Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Battle arena updates and suggestions (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41452)

Saeed 06-08-2019 02:30 PM

Battle arena updates and suggestions

Since the queue is super long I'm going to write this thread while I wait in-between my spars.
Starting this thread with the new update that took place, there are new hats in the battle arena cave you can buy them by using coins. You get coins by winning in spar.
Hats:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...94/unknown.png
Suggestion to this update:
  1. Make new hats and rotate the hats in this cave frequently.
  2. Just like how there is an 80% chance or whatever the chance is to find a fragment when you win a spar win. It should also be applied to losing a spar but the chance is lower, you lose a fragment or even a coin if you have already converted it into a coin.
    Reason: For professional sparers, it's not hard at all to get all the hats in this cave by just being active. It won't take more than 12 hours in total, you just have to be active. I know this won't workout for the noobs this is why I'm going to list other suggestions below.
  3. Separate the fragments into three types, Golden coins only gained from the main streak room and top streak room (I will explain why somewhere on the thread), silver coins only gained from the streak rooms. (The reason why silver coins will be gained from the side rooms will be listed somewhere below in the thread)
  4. Value the three different types of coins. for example: 50 golden coins or 75 silver coins or 100 bronze coins to get a specific hat.
  5. New:make new commands :coins: :fragments: to check how many you have

Main suggestions for battle arena:
  1. The left side room should be only for beginners. There should be a limit of how many spar wins you have in-order to enter this room. For example if you have more than 1000 spar wins you're not allowed to enter it. The battle arena needs a place for beginners!! This is why bronze coins are gained in this room.
  2. The right side room also needs a limit of how many spar wins you can have for example if you have more than 4000 spar wins you can't enter.
  3. The streak room located on the left side, needs to have a limit of how many spar wins required to enter it. For example, if you have less than 1000 spar wins you can't enter this room. This room is for advanced players, they're always sparring in it. To protect the noobs who don't know that, don't allow them in it. Let them practice in the side rooms and get good first!
  4. Anyone can queue in the top room streak room, noobs needs to be given the option wither they want to start sparring players on their level or straight into the good players. Since there is a lot of advanced players who spars in the top room.
  5. if the queue remains this long, a new room needs to be added. And possibly change the stuff I listed above to add a third type of fragment.
  6. Important: Make a subscription that can be bought using gralats. If bought, the player will have a "goodluck emote"(the player can turn this option off or on) at the start of every match. Another subscription if bought the player will have "goodgame emote" at the end of the spar match (the player can turn this option off or on). Make a new subscription that can be purchased using gralats, when the player gets more than 10 spar wins streak a little firework will appear. Another subscription, when the player gains more than 20 spar wins a lot of firework will appear in the room. Make a new subscription that let the player do a dance or something at the end of the match when he wins inside the ring (Make a little delay when a player wins, he remains in the ring for several seconds till the dance is finished) .These subscriptions will last for the whole season or whatever. Reason: you ca make players purchase gralats in different ways, not just by having them to purchase hats.
I will add new suggestions later. Feel free to give feedback on the suggestions I listed.

Phenalix 06-08-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 826241)
It should also be applied to losing a spar but the chance is lower, you lose a fragment or even a coin if you have already converted it into a coin.

I agree.
They must implement it and lower the chance of getting fragments so players spar more, we all know once we get it, we'll just leave it

Quote:

Value the three different types of coins. for example: 50 golden coins or 75 silver coins or 100 bronze coins to get a specific hat.

Wouldn't it be pointless if they just implement more currencies? That is just like 2500 green gralats or 1 cyan gralat. It might cause more server problems.

Quote:

if the queue remains this long, a new room needs to be added.

Maybe.

GOAT 06-09-2019 02:15 AM

It’s sad that the most “competitive” aspect of iClassic had to be incentivized in order to promote activity.

At least now fulgy will have the courage to spar at 2:00am like he used too :0

I say let it play out and fix it when abuses/problem occur.

They should do it to GS TOO

AND GRAALIANS every time you post you get a chance to receive a rep lol

And what happened to dust not being a fan of multiple currencies?

4-Lom 06-09-2019 03:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 826253)
It’s sad that the most “competitive” aspect of iClassic had to be incentivized in order to promote activity.

At least now fulgy will have the courage to spar at 2:00am like he used too :0

I say let it play out and fix it when abuses/problem occur.

They should do it to GS TOO

AND GRAALIANS every time you post you get a chance to receive a rep lol

And what happened to dust not being a fan of multiple currencies?

The abuse is the quality of those hats.

Almost as bad as some of the stuff at the carnival. Yeesh.

BrandonGraal 06-09-2019 06:24 AM

With all the players in the room, all android players are extremely slow and laggy, same for PC players unless you have a really good PC. I'd like to see a option where everyone is invisable but me and the person I vs. It would help lower lag, bc loading 30-40 players is pretty hard to spar with.. so this gives better running devices a advantage over devices that can't handle the player count

Saeed 06-09-2019 12:43 PM

Make a temporary that will open if there are more than 30 players in both streak rooms.

BrandonGraal 06-09-2019 03:41 PM

make sure its "temporary" because there's enough boosting already.

Saeed 06-09-2019 04:49 PM

Is the spar coin the same as the coin item you get from GST?
If so, why the f/k is it worth 100 coins when it all what it does is flip and there is already a spar item like that lmao

Heeble 06-09-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 826267)
Is the spar coin the same as the coin item you get from GST?
If so, why the f/k is it worth 100 coins when it all what it does is flip and there is already a spar item like that lmao

It is and it isn't lol
It's a more expensive version of the gst coin. (100/5 * 250 = 5000g, gst gifts are 2500) The GST coin is so much better because of the chat command. You don't have to equip it to use it. Anyone who buys the coin is wasting their time and money.

BrandonGraal 06-09-2019 05:50 PM

isn't the coin an entire different thing though? Or is it heads or trails still

Saeed 06-09-2019 06:20 PM

Who knows, we might be wrong and it turns up to be something different lol
Once im home i will spar and buy it. I will do it for the tram

BrandonGraal 06-09-2019 08:25 PM

but I agree with saeed, side rooms should be fixed sure lower plays can spar. Left room under 500 wins, right room under 1000 or 2000. I'm sure you guys have resetted so many people in the side rooms due to boosting in it. Lower class players will have 0 chance to win in the sides due to people with 5000 or 10000wins just slaughtering them over and over.

DoubleliftGraal 06-09-2019 10:40 PM

nice job that admins implemented a system where players are motivated to spar. problem is that the motivation will run out within 2 years.

where are the towering updates tho o:

Thallen 06-10-2019 02:05 AM

Things that I'll suggest:

1.) There should be some type of small multiplier or bonus based on streak length.

2.) If you're releasing new coin shop items periodically, as you should, try to have more variety. A lot of females spar, so feminine options would be nice.

3.) To promote sparring long term, I still think you guys should re-release the old milestone hats (and/or add more). These should be a thing all the way up to 100k, maybe at the intervals of 1k, 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k, and 100k. Players were never told that those hats would be exclusive, and I think they should be brought back so that there are long-term goals. This has received overwhelming support: https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23696

At bare minimum, bring back the hats from old at the same milestones as old. Doing this would create incentivize for a very long time with very little work required.

BrandonGraal 06-10-2019 03:08 AM

bring top 50-100 leaderboard back, The top 100 leaderboard back in the day was the reason I started sparring. Aiming to be on that leaderboard some day, Which I'm sure new comers to the competitive side would love again. I like thallens idea of bringing back the hats for wins for 1k 5k etc.