Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic FAQs and Guides (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Classic Uploading Guide (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40291)

4-Lom 06-05-2018 08:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 813113)
The door you showed me above is too large and covers the entirety of the player's body. If I recall correctly, the waterfall had the same issue but was also ripped directly from the files, as you said.
The stalls aren't allowed if they cover all of the player's body.

If you see any that break this rule let me know and they will be removed, though it's entirely possible they pre-date the uploading system.

I don't want to argue with you on this very useful thread, but the door shield clearly doesn't cover the body... Attachment 25652

When compared to, say, any of the 'bigshield' style shields, this is pretty minor coverage...
Attachment 25653
This shot, of course, is a shield on the default set of in-game shields.

The waterfall I had done used the colors from the game, but was drawn by hand and not matching the current in-game waterfalls though it was designed to fit the tileset.

As to reporting shields... Do you report a player wearing the shield or the shield code itself?

Jarace 06-05-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 813115)
Having a slightly hard time understanding and Yes I see the idea with the chair.

Love the idea. Love making it into a furniture..except for the fact that we have to wait 6 months.

My idea with the shield is making it small enough to where is passes everything and then we use walls to cover the rest (Like we originally did before it was deleted.).

Here is what I did

That shield will still be denied for being a direct rip from the tileset. We don't allow stuff based on the tileset either so if the door was the exact same size as a tileset door, I would still consider it based on the tileset.

I don't know how long it would take to get the furniture added somewhere, if it was made. But we shouldn't be allowing furniture as shields. I've contacted 4-Lom about this and asked for a list furniture items he would like to see, and anyone else is welcome to message me here with a similar list. I'll bring the suggestions to the appropriate people and see if they are interested in creating them. Sound good?

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 813133)
I don't want to argue with you on this very useful thread, but the door shield clearly doesn't cover the body... Attachment 25652

When compared to, say, any of the 'bigshield' style shields, this is pretty minor coverage...
Attachment 25653
This shot, of course, is a shield on the default set of in-game shields.

The waterfall I had done used the colors from the game, but was drawn by hand and not matching the current in-game waterfalls though it was designed to fit the tileset.

As to reporting shields... Do you report a player wearing the shield or the shield code itself?

My mistake, it must have been a different waterfall shield that I'm thinking of. I also thought the side views of that door covered the entirety of the player, but I made that mistake when looking at the file in your post. Thanks for correcting me.

Reggie* 06-06-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 813151)
That shield will still be denied for being a direct rip from the tileset. We don't allow stuff based on the tileset either so if the door was the exact same size as a tileset door, I would still consider it based on the tileset.

I don't know how long it would take to get the furniture added somewhere, if it was made. But we shouldn't be allowing furniture as shields. I've contacted 4-Lom about this and asked for a list furniture items he would like to see, and anyone else is welcome to message me here with a similar list. I'll bring the suggestions to the appropriate people and see if they are interested in creating them. Sound good?

My mistake, it must have been a different waterfall shield that I'm thinking of. I also thought the side views of that door covered the entirety of the player, but I made that mistake when looking at the file in your post. Thanks for correcting me.

I can edit the door. Or have someone else do it. But my main thing was getting a door shield through. I also wish to go into gun shields.

Classic is a Medieval type of game. Correct? Or the like "Classic" style.
Yet there has been a gaming nexus, a space nexus,as well as a techno
new years shop starting 2018 and military shop. Now
I have no clue why they were deleted. I assumed because its more "Era" like yet
we now have a military shop hat has cam back for the second time.
If possible, I would love a reason for their deletion.

Jarace 06-06-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 813160)
I can edit the door. Or have someone else do it. But my main thing was getting a door shield through. I also wish to go into gun shields.

Classic is a Medieval type of game. Correct? Or the like "Classic" style.
Yet there has been a gaming nexus, a space nexus,as well as a techno
new years shop starting 2018 and military shop. Now
I have no clue why they were deleted. I assumed because its more "Era" like yet
we now have a military shop hat has cam back for the second time.
If possible, I would love a reason for their deletion.

The rule long precedes my time as Classic staff, and has been around since staff approved shields using the email. Classic currently has a very low recommended age (4+ I believe?), and guns aren't appropriate for that rating. There were also concerns about it clashing with the theme on Classic.

I see your point about the space station and retro gaming nexus, but this rule is not going anywhere.

Reggie* 06-06-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 813189)
The rule long precedes my time as Classic staff, and has been around since staff approved shields using the email. Classic currently has a very low recommended age (4+ I believe?), and guns aren't appropriate for that rating. There were also concerns about it clashing with the theme on Classic.

I see your point about the space station and retro gaming nexus, but this rule is not going anywhere.

8-9+ but I understand. Perhaps one day it can be changed. But I guess not for now
Also do you know there is a gun shield currently out?

Jarace 06-07-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 813194)
8-9+ but I understand. Perhaps one day it can be changed. But I guess not for now

There are a few that can't be removed, but if it's a newer one we should be able to get it. I think I forgot to include this previously, but if there's a shield that breaks the rules, it is easiest for me if you message me the shield code. If you don't have it, try to report someone wearing it.

Rusix 06-07-2018 03:43 AM

Honestly, The entire thing of the theme makes sense.....Well despite classic constantly messing up the theme like mentioned above with the Nexus things and whatnot. But I don't see why gun shields wouldn't be allowed because of low age rating...Then why do we have swords,Bomb, and arrows? I mean. Getting chopped up by a sword, At least in my honest opinion is WAY more violent than guns. Despite being way more violent to go stab and cut enemies up.. And bombs being bombs. And whatnot. Like I get what you're saying, But just seems like classic is starting to be a bit counterintuitive. I Also don't see why Classic has such a low age rating. No one in graal is probably 4...and even if it is they shouldn't be saying "Check out Era and zone in Menu and Ol west in Big city"

4-Lom 06-07-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie* (Post 813194)

I know of a few :)

Jarace 06-08-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 809122)
No shields that act as in-game items or tiles.
Spoiler
For shields that are taken from the tileset or another server image, or shields that are clearly based on one of these things. Balloons are not allowed (we have balloons) for this reason, as an example. Same goes for military banners. For the time being, no more banner or flag shields will be approved, but old ones will be allowed to stay. This will change at some point in the future.

We've added this denial reason to clarify our stance on things like the furniture shields, as well as stuff like banners, flags and balloons that we have items for in-game.

4-Lom 06-09-2018 02:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Jarace (Post 813291)
We've added this denial reason to clarify our stance on things like the furniture shields, as well as stuff like banners and balloons that we have items for in-game.

Why not make a template for actual custom banners?

Weeno 06-09-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 813083)
After 4 years of having a shield that people have been using as a door in conjunction with a statue (seeing as though furniture objects have not been supplied to make such an item usable in designs) some one has decided to delete it.

I've drawn up the attached shield, which looks like a door and functions as a shield.
What rules does this break and how can it be made acceptable?

Attachment 25646

Holy moly that’s how Those admin wannabes got those fancy doors

Rusix 06-09-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 813295)
Why not make a template for actual custom banners?

Custom banners would be nice.

Saeed 07-25-2018 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The shield+body i’m currently wearing used to be a custom body upload for some players. Which means the tie with the body used to be one body, then my friend told me that few months ago or before that his body was removed with no refund or anything like that. The player is the leader of the guild No ap and his name is Shax>/3 (NO AP)
Why this body isn’t allowed? The tie isn’t really a shield and if you guys are counting it as a shield then would you not agree that a lot of similar custom bodies shouldn’t be allowed either? Please review this :)
Is there a possibility that the removal of the body was a mistake and this custom body is allowed?

Mashboyellis 07-25-2018 05:28 PM

Bow-ties are accepted on bodies and as shields with the current uploading rules. I am unsure why your friend's body was refunded, it may have been for another reason.

Jarace 07-25-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 815940)
The shield+body i’m currently wearing used to be a custom body upload for some players. Which means the tie with the body used to be one body, then my friend told me that few months ago or before that his body was removed with no refund or anything like that. The player is the leader of the guild No ap and his name is Shax>/3 (NO AP)
Why this body isn’t allowed? The tie isn’t really a shield and if you guys are counting it as a shield then would you not agree that a lot of similar custom bodies shouldn’t be allowed either? Please review this :)
Is there a possibility that the removal of the body was a mistake and this custom body is allowed?

I checked to see if the body was broken, but it doesn't seem to be there so that isn't the issue. Maybe he received upload tokens and didn't notice?