Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Trick or Treat Query (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39857)

J* 10-31-2017 05:24 PM

Trick or Treat Query

Howdy!
Something that has been a bit bothersome lately is the trick or treat "nerf" that basically reduced the amount of candy you get per 'tot' and also increased the amount of shops you needed to stop at before the previous ones would reset, allowing you to go back to them. The latter is mostly fine as it stops people from constantly cycling through Emerald Saloon for an easy candy run, but i can't find a good reason to drop the amount of candy you get from 5 to 3 per 'tot'. Alot of the new items that require candy are pretty darn expensive and you can only realistically get around 1k candy an hour as of how trick or treating currently is. Its actually more efficient to just fish if you are high enough leveled, sell the fish, then just buy candies from other players which seems to defeat the purpose. Last year had a much higher candy yield and less items to spend it on, so is there a real reason as to why the yield is so low now? Or is it some sadistic helmsman trying to make things even more tedious than they need to be? Either way i think increasing the amount of candy you get should be considered. Heck you don't even have to put a flat cap on how much you get, make it rng where you could get 3-7 or something like that.

Sorry for the text-wall!

TomatoPanda 11-01-2017 10:25 AM

Its ol'west the staffs goal is to annoy you while making most money possible they want noobs to buy gralat packs for bbs to buy candy with even tho thw gralat packs make no sense with how the servers economy is tbh gralat pack 3 needs to be 100k lol this isnt classic. Thats the only reason why most people dont buy them cause it doesnt fit the game economy well like it does with the other servers since jobs are ez.

Anyways gl getting it unnerfed with jeff around that wont happen. If this was 2015 west then you could but lets be honest, west doesnt even have a QUALIFIED active developer anymore and the scripter we got doesnt even know the rules to the server. t
The staff knows the games doomed which is why many are leaving and jeffs trying to annoy the crap out of us for fun just wait for delteria or some other game.

Ethacon 11-01-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 800056)
Its ol'west the staffs goal is to annoy you while making most money possible they want noobs to buy gralat packs for bbs to buy candy with even tho thw gralat packs make no sense with how the servers economy is tbh gralat pack 3 needs to be 100k lol this isnt classic. Thats the only reason why most people dont buy them cause it doesnt fit the game economy well like it does with the other servers since jobs are ez.

Anyways gl getting it unnerfed with jeff around that wont happen. If this was 2015 west then you could but lets be honest, west doesnt even have a QUALIFIED active developer anymore and the scripter we got doesnt even know the rules to the server. t
The staff knows the games doomed which is why many are leaving and jeffs trying to annoy the crap out of us for fun just wait for delteria or some other game.

Classic is a lamp and the other servers are spider webs. A new one comes out and everyone goes there for a few days before going back to classic like flies (because it's a lamp). Only a couple thousand people stay behind to actively play (not all at once though) which is how we get era, zone, and ol'west, and why classic's playercount is constantly huge.

Vulcan Blaze 11-01-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 800066)
Classic is a lamp and the other servers are spider webs. A new one comes out and everyone goes there for a few days before going back to classic like flies (because it's a lamp). Only a couple thousand people stay behind to actively play (not all at once though) which is how we get era, zone, and ol'west, and why classic's playercount is constantly huge.

Im a lamp and your my spider web

TomatoPanda 11-01-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by ethacon (Post 800066)

Rep for being einstein in explaining graal

Ethacon 11-01-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vulcan Blaze (Post 800070)
Im a lamp and your my spider web

rep for burning me alive.

J* 11-03-2017 12:57 PM

Hey, it got "un-nerfed" [^: well sort of.. It's 4 candy per tot now which might not seem like alot but does add up. Now i just need to make a rant thread about the goo sniper (just give the 'normal fire' mode a reason like a little less freeze and i'll be happy.) it's currently un-usable in any situation where someone is paying attention to you (looks great though).

Also aware of the development state of ye-ol'west. Im basically just playing to pk at this point since i find it more enjoyable than any other server now. Looking forward to trying delteria! (Then watching it's downward spiral into death as everyone flocks back to classic for nexus or something)

Whippy 11-23-2017 01:57 PM

*Screams louder than ten-thousand horny chicks at a Beatles concert* I'm your biggest fan, Mister J!!