Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Encourage development (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40953)

Distorted_P2P 10-11-2018 08:04 AM

Encourage development

I'd be incorrect if I said Graal's development wasn't easily available with a minimal-learning curve considering I learned how to make animations and level in a few hours. However; I am correct in saying that only a small portion of the community is familiar with the tools. Make guides or link the existing ones in the in-game news, and make the forums known. Younger users are always fixated on becoming Player Relations, most I'm assuming have no idea about the client in general. There's so much potential for endless content that's only being utilized by a fraction of the community.

Emera 10-11-2018 03:39 PM

A lot of us used to make guides and content, and give feedback to players starting out in whatever discipline they were playing with but there's no point when the people up top don't care/look after us. Good will carried the community pretty far but that's faded in recent years.

4-Lom 10-11-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by Emera (Post 819546)
A lot of us used to make guides and content, and give feedback to players starting out in whatever discipline they were playing with but there's no point when the people up top don't care/look after us. Good will carried the community pretty far but that's faded in recent years.

^
This.

YernuMaster 10-11-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Distorted_P2P (Post 819534)
I'd be incorrect if I said Graal's development wasn't easily available with a minimal-learning curve considering I learned how to make animations and level in a few hours. However; I am correct in saying that only a small portion of the community is familiar with the tools. Make guides or link the existing ones in the in-game news, and make the forums known. Younger users are always fixated on becoming Player Relations, most I'm assuming have no idea about the client in general. There's so much potential for endless content that's only being utilized by a fraction of the community.

This would be nice and all, if developing for Graal actually meant something aside from heavier pockets for Toonslab?

Grief Hero 10-12-2018 01:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Emera (Post 819546)

Sums up the game's development scene fairly well.

Ravenous_1337 10-12-2018 01:17 AM

I look at it as, if toonslab care we would have updated Dev tools say the least. I think all online dev tools was even created by players and rc3 that works for Windows 10 as well

Crono 10-14-2018 01:13 PM

Minimal exposure to PC client + dated tools (level editor doesn't work on Windows 10) means less and less developers. The only thing we're really getting is hat makers nowadays.

MysticalDragon 10-14-2018 06:44 PM

I'm constantly streaming dev work on iera/delteria and zone twitch.tv/carlito781 just a fyi