The idea of this is to force a base like MoD from Classic.

Many people's argument against this is that the hat chasers will use this base to get to 100 hours quicker for their new squad. They might, but because only 100 hours or less squads can enter, there will be a fair amount of competition. I would actually expect that they would mostly leave the base alone and go for the easy ones like Spring where they don't have to even be there and still get tower time. This will help beginner squads get that boost to get their name out there and start their guild up. Gold Adelphos and I have gotten our guild to 1k on iZone and trust me... it's hard. There obviously should be a struggle, but iZone's system is set up so poorly that it favors the hat chasers. We literally have a base that you attack once for 1 minute and then you get tower time 24/7 without having to be there at all.

The Begnner base would aso act as MoD from classic, as I said, in the sense that it could hopefully end up becoming the PK center of iZone, just as MoD is the PK center of Classic. Anyone who knows MoD from Classic knows that, sure, some "pro" guilds take it, but they havet compete with plenty of beginner guilds, plus PKers. It's not easy. Often times all that competition leads to a smaller guild getting it and keeping it, or the base owner gets changed every 2 minutes. Both outcomes are good.

GenoIndeed 02-14-2016 12:34 PM

Idk why anyone thought making less bases was gonna help out newer players, unless you have a solid squad you wont have the base for long

PigParty 02-14-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by GenoIndeed (Post 671789)
Idk why anyone thought making less bases was gonna help out newer players, unless you have a solid squad you wont have the base for long

Zone had way too many bases, that's why. The problem is Zone's bases aren't good. Bases like spring only benefit the hat chasers, and encourage them. We don't need more bases, that's for sure; but we need better bases.

GenoIndeed 02-14-2016 02:59 PM

Thats what i liked about the old skybases, they usually were owned by new squads and pro squads never really messed with them in most cases

PigParty 02-14-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by GenoIndeed (Post 671838)
Thats what i liked about the old skybases, they usually were owned by new squads and pro squads never really messed with them in most cases

Problem was it only gave 1/4 minute per minute. That didn't help startup guilds very much.

G Fatal 02-14-2016 04:18 PM

The point of less bases was to create more competition, not to help beginners. Personally still think the basing system is a mess on zone they should stick with like 4bases (based on poll ingame of best base the other bases etc get scrapped/changed into a different guild activity with ldrbd maybe)

Its shame to see how zone is (the game itself wasfairly good) I think its changed alot with gun nerfs buffs etc and the point of overall thinking more is better..thats not always the case and wasn't really thought through imo could have spaced stuff out and also had better update of it than just dishing everything into being another base.

Lambda 02-14-2016 04:19 PM

Play Era, absolutely now new gangs can even last against the generic well known squads, you can't help it, hat chasers be hat chasers, they complete a 1k, thier leader starts a new squad, they join and repeat, newbies is powering newbies squad, and those newbies doesn't bother with planets, most go Gem or Sky

GenoIndeed 02-14-2016 05:13 PM

As of now, theres no bases for new players, aries might be the closest one tho. I think more bases would help, and re-working the bases we have now (horrible designs imo) would also help. And most importantly, we need things to get people to start basing and continue to do so, 1k hats will only take us so far.

TWIZ 02-15-2016 04:07 AM

Maybe there could be 4 tiers of bases; 1) less than 100 hours, 2) less than 1000 hours, and 3) less than 5000 hours, and then 4) any amount of hours

Each tier could contain two or three, bases. The skybases could be tier 4, planetary bases contain the other three tiers. Competition promotion!!!

GenoIndeed 02-15-2016 04:16 AM

That sounds pretty cool

Gitaz 02-15-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by TWIZ (Post 672149)
Maybe there could be 4 tiers of bases; 1) less than 100 hours, 2) less than 1000 hours, and 3) less than 5000 hours, and then 4) any amount of hours

Each tier could contain two or three, bases. The skybases could be tier 4, planetary bases contain the other three tiers. Competition promotion!!!

Not a good idea, do like classic and shave down the amount of bases you have and make the ones you have left, top quality.

TWIZ 02-15-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Gitaz (Post 672407)
Not a good idea, do like classic and shave down the amount of bases you have and make the ones you have left, top quality.

Yeah, that probably was a bad idea lol.

GenoIndeed 02-16-2016 12:45 AM

Basing is basing, its gonna get competitive regardless, cutting things down to a few bases just takes the fun out of it

PigParty 02-16-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by GenoIndeed (Post 672492)
Basing is basing, its gonna get competitive regardless, cutting things down to a few bases just takes the fun out of it

I disagree. Some people think there should be a lot less bases, though, which is a terrible idea. The idea is not just to make it harder for the 'pro' guilds (hat chasers) but to also get new basers to join the basing community. Making more bases will possibly get new basers, but it will only enforce & encourage the hat chasers because then they could get 1k even faster with more bases, inevitably making them even bigger, quicker, and stronger, which could eventually backfire on any new squads. It's not a good system to have more bases than needed. Zone needs a few, quality bases.

TWIZ 02-16-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 672521)
I disagree. Some people think there should be a lot less bases, though, which is a terrible idea. The idea is not just to make it harder for the 'pro' guilds (hat chasers) but to also get new basers to join the basing community. Making more bases will possibly get new basers, but it will only enforce & encourage the hat chasers because then they could get 1k even faster with more bases, inevitably making them even bigger, quicker, and stronger, which could eventually backfire on any new squads. It's not a good system to have more bases than needed. Zone needs a few, quality bases.

I agree, there's always that magic number when it comes to bases, but as you said, quality is also a heavy factor.