Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Overworld pk (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41699)

XBanished 11-22-2019 03:13 PM

Overworld pk

Overworld pk was turned off for Halloween which I get but it's been a week and a half since all Halloween events ended and none of the regular overworld pk spots are back yet. (but new shops and item updates are still being released)

I get that the joint area is turned off because of the rabbits and their shop as well as the area above Onnet since that's where gifts will be for Christmas but, is there any other reason why areas like Graal City Daycare, Sky Chapel Area, anywhere else in Onnet and, the pond under Angel Clan would be closed off?

I'd really like to know some more on this as pk is still quite active and not all of us like being restricted to towers.
(Yes I know swamp is open and south pond by sky chapel is as well but both of those places are unbearable to pk at :))

Since I'm at it I'll put it all in one post. This is more of a general question but I remember the area under mod tower and to the right of mod tower being pk areas. Why were they removed and do they plan to make a return?
p.s. why isn't "player killing" a guild interest :roll: there are "player killing" guilds that don't just tower...
(Could always just flick the switch to turn all overworld pk on as well that would be a fun time indeed...)

Green 11-22-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by XBanished (Post 828555)
(Could always just flick the switch to turn all overworld pk on as well that would be a fun time indeed...)

Kinda agree with this part. It'd be great if all of the areas outside of the yellow boxes were PK zones.
https://i.imgur.com/oijH7em.png

XBanished 11-22-2019 04:08 PM

https://i.imgur.com/B2VIn26.png
1. Only during events where the joint is needed.
2. Mainly just because new players... but also extreamly tight spaces like that could get blocked up quick.
3. MoD tower can have kills boosted if you spam sword outside of where people die so wouldn't be a good idea, I know this was an issue during Halloween.
4. I think only when there is a shop at Onnet General.

Heeble 11-23-2019 06:10 PM

Green’s map is after my own heart. PKing towers is boring. I would love to be able to PK randoms again.

Green 11-23-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 828567)
Green’s map is after my own heart. PKing towers is boring. I would love to be able to PK randoms again.

I don't really get why most parts of the map have pvp disabled. It makes sense in Graal City because it's the main town, or Destiny and the castle because of their protective walls but other than those few areas it should really be enabled everywhere else.

Tobi 11-23-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by XBanished (Post 828555)
Overworld pk was turned off for Halloween which I get but it's been a week and a half since all Halloween events ended and none of the regular overworld pk spots are back yet. (but new shops and item updates are still being released)

I get that the joint area is turned off because of the rabbits and their shop as well as the area above Onnet since that's where gifts will be for Christmas but, is there any other reason why areas like Graal City Daycare, Sky Chapel Area, anywhere else in Onnet and, the pond under Angel Clan would be closed off?

I'd really like to know some more on this as pk is still quite active and not all of us like being restricted to towers.
(Yes I know swamp is open and south pond by sky chapel is as well but both of those places are unbearable to pk at :))

Since I'm at it I'll put it all in one post. This is more of a general question but I remember the area under mod tower and to the right of mod tower being pk areas. Why were they removed and do they plan to make a return?
p.s. why isn't "player killing" a guild interest :roll: there are "player killing" guilds that don't just tower...

Yeah I feel you, like as a veteran Pker, after being reset more then 2-3 times I've always manage to get back at least 200k-300k Kills, I've slowed down because classic has took out the fun in pking. It's mad dull, most of the areas that had pking got closed out. 2k hour room pk got disabled (idk why there's not more hour rooms like 5k,7k,10k,15k..ect) the Zone, the Fan pk got disabled as well

Heeble 11-23-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Green (Post 828568)
I don't really get why most parts of the map have pvp disabled. It makes sense in Graal City because it's the main town, or Destiny and the castle because of their protective walls but other than those few areas it should really be enabled everywhere else.

I understand why they were disabled as much as I disagree with the reasoning. But I don't understand why the areas we had before are still disabled. It feels even worse when kills are disabled after a while of PKing a tower.

It's also harmful to the PK communities of Graal. Removing PK zones like The Pond below Angel Clan displaces the entire community that has been there for longer than some players have been alive. Pond, Onnet Town, Orphanage/Bridge, all these areas are PK hotspots with communities that aren't given so much as a thought. I get areas need to be disabled to allow easy entry to updated shops (or to baby halloween trick-or-treaters) but the communities these areas have shouldn't be thrown to the side so easily.

Perception. 11-26-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tobi (Post 828573)
Yeah I feel you, like as a veteran Pker, after being reset more then 2-3 times I've always manage to get back at least 200k-300k Kills, I've slowed down because classic has took out the fun in pking. It's mad dull, most of the areas that had pking got closed out. 2k hour room pk got disabled (idk why there's not more hour rooms like 5k,7k,10k,15k..ect) the Zone, the Fan pk got disabled as well

Quick question because i know nothing about PK, why is there reset ?

Tensor 11-26-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by Perception. (Post 828649)
Quick question because i know nothing about PK, why is there reset ?

Boosting kills..

Perception. 11-26-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tensor (Post 828654)
Boosting kills..

Oh ok. I thought they reset kills after you reached a certain amount. thank you.

Heeble 12-01-2019 04:01 PM

The snow is starting to fall and overworld PKing remains mostly disabled. PKers are being forcefully shoved into towers (thanks for the kill nerf that still remains unexplained or reverted). Whoever is making these decisions clearly doesn’t understand that Towering is not PKing, and PKing is not Towering. Give us back our PK zones, please.

Heeble 12-26-2019 09:54 PM

The PK zones were finally brought back. The game is now slightly more playable.

Green 12-26-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Posted by Heeble (Post 829260)
The PK zones were finally brought back. The game is now slightly more playable.

Oh awesome. I don't pk but i'm happy for the people that do.

XBanished 12-26-2019 11:20 PM

Thank you devs :joy:

Tensor 12-31-2019 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28202