Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why graal Classic doesn’t support the competitive communities? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42002)

Saeed 09-06-2020 09:19 PM

Why graal Classic doesn’t support the competitive communities?

I will try make this short since everything on forums nowdays is being agreed. At first, this is what I mean by the competitive communities: towering, sparring, Buddy killing, player killing.
It’s been more than six years since anything new has been added to the game to any of these stuff that I have listed except removing the 1k hat system (doesn’t even count as an update), creating more areas for people to BK (useless to the BK community itself, only good for the castle quest), creating a hatshop in BA (only promoted players to spar temporarily to get the spar coins at first. Nobody needs to spar now since the sparrers already has tons of coins now) and making a bad “temporary” towering system and I have explained why there: https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41991

If you’re going to counter this argument by saying it’s because “90% people on classic don’t do any of that” you’re wrong. Because remember these people who likes the hatshops to stay updated and nexus etc are also a part of one of these communities.The game is so boring now because there is no rewards at all.

What do you get from being in the leaderboard other than a plaque and a trophy if top 3? Nothing.
What do you get from reaching a specific amount of PKs/spar wins/BKs? Nothing
Ok well fine there is no milestone rewards but can we get anything meaningful if we get x pks/spars/BKs per season? No
When was the last time GST received an update? Probably 7 years ago.
Why a lot of Players quit the game? Because of the promised NGS that still hasn’t took place.
Why there is only 4 guilds that tower every season? Because there is only 4 towers.
Why the players log on and log off after few minutes? Because there is nothing to do.

I’m not complaining about any of the new updates like the “music instrumentals” update. But seems very unnecessary and un-interesting when the work can go to stuff that players will find more fun and interesting to participate in.

ExMile 09-06-2020 11:55 PM

Yeah I do agree it’s getting pretty boring, but coming up we’ll have Graaloween soon, then shortly after that we have Christmas, then Valentine’s Day, then finally Easter, which all have player submissions which keep players pretty entertained.

In my opinion player submissions are one of my favorite things in the game. They keep be very kept up and excited, and wish there was one over the summer.

I would see why you would want more competitive stuff. I wish there were more challenges as well to, like the candy hunt.

Saeed 09-07-2020 12:45 AM

I just rather them fix the stuff that exist already such as towering and spar and bk etc. to improve them, because when they were good backthen half of the game’s population was involved in them

TomatoPanda 09-07-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 831242)
I will try make this short since everything on forums nowdays is being agreed. At first, this is what I mean by the competitive communities: towering, sparring, Buddy killing, player killing.
It’s been more than six years since anything new has been added to the game to any of these stuff that I have listed except removing the 1k hat system (doesn’t even count as an update), creating more areas for people to BK (useless to the BK community itself, only good for the castle quest), creating a hatshop in BA (only promoted players to spar temporarily to get the spar coins at first. Nobody needs to spar now since the sparrers already has tons of coins now) and making a bad “temporary” towering system and I have explained why there: https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41991

If you’re going to counter this argument by saying it’s because “90% people on classic don’t do any of that” you’re wrong. Because remember these people who likes the hatshops to stay updated and nexus etc are also a part of one of these communities.The game is so boring now because there is no rewards at all.

What do you get from being in the leaderboard other than a plaque and a trophy if top 3? Nothing.
What do you get from reaching a specific amount of PKs/spar wins/BKs? Nothing
Ok well fine there is no milestone rewards but can we get anything meaningful if we get x pks/spars/BKs per season? No
When was the last time GST received an update? Probably 7 years ago.
Why a lot of Players quit the game? Because of the promised NGS that still hasn’t took place.
Why there is only 4 guilds that tower every season? Because there is only 4 towers.
Why the players log on and log off after few minutes? Because there is nothing to do.

I’m not complaining about any of the new updates like the “music instrumentals” update. But seems very unnecessary and un-interesting when the work can go to stuff that players will find more fun and interesting to participate in.

I agree and all of this is why me, my buddies and many more players left classic for other graal servers. Towering community was so big back when I played classic its a damn shame how it is now. Im sorry to tell you this but i highly doubt the staff team will listen to you and if you want a more competitive graal your best bet is era or west.

Classic towering started going downhill when they removed york and snow towers. I was shocked when I heard they removed guild hats and other rewards. I remember how mad the community was when they stopped allowing Gif 1k hats. I actually got the last Gif 1k hat the guild was named Arrows was really fun. What a shame.

This all being said if classic staff did ever make a real reward system for towering id be back on the first day of its release. The biggest mistake the towering community did was complain about hat chasers we should've never said anything about it and kept our mouths shut.

SomeGuy 09-07-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Posted by ExMile (Post 831243)
Yeah I do agree it’s getting pretty boring, but coming up we’ll have Graaloween soon, then shortly after that we have Christmas, then Valentine’s Day, then finally Easter, which all have player submissions which keep players pretty entertained.

In my opinion player submissions are one of my favorite things in the game. They keep be very kept up and excited, and wish there was one over the summer.

I would see why you would want more competitive stuff. I wish there were more challenges as well to, like the candy hunt.

I’d rather they focus on completely new things which will be in the game all the time, rather than focus on a few events which are in the game for a few weeks. The game hasn’t had a new, real beefy update in ages. Music is cool but it lost its charm after about five minutes. The game needs something new...new way to make gralats...new location...babord...

Saeed 09-07-2020 02:41 PM

A very stupid idea was extending the guild members list from 25 to 50 before fully implementing the NGS.
Now it’s literally impossible to take a tower with 35+ members in it specifically deadwood and Destiny and with only 4 towers in the game it hilarious.

They removed snow rower, york tower, swamp tower, castle. So they can do other updates rhere and the towering community got f/ucked over. Just have a look at towering these days and read my thread. It’s terrible.

Let me not talk about sparring, you see players increasing their speed by 0.2 and the admins are too inexperienced to agree that player is hacking. I even recorded some and sent it to toonslab but nothing was done.

Sawyer 09-08-2020 12:11 AM

Removal of the old towering system without implementing the new one was just weird. I know there were those guilds who would just hop after 1k hours to get a hat, but what is the real problem with that. At least back in the day there would be multiple guilds having competition over the spots.

The removal of towers was just super weird too. Snow town and York were really fun IMO. They removed them without adding any more content with longevity. They killed towering by making it what feels like more of a grind then before to get a hat that you don't have a say in how it looks.

I spent a lot of time towering back in the day, probably more than I should of at the time lol. It kinda sucks that when I log in every once and a while there is just a longing reminiscence for a different time. I guess you can say that about a lot of games you played in your childhood but it still doesn't make it any less sad.

Sir Travis 09-10-2020 11:59 AM

PVE would be a nice addition, multiplayer daily reward quest with co op puzzles too

I always found that the PVP led to these strange factions of “superior” or pro players that have extremely toxic tendencies. Might just be me but I’ve never had so many people offer to eat my face (gotta love that spar sass)

Christopher 09-10-2020 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

”if everyone who’s complaining right now in this thread would actually just make their own guild”,

like right now, just like it was before, and

”just play the game
instead of trying to reach the top of the leaderboard so hard”

just to go and scream down “losers”
and not be too lazy to go and recruit new players
even with it being very hard, near impossible almost, with military guilds trolling just about anyone who’s trying to recruit new people, anyone acting out of the ordinary, standing over them, censoring them with emotes until they go away, writing their recruitment texts purposely over people who advertise their house or guild and stuff.

still if everyone who’s been complaining in this thread just went and made a guild right now to tower or to do just what ever it is you would like your guild to achieve, it’d be just like you described again, like back in the days, with a bunch of active guilds, multiple guilds competing for the towers, more actual
in-game fighting and engagement and not just numb sword pressing, right? idk, i haven’t been towering actively since like 2013 either so in that area i might not be the person to talk.
i did accompany one guild to 1k and i do remember it being a very fun time. i can not say it enough,

”but i think there’s always a reason that certain changes are added.”

remember, many of those cool updates that were released back then, it was because a lot of people had interest at the same time, new areas were opened because it were too many people in the same areas.
also i think you shouldn’t go shouting at everyone who doesn’t act according to what you desire, these days, everyone’s kinda got their own little thing going on now.
i remember, saeed, one time in 2019 you’ve invited me to a towering guild and you were the leader. you had multiple accounts but the people didn’t know. every time the conversation would steer towards a certain topic, you would spam very random things in the chat. as if causing distraction.. something like that. that was very confusing. the account was also in a whole different place than the towers that your guild owned, so when you’d go looking who is shouting those random things there was no one to be found. it was just like a voice from the unseen. that’s not natural and whatever you were distracting from i think there was good reason you were banned when you were ‘shouting around’ like that,
like you told me later on when i asked what’s with that.
i think it was that one guild
with the attractive woman as a guild picture.

i guess what i’m trying to bring across to you is that some things just take some effort, and having a successful guild just got that much harder after the mirror facebook server,
that not even so much,
but especially after the 2016 updates. imagine the mirror facebook server coming back again. omg. ah. i’m already getting a tingly feeling in my tummy just thinking about it/writing about it.

”we’re all going to have to bring up some effort
not to to be too rude to eachother about this topic.”

and if we want to re-create classic to what it was before and even make it better, eventually we all will need to take a closer look at and evaluate the attitudes we have towards one another and if they are still appropriate in 2020. and beyond.
in 2010 we did not have that.

”and y’all pretty much just agreed that it was better back then,
right?”

i think it felt a little more exciting to play back then aswell.
maybe it’s because i was still a very young teenage boy back then.
anyhow,
i think you shouldn’t just give up right away. when there is something you want to achieve, do your very best to do so.
all of you. if you don’t like what happened to towering.. i don’t know. like i said there’s always a reason for changes. maybe sit back and focus on something else because what is gone is gone and
what it is you’re missing might not come back ever. like ever.
or just keep on towering? you say there is too few towers.
if that were the case it would show.

i for example had this one goal, to one day own a guild where a lot of people go to one house, one house, and farm together for rainbow gralats and in the end equally share them.
without one person constantly screaming

NO NOU-AH,
I WANT YOU TO GO TO MY HOUSE INSTEAD!! EVEN THOUGH WE AGREED WERE GONNA DO THIS AT YOUR HOUSE, I DONT TRUST YOU AND I WANT YOU ALL TO GO TO MY HOUSE INSTEAD NOW.

or something of that nature.
with some time, even the newest of players
would have more than enough gralats for whatever it is they want.
that i’m sure of.

when that farming update came out i wasn’t complaining much.
i did not like it either but i can see why it was changed, trying to have a successful farming guild since so long - there would always be something coming up, some reason why someone wouldn’t want to farm, always some confrontation. i can see why it was changed.

i don’t know if that’s ever going to happen, i don’t know if the new farming update is going to change back again to what it was, that farming in another’s house is not growing gralats anymore that it’d not be so again. i don’t know, with this whole wasp thing, if there is an unexplored area that just maybe none of us have figured out yet.
i mean in naruto they have bug ninja clans aswell, and one bug ninja clan focusing especially on wasps and bees. so. i don’t know. i think they were defeated early by some other clan though.
maybe there is a new way to farm together that simply none of us have figured out yet.

i often see people saying there is nothing to do and i just disengage immediately, like literally i do not want to be around those people,
i go out of their way as much as i can.

”why would you ever keep playing this game, just to complain about nothing to do?”

like, there’s a bunch of things to do.
back then people would talk about anything, whenever.

i have been playing graal since 2010 when i was a little boy with thirteen years of age, when i first won an ipod touch on a fun fair at a slot machine called “stacker”.
and i have been playing graal actively on the playerworlds since 2011 or so, where i got an old windows xp computer as a gift.
you know? those old big box computers with a small screen.

i was playing mostly the zodiac server only though which is a great server by the way, which i think everyone who is signed in to this forum and actively playing graal should have checked out by now. for real. such. a. great. game.

here’s a link.
graalonline.com/playerworlds/

but i get it. everyone’s got other things to do besides graal.
still i think looking just that little bit further into the history of graal instead of straight up complaining about every little thing
would make things easier for everyone.

i like to remind myself that i am no king, god,
any kind of royalty or celebrity,
not the owner of this game,
nor an admin or any kind of person in a higher position.
just an ordinary player.
just an ordinary boy who appears to be very lucky at times.

now i’m twenty-three years of age.
twenty-four by next february.
i wouldn’t want to have much changed in the way things are going.
i can not currently play the playerworlds server nor do anything on a computer (to those on zodiac wondering where i’ve been)
since i broke my macbook by spilling water on it, trying to satisfy every kinds of questions that come up when playing graal from people that look at the stats in my profile, the things i have
acquired and accomplished playing graal on the account from 2010. every. time. explaining it over and over again.
where did you get this? how did you do that? multitasking.
one day there were so many things
coming up at the same time in real life,
the playerworlds server and the iphone server
and i usually operate alone.
so i just spilled water on my macbook
while doing many things at once.
all i have to connect and create content with right now is this broken iphone seven from late 2017 or 2018 where the display is already coming off on both sides and the contract is about to run out aswell.
so i might not be able to play any server for a while soon.

the zodiac server is a much smaller community but still a damn great server. during the time i was playing i have seen the same issue and similarities come up, which were easier to see in a small community but the similarities to the slightly larger mobile community are there, and those are:

people want to do something in the game, then they fail and they are discouraged and they complain and want to have new things added to the game without looking at the great content that is already all over the worlds of graal and they overlook many things.

most of the desires that come up, they overlook that there is already something out there to fulfill those desires and they don’t put the effort to look at what is already available. so often.
also they want things to change, things to be added but they do not actually want to, like, for example draw it up themselves.
i think it is great to see more independent GFX artists and admins aswell on graal.

here’s a few links to tools that have helped me
in creating content for graal.

Spoiler

art studio lite
apps.apple.com

art studio legacy
apps.apple.com

art studio pro
apps.apple.com

GIMP
gimp.org/downloads/

templates
www.dropbox.com

another great example for this is this one picture trend where restaurants would put up a board saying:

“no wifi, no smartphones, talk to eachother”

i think that is a very fitting example for this whole topic. just like it was back then. these days everyone is very much afraid to say exactly what’s on their mind in fear of what ever might happen, right? well think back to the time you just described.
it wasn’t like that.
”just saying.”

[YOUTUBE]https://youtube.com/watch?v=bv_Zzlj0QT8[/YOUTUBE]
youtube.com/watch?v=bv_Zzlj0QT8

[YOUTUBE]https://youtube.com/watch?v=DEPydLFAdDo[/YOUTUBE]
youtube.com/watch?v=DEPydLFAdDo

Emera 09-10-2020 05:38 PM

^ I’m not gonna get up here and bash her like everybody else but she needs a lot of Psychological evaluations, because-

Saeed 09-10-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Christopher (Post 831271)
[CENTER]

”if everyone who’s complaining right now in this thread would actually just make their own guild”,

like right now, just like it was before, and
remember, many of those cool updates that were released back then, it was because a lot of people had interest at the same time, new areas were opened because it were too many people in the same areas.

Who said the problem was with recruiting players? Or the problem was climbing in the leaderboard? If you’re going to write a lot of feedback you might aswell read what was said.
We’re complaining because there is no rewards

Quote:

also i think you shouldn’t go shouting at everyone who doesn’t act according to what you desire, these days, everyone’s kinda got their own little thing going on now.
like you told me later on when i asked what’s with that.
i think it was that one guild
with the attractive woman as a guild picture..

I don’t understand what you’re saying here? My main account was communication banned and my friend used their alt account to speak as its me (I told them what to say on discord) “multiple accounts but the people didn’t know” Why would I do that lol. I don’t understand the rest of this paragraph

Below are my continuous opinions on the original thread

I also would like to mention how the battle arena shop is not any different from than any hat shop. Convert your coins with gralats and buy the hats. Both involve gralats and neither involves you to be active doing something specific (like sparring) since it takes two hours for a bad player to get 50 coins. So if the purpose of that shop was a “temporary system” till NGS drops, you might aswell change into a normal hatshop because it really doesn’t effect sparring in any way.

The reason why the players are “impatient” (they’re not imo) is because of two reasons
1- this system was promised too early and Passed the predicted deadline a long time ago.
2- Old systems were removed before finishing the NGS (spar wins milestones rewards, 1k hats etc) These systems were not good I agree, but they were definitely better than no system.
3- It’s been more than four years.

Important:You’re trying to implement the “perfect NGS” to meet the Players expectations because if its not worth us waiting this long everyone is going to be angry. Now, releasing it in phases was a good idea. BUT starting with doing the changes that were not required and won’t change the competition was a bad idea, these guild changes were so good but could have waited for it longer specially the new guild members limit, wasn’t needed to be released before the unreleased updates that relies on it.
Nevertheless, my point of writing that isn’t complaining, my point: Release the NGS in phases, clarify that when you do it, release the “un-perfected” required changes to make a working new guild system which will contain a nice points system and give rewards for towering, sparring and whatever else. Then from there, you can improve on them in future phases and work the on stuff similar to what you have released in phase 1. For example in phase 2 it may only cover a towering points system, phase 3 u will add sparring to the NGS. Or you can release a not great version systems and improve and change on them in future phases.
At the end, no matter what you do it won’t be “the perfect NGS” because the players haven’t used it yet and gave feedback on it. You can discuss and see for yourself if towering and sparring should be merged in one guild system, or give the leader the option to change the guild from a sparring guild or a towering guild or whatever then the system will change with it. Or maybe you want it in one system and want sparers towerers etc in one guild. You can’t find out what’s the best till you test it.

Trust me, you can make ppl buy gralats out of this too guild bank where guild members put gralats in it and can purchase ““allowing to upload animated guild logo” “massive guild house to guild members only” “allowing to upload shield/sword code that can only be used by guild members” Blah blah if u want this to happen i can give a lot of ideas.

Convict 09-10-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 831242)

Yea I agree this game tends to leave so many loose ends that there is not even an idea of where to begin again. These new projects being started are constantly making this game unfinished as a result. Think of all the money this game could grab if it was actually finished.

Christopher 09-11-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 831285)
Who said the problem was with recruiting players? Or the problem was climbing in the leaderboard? If you’re going to write a lot of feedback you might aswell read what was said.
We’re complaining because there is no rewards

yeah, well no rewards is a broad topic
that can go in many directions.
what i was looking at in this thread and responding to was not only your post but all the posts below aswell, which were not only about
no rewards’ but also about things
that were added, removed and changed.

Quote:

still if everyone who’s been complaining in this thread just went and made a guild right now to tower or to do just what ever it is you would like your guild to achieve, it’d be just like you described again, like back in the days, with a bunch of active guilds, multiple guilds competing for the towers, more actual
in-game fighting and engagement and not just numb sword pressing, right? idk, i haven’t been towering actively since like 2013 either so in that area i might not be the person to talk.
i did accompany one guild to 1k and i do remember it being a very fun time.

a very fun time. that being said, yeah, i guess back then there were more rewards available right? 1,000 hours, 2,000 hours, 5,000 hours, 10,000 hours, 20,000 hours?
i don’t know if that is still the case
but i have seen people say that it is not like that anymore.
i haven’t been to a tower guild lately,
but in early 2020 and sometimes in 2019.
all i saw, was people kept talking about rewards.
when i was in a 1,000h guild, yeah,
sometimes the topic would come up
but it wasn’t everything that’d be talked about.

”yeah, rewards are good and important,
but they shouldn’t be the main focus anyways.”

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 831285)
I don’t understand what you’re saying here? My main account was communication banned and my friend used their alt account to speak as its me (I told them what to say on discord) “multiple accounts but the people didn’t know” Why would I do that lol. I don’t understand the rest of this paragraph

”i said you don’t need to invite me to a guild with an attractive woman as a guild picture which shouldn’t be allowed in the first place, just to shout at others and me because you were communications banned.”
and that
”you don’t need to shout at me through your friend because you were communications banned and have others aswell as me walking around in confusion.”

wondering first of all, what is this guild about,
looking at the guild picture,

”wondering why am i here? where is this guy steering me?”

do i go to this tower now or the other?
and

”who is this random person with low stats in their profile in the guild chat shouting orders, which is nowhere to be found in both the towers this guild owns?”

“do i really need to follow this order in this very moment?”

fist off all, that’s a sort of ban evasion,
and it doesn’t matter if it’s ‘just a friend’,
still you were still talking and even
if it was ‘just through a friend’,
you were banned from it. goes against the rule

“multiple bans - this offense is also used for those who take the offenses that get players banned to the extreme or continue to log on alternate accounts while banned.”

which can be found in the information kiosk
northwest of the battle arena.

Saeed 09-11-2020 11:56 AM

Yeah you’re totally right they should have declined my guild logo because it had a woman in it(lol)! Now the reason why the guild logo was like that is because of the guild name “Peng” which means “Pretty, beautiful” etc in british slang.

I wasn’t evading the communication ban either way I’m unbanned now. Never used alts. That alt account was my friend’s, he said what he wanted most of the time and if i wanna add a comment i will tell him on discord voice call.
“Shouting at people” what does that even mean? It’s normal for every guild to tell you to get to tower if you’re not in it, and a lot of times you used to slack. Or afk in spawn or whatever, if you don’t like it when the leads tell you to defend the tower then you should have left (backthen) it’s a towering guild not a social guild.

Christopher 09-11-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Saeed (Post 831293)
It’s normal for every guild to tell you to get to tower if you’re not in it, and a lot of times you used to slack. Or afk in spawn or whatever

i felt honored to be invited by you honestly
but i was also just visiting. not actively towering with you.

:blush:

Quote:

“Shouting at people” what does that even mean?

Quote:

Posted by Christopher (Post 831292)
”you don’t need to shout at me through your friend because you were communications banned and have others aswell as me walking around in confusion.”

Quote:

Posted by Christopher (Post 831292)
”wondering why am i here? where is this guy steering me?”

do i go to this tower now or the other?
and

”who is this random person with low stats in their profile in the guild chat shouting orders, which is nowhere to be found in both the towers this guild owns?”

Quote:

That alt account was my friend’s, he said what he wanted most of the time

and not only orders but as you said also random, confusing and misleading things.