Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Archery Ideas (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42058)

Reggie7711 12-01-2020 04:51 AM

Archery Ideas

I know many people are going to think that there should be different parts of Graal that should have more focus of updating rather than archery, but I think archery needs more love and should be a bigger part of the game. Some ideas that I have would be to make it so the 9800 score is able to be passed. Just make it so if another person gets 9800 it would replace the person who currently had it. With that aspect in mind I think the person who has that position at the end of the season would receive a trophy, that way there is more prizes for archery, even after you receive the bow upgrade and the hat. Feel free to add any ideas you may have or some opinions on my ideas. I just thought this would be another thing to give Graal some more things to do.

McCullough 12-01-2020 10:54 AM

They would have to revamp the scoring system a tad to make it go over 9800, as that's what the max is. The best anyone can do is tie 9800 points with the current high-score holder, which isn't possible to beat. New rewards? Obviously a new bow. Mounts, accessories, or morphs could find their way into it.

Dusty 12-01-2020 02:56 PM

I've had plans on the backburner for a long time to rescript it from scratch and have it clientside for smoothness and make it so you can continue scoring until you miss but just haven't had the time.

Reemas 12-01-2020 11:25 PM

I’d love to use purchased bows and arrow skins

Reggie7711 12-02-2020 05:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by McCullough (Post 831896)
They would have to revamp the scoring system a tad to make it go over 9800, as that's what the max is. The best anyone can do is tie 9800 points with the current high-score holder, which isn't possible to beat. New rewards? Obviously a new bow. Mounts, accessories, or morphs could find their way into it.

I was just thinking they could make it so if you tied it then it would replace the current record holder.

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 831897)
I've had plans on the backburner for a long time to rescript it from scratch and have it clientside for smoothness and make it so you can continue scoring until you miss but just haven't had the time.

Glad to hear it’s at least been thought of, but you would still have to keep the arrow limit, because lots of people are really good at archery so it could take them awhile to miss causing some crazy high scores.

The chances of someone hitting 200 straight bullseyes is a lot lower than around 30 tho, so I think it would be a great idea.

Dusty 12-02-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Reggie7711 (Post 831905)
Glad to hear it’s at least been thought of, but you would still have to keep the arrow limit, because lots of people are really good at archery so it could take them awhile to miss causing some crazy high scores.

The chances of someone hitting 200 straight bullseyes is a lot lower than around 30 tho, so I think it would be a great idea.

Well can't have it both ways. If there are a finite amount of arrows then there will always be a maximum score.

Reggie7711 12-03-2020 01:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Dusty (Post 831908)
Well can't have it both ways. If there are a finite amount of arrows then there will always be a maximum score.

Fair enough, but if you have an infinite amount of arrows, at some point it would have to be so you have to only get bullseyes to continue or have it as only bullseyes to begin with.

4-Lom 12-03-2020 02:08 PM

Game modes, my dudes.

Timer mode - most bull's-eye in a 2 minute count
Limited quiver mode - 50 arrows, preferably with chickens flapping around and interfering.
Endless mode - shoot until you've missed 3 targets.

Could put one mode each in a separate room.

GOAT 12-05-2020 08:44 PM

Two words
Archery Battle
Let players battle each other and add them to the statistics. You queue just like spar and go at it.