Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   On a scale of 1-10 how fugged is the economy of graal? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42079)

SomeGuy 12-28-2020 01:51 PM

On a scale of 1-10 how fugged is the economy of graal?

A basset hound costs seven grand, while one single dog biscuit costs 300.

That means that one basset hound is worth twenty three dog biscuits.

Lets assume that the 300 gralat dog biscuits are pretty good quality stuff. At Wilko, we can buy a Bakers meaty twist for 0.625 pence. This means twenty three dog biscuits in graal is equivalent to slightly over 14 quid.

Can you buy dogs in real life for 14 pounds? I don’t think so.
The admins need to massively up the price of the pets to ensure graal retains some amount of realism.

McCullough 12-28-2020 03:42 PM

Graal has always had a weird system where hats, accessories, bodies, heads, mounts, morphs, bomb and arrow skins, and furniture have always been overpriced to crap... For some reason two-player mounts are skyrocketed into six digit prices.

Except for food. Food has always been anywhere from like 30g to 300g. The biscuits are actually the most expensive food item I've ever seen. You'd think it would make some sense for food to be cheap, but there's literally no reason for it to be. All it does is heal health if you have an appropriate AP number, whereas pets actually have happiness and energy statistics and all that.

I always thought it was hilarious to see hats above 5k gralats. It's even funnier seeing a bunch of kids at auctions spending their parent's credit card to auction hundreds of thousands of gralats for those hats.

A lot of things in this game are purely cosmetic because there isn't any effort to improve competitive stuffs. The pets are useless and nobody should really spend 7k on them if I'm being realistic enough for you. The fact that they actually have these statistics and their price tag is actually under 15k is really surprising.

4-Lom 12-28-2020 07:58 PM

*waits for dinosaurs and penguins to drop in pet shop.

SomeGuy 12-28-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 832112)
*waits for dinosaurs and penguins to drop in pet shop.

Welcome to jurassic park babaaaaayyyy

Crono 12-29-2020 01:26 AM

really bad

everything is paywalled (and yes im aware you can make gralats without spending money, but that's a massive unfun grind on a game thats inherently not designed for that kind of "gameplay")

GOAT 12-30-2020 03:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 832108)
A basset hound costs seven grand, while one single dog biscuit costs 300.

That means that one basset hound is worth twenty three dog biscuits.

Lets assume that the 300 gralat dog biscuits are pretty good quality stuff. At Wilko, we can buy a Bakers meaty twist for 0.625 pence. This means twenty three dog biscuits in graal is equivalent to slightly over 14 quid.

Can you buy dogs in real life for 14 pounds? I don’t think so.
The admins need to massively up the price of the pets to ensure graal retains some amount of realism.

No young one they need to drastically reduce the prize of a dog biscuit.

SomeGuy 12-30-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 832117)
No young one they need to drastically reduce the prize of a dog biscuit.

Now that is just absurd.

Tyrannis 12-30-2020 11:01 AM

What economy?

Sawyer 12-30-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tyrannis (Post 832124)
What economy?

Right there isn't an economy because you can't trade with other players. At least back in the day people would come to your house and farm for you lol.

4-Lom 12-30-2020 06:01 PM

We had a decent enough economy with food sales. I made over 3 million gralats, never scammed anyone even once.

Now there's ...an auction house. I can't vouch for the usefulness of that as it's impossible for me to submit anything for sale to date.

GOAT 12-31-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by SomeGuy (Post 832122)
Now that is just absurd.

I underestimated you :blush: