Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lag blocking entrances (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40792)

Saeed 08-16-2018 04:09 PM

Lag blocking entrances

There has always been players who intentionally lag blocks entrances in towers. This mostly happens in mod tower.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...96/unknown.png
As you can see in the picture above there is this guy with the smiley head who frequently lag blocks (or however he does it ) the entrance to the flag room in mod tower. I assume his accounts gets banned for it however, this doesn't stop him from doing it over and over again on alt accounts. I'm sure some of the GP team became familiar with this guy. Today morning there was no admin online so we had to wait around 20 minutes not be able to access mod till AJ came online.
Therefore this is what I suggest to be implemented to stop these type of players who intentionally blocks the flag room entrance while they're un-hittable wither it's caused by lag or hack. Players who don't move inside the towers for several seconds should get a warning similar to the warning you get when you're inside a house. However, if the player don't respond to the warning he should get warped to the spawn room. (this shouldn't happen if the player is afk inside the spawn room) This would be a good fix if they block the entrances using lag. If not, I don't really know what to suggest to stop them from doing it.

Bryan* 08-16-2018 04:24 PM

Seen that moron plenty of times, hence why I PK at other forts nowadays. They really need to fix this issue with the NGS releasing.

Zorma Knight 08-16-2018 04:28 PM

^Or just bring back the wide stairs cuz it was helpful so that ppl can stop blocking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saeed 08-16-2018 06:22 PM

From what I remember in box fort they won’t be able to block the flag room entrances since they’re wide and there is no stairs ir a narrow path like the current mod and swamp town. The fix I suggested is for the current towers. But, the problem with the new towers will be the few small paths (they don’t lead to the flag room but they will slow attackers down if they got-lag blocked) What I suggested isn’t really a perfect suggestion since it will have some down sides. It will depend on the time it takes for the player to get warped tho. Yet, it’s still not really a perfect fix.

Rusix 08-17-2018 12:42 AM

Not entirely lagging, I know what he is doing. It really has nothing to do with lag at all.

All he is doing is playing on an Android device, Once he finds a place he wants to remain and block he will swipe down at the top of his screen and pull down the notification tab and remain doing that for really however long he pleases or gets warped. There isn't really anything devs can do to fix this as they can't entirely stop what pulling down the notification bar does or atleast i assume not as this was a method people use to cheat in things like the snake event. But i'm for what Zorma Knight said, Making bigger entrances would make this extremely more difficult

Bryan* 08-17-2018 02:55 PM

Dusty or Fp4 (take a look)

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn’t matter how many times you ban this moron, he always comes back to lag block which prevents both attackers and defenders from getting to the flag room.

4-Lom 08-18-2018 03:00 AM

He's clearly doing the community a favor trying to make this fair for everyone by highlighting how stupidly broken it is (and has been forever). Just like they used to do at sardon's. Now the door is 3 tall instead of 1. Good on you, ya smiley faced noob.

Raeven 08-18-2018 03:20 AM

minimum requirement of 200 kills to enter

twilit 08-20-2018 11:37 PM

Not a bad idea.

Agonee 08-20-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Raeven (Post 816947)
minimum requirement of 200 kills to enter

Instead of kills maybe a 5-10hours requirement to enter towers, this would also lower a lot hackers.

Chuli Skotos 08-20-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Agonee (Post 817085)
Instead of kills maybe a 5-10hours requirement to enter towers, this would also lower a lot hackers.

This is what they had before. For castle tower you needed at least like 300 baddie kills I think? And Sardon needed like 700 or 1k pks. Something Like that. But you get the point. They had it before, they can always put it again.

Saeed 08-21-2018 12:26 AM

Just like how Fp4 made it a requirement for you to have an identified account to enter guilds. The same should apply to enter towers in addition to a minimum of 10 hours. It's probably a better idea than the one I suggested in the original post.

Edit: In box fort you wasn't able to enter towers without having tag on? So why not do it to all towers this mean instead of scripting a code to disable unidentified accounts from entering towers, they can just disable players with no tag to enter towers since you have to be identified to get recruited into a tag anyways. In addition to the minimum hours suggestion I would say.

twilit 08-21-2018 12:47 AM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 817088)
Just like how Fp4 made it a requirement for you to have an identified account to enter guilds. The same should apply to enter towers in addition to a minimum of 10 hours. It's probably a better idea than the one I suggested in the original post.

Also not a bad idea.

Quote:

Edit: In box fort you wasn't able to enter towers without having tag on? So why not do it to all towers.
Bad idea. This rule used to exist at some towers before the rule was remove a long time ago. Guildless pkers should have equal rights to enter towers. It also helps to be allowed inside the tower to be able to ask to join that guild.

GOAT 08-21-2018 03:04 AM

PKng in towers and Towering is so lame especially in MoD. They should just make people respawn in the flag room at MoD. Like the first day Deadwood tower was released. At least until this NGS thing kicks off

BTW Things MoD PKrs have cried about:
1. horses
2. arrow spam
3. chat blockers
4. lag blockers
what else am i missing?

weak

Colin 08-21-2018 01:29 PM

Yes people complaining about people abusing lag/chat blocking to gain an unfair advantage or just to troll is weak