Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Player Kills Not Counting (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40430)

Strap 05-07-2018 11:50 PM

Player Kills Not Counting

The past week or two I've noticed that (in towers especially) my pks arent counting on my profile. It seems to happen the most when defending agaisnt a group of PKers that continue to come back. It happens also when im PKing Sards a lot. I'm definitely not the only player who's experiencing this, as a lot of my guild members seem to complain about it often. I've mentioned it to a few admins who weren't so much help. Someone told me it seems to happen to them when they kill the same person in a tower over and over, who keeps coming back to attack. Its quite frustrating and I cant seem to fix the problem.

Anyone else having the same issues, and if so do you have any suggestions?

Thallen 05-08-2018 12:04 AM

Were there a ton of people attacking?

McCullough 05-08-2018 12:05 AM

I guess there's an algorithm that stops pks of the same person or people that you kill over and over. When I'm randomly pking I'll notice after killing any one person three times in a row it stops counting them as a pk until I kill a few different people.

I also noticed pk streaks are not counting up either. I had to have killed at least 100+ people these past couple days without dying and I still only have a streak of 57. I'd have well over 100 of a streak right now. Pity.

Strap 05-08-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 811523)
Were there a ton of people attacking?

No its mostly when only one or two people are attacking. It stills says you've killed the player, it just doesn't add it to your kills.

Thallen 05-08-2018 12:16 AM

I know that staff disable gaining kills in areas where there are a ton of people. I also know that their account history system automatically flags your account with a "boost alert" if you beat the same player in a spar x number of times (which is dumb). They've probably added something where if you kill the same player in some percentage of your last x kills, it won't count.

Strap 05-08-2018 01:09 AM

Quote:

Posted by Thallen (Post 811526)
I know that staff disable gaining kills in areas where there are a ton of people. I also know that their account history system automatically flags your account with a "boost alert" if you beat the same player in a spar x number of times (which is dumb). They've probably added something where if you kill the same player in some percentage of your last x kills, it won't count.

That bothers me because when youre defending a tower against 2 or 3 PKers and youre not gaining anything from defending it besides fort hours, (which mean nothing)
it gets pointless.

Raeven 05-08-2018 01:19 AM

yes , it doesn't count when you kill the same person thrice or more. it shows you have killed em but does not add up. noticed it after the profile revamp.

Pokki 05-08-2018 02:49 AM

oof

Reggie* 05-08-2018 03:21 AM

When the militaries had their fiestas at york, the pk wouldn't count as kills and I would stop. Made me angry after awhile...didn't know it still happened

Meteor 05-08-2018 07:32 AM

scuffed coding

TeK 05-08-2018 07:44 AM

Doesn’t seem right to punish the better players for murdering the worse ones. Guess if I ever get the urge to PK again I may have to stick with MoD since there’s usually a large variety of people to kill.

Alex R 05-08-2018 08:07 AM

Maybe this is a change planned for use in the new guild system? If it was coming soon I'd say it's smart, as obviously towers would be busier again and the chance of you killing the same person again and again without killing anyone else would be extremely low, and this would also discourage players looking to reap rewards from getting their pks all against the same person(s) in a cave with bushes somewhere.
**im assuming that there will be some sort of new pk system in the ngs with some sort of rewards**
This is actually a good little change, but should have happened years ago when people like raeven were making the most of killing the same person over and over again hundreds if not thousands of times with a bush. Now it's just a hindrance for people in quiet towers

Heeble 05-08-2018 01:33 PM

I have heard from the pond pk community that might be the problem. When a riot happens at the bridge south of Graal City, the pond at Angel Clan no longer counts kills. I wonder if it is just a radius that is disabled or if it's the whole server that is disabled when there is a mob?

Also note that even when this has happened to us at Sards, our seasonal kills still increase for the leaderboards. It's just that the profile stats do not increase.

Rusix 05-08-2018 05:19 PM

This is why we need to purge military guilds. They are ruining the more respected form of activity being PK.

TeK 05-08-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 811551)
I have heard from the pond pk community that might be the problem. When a riot happens at the bridge south of Graal City, the pond at Angel Clan no longer counts kills. I wonder if it is just a radius that is disabled or if it's the whole server that is disabled when there is a mob?

Also note that even when this has happened to us at Sards, our seasonal kills still increase for the leaderboards. It's just that the profile stats do not increase.

Definitely hasn’t been the whole server in the past, and it wouldn’t make any sense to do that now. A mob at the bridge has nothing to do with the people at MoD or Sards, etc