Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime and Manga (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Dragon Ball Super (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29817)

Kendama 07-06-2015 04:50 PM

Dragon Ball Super

I was surprised upon finding this today, as I had no idea it was planned to be released as early as it was!

Dragon Ball Super EP 1 came out yesterday! It is in japanese obviously, but it has been subbed well for english.

As of now with the limited information we have about what is going on it is hard to tell exactly when in time this is taking place. It is stated definitely after the Buu saga but it appears to be before Battle of Gods. This would make sense except for the fact that Beerus is awake and destroying planets and that would be a major plothole due to the fact Beerus was supposed to be asleep durring that time period.

So it's pretty hard to tell how this ties in with the movies right now, but Beerus and Whis are main characters they just don't seem to have met Goku or Vegeta as of yet. I read online that Toriyama is planning on retelling the whole battle of God story and the movies will be non-cannon. I don't really know if that is the truth but it is what I read.

ANYWAYS, I will link it here so you guys can watch if you have not already. It is planned to come out every Sunday morning in japan- with english subtitles following hours later.

Watch it here.

Colin 07-06-2015 05:00 PM

The description for EP1 is "After Son Goku defeated the dangerous Majin Boo, peace has returned to Earth once again." so

Kendama 07-06-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Colin (Post 588815)
The description for EP1 is "After Son Goku defeated the dangerous Majin Boo, peace has returned to Earth once again." so

Yes, so one would conclude that this is right after the Buu saga. But Beerus was stated multiple times to had been sleeping for (39?) years prior to the Battle of the Gods movie. So the fact that he is awake right now doesn't make sense.

So I think it is 1 of 3 possibilities...

1: I am missing something critical that can only be explained after more episodes come out.

2: Toriyama is retelling the Gods story as an anime instead of movies. He was interviewed at one point and said that he wished he had more time to make the Battle of the Gods story much longer- but the movies hindered that.

3: It is literally just going to be a big ugly plothole.

GlazeyB 07-06-2015 06:21 PM

I'm hoping he does redo them in the series, cause I can't stand the Japan VAs

Santa Claus 07-06-2015 10:57 PM

My Opinion is this where the best place to watch any anime.

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Dragon-Ball-Super
Always has shows right on time and no ads playing. YOu can hide the ads around the screen.

But looks like Lord Beerus will be the evil one in this.

Kendama 07-07-2015 12:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Santa Claus (Post 588918)
My Opinion is this where the best place to watch any anime.

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Dragon-Ball-Super
Always has shows right on time and no ads playing. YOu can hide the ads around the screen.

But looks like Lord Beerus will be the evil one in this.

Thanks for the link, ill check it out next time sunday rolls around.
Yeah apparently its "confirmed" that it will be a retelling of the two new movies, and then another new arc about a much bigger picture.

not really a spoiler but where the plot will go
Spoiler
"“Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Buu story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'” arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I’ve written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They’re fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6! They’ll yell at me if I give away too many spoilers, so I’ll keep the rest a secret, but they’re chasing after giant Super Dragon Balls; I think things will unfold in a bright and simple way, that will be really fun and exciting!

Since it’s another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I’ll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I’m looking forward to this too.

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story. Since I’m the guy who drew the thing, it’s a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). Don’t worry though, it’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!"

Santa Claus 07-07-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Posted by Kendama (Post 588971)
Thanks for the link, ill check it out next time sunday rolls around.
Yeah apparently its "confirmed" that it will be a retelling of the two new movies, and then another new arc about a much bigger picture.

not really a spoiler but where the plot will go
Spoiler
"“Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Buu story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'” arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I’ve written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They’re fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6! They’ll yell at me if I give away too many spoilers, so I’ll keep the rest a secret, but they’re chasing after giant Super Dragon Balls; I think things will unfold in a bright and simple way, that will be really fun and exciting!

Since it’s another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I’ll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I’m looking forward to this too.

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story. Since I’m the guy who drew the thing, it’s a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). Don’t worry though, it’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!"

OH MY GOD U6. That makes it all clear.

I really really hope they bring V brother into this as well to help them out.

In Battle of Gods Bulma ask where Vegeta brother is at and he says he doesnt know where in the universe he is at but I really hope they tag him along. Would be great seeing them fight together.

and other guess is that they will give more of the back story to Jaco which had his own Manga

Cecily 07-07-2015 02:47 AM

never forget teen gohan :(
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z...kv3do1_500.gif

They killed Gohan in Dragon ball GT AND Dragon ball Super

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/e...n_gt_trans.png

who is this nerd... he looks like marge simpson now

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ge_Simpson.png

Wolfie 07-07-2015 02:55 AM

Takes place 2.5 years before BoG and will have 100 ep. It was planned a while ago. It even has a manga right now so ya

wildkeldeo 07-07-2015 04:02 AM

DARGONN BALZ?!

Kendama 07-07-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Wolfie (Post 589021)
Takes place 2.5 years before BoG and will have 100 ep. It was planned a while ago. It even has a manga right now so ya

I also heard if it has good reception Toei will extend it to 200 episodes total, which would be close to matching DBZ (taking away all the filler episodes.)

Either way, the Dragon Ball franchise has been my favorite media since I way young and watching it on Toonami. I love the games (...those parties with like 10 people, where you guys all pick a different character and play in that bracket style tournament by taking turns.. anyone!?) the show, the movies, even the music. I can't help feeling a little bit childish watching this new series after all these years, but I am dating a girl who loves it too so I will turn this into a nerdy intimacy. :D :D

Ash Ketchum 07-12-2015 12:55 PM

Vegeta hasnt even changed one bit

Kendama 07-12-2015 06:06 PM

He puts up with it. That's somthing. He also seems to respect Goku as better than him, which Vegeta always contradicts himself on

Santa Claus 07-20-2015 11:34 PM

I dont understand why they making it like DBZ Battle of Gods didnt happen. unless that is for next week and they make you watch the show and 2 years later they bring him back and start the real story

GlazeyB 07-21-2015 12:13 AM

Super will redo BoG and RoF.