Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Youtube kind of pisses me off (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39653)

Zetectic 09-04-2017 05:12 AM

Youtube kind of pisses me off

1 Attachment(s)
Youtube kind of pisses me off as a creator. I mean, I do it for fun. but lately it seems like they are caring so much about legal companies (music, video game) over Youtube creators. I am pretty sure this new rules and craps affected so many careers who does Youtube for living.

I mean I always hear big Youtubers complaining about how Youtube is coming to an end etc. It's kind of true. If this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised, there's going to be another platform just like Youtube rise up and force Youtube into a competition. But until that happens, Youtube won't die.

http://www.graalians.com/forums/atta...1&d=1504500685

Why am I so mad? If you look at the yellow one, the title of that video is called "SLX Line-up" video. the bots just assumed title being inappropriate and start putting "not user-friendly content" over some of my videos.

What happens? They don't play ads = generates no money. and they are doing this without notifying me at all. If it was h3h3, they lost like 3k dollars already, cause millions of people didn't get their ads played..

I was already annoyed by how they give my money to Music companies, cause my Graal video used it.. So I don't get a single cent from most of videos with musics. But now they assume **** based on titles and description, it's ridiculous. I just feel so betrayed, even though I make ~$5 a month from it.

What do you guys think?

PigParty 09-04-2017 12:02 PM

There are copyright laws for a reason.

Admiral 09-04-2017 12:11 PM

Why not use royalty free music?

HamStarr 09-04-2017 01:47 PM

You know what I hate about YouTube? "Content creators" trying to hit that 10 minute mark by filling the rest of their video with a .jpeg. *glares at ricegum*

TomatoPanda 09-04-2017 01:49 PM

Upload on the "Hub" instead their rules are a LOT less strict :)

Zetectic 09-04-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Posted by Admiral (Post 795145)
Why not use royalty free music?

I used "free music" etc, and guess what. Those musics are now all copyrighted. Especially musics from Nocopyrightmusic channels.

Quote:

Posted by HamStarr (Post 795149)
You know what I hate about YouTube? "Content creators" trying to hit that 10 minute mark by filling the rest of their video with a .jpeg. *glares at ricegum*

I heard about that too. Forced by youtube. Or else they get no $. That explains why some 15 sec black screen at the end.

PigParty 09-04-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Zetectic (Post 795153)
Whats that

Music that doesn't want a piece of the pie for using it.

Music (and other content) get royalties for others using their content. Raido stations have to pay artists every time they play their song. It's no different with Youtube. You use someone else's work and they want part of your profit. Royalty free music would allow you to use music without having to pay out royalties.

Zetectic 09-04-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Posted by PigParty (Post 795155)
Music that doesn't want a piece of the pie for using it.

Music (and other content) get royalties for others using their content. Raido stations have to pay artists every time they play their song. It's no different with Youtube. You use someone else's work and they want part of your profit. Royalty free music would allow you to use music without having to pay out royalties.

Oh cool, I think i might have to do some research on that.

If music creators get 50% of my profit, that's fine. But 100 to music creator cause music appears somewhere in the vid is BS law I always hated.

And apparently, nowadays any negative vids about videogames can be taken down by game companies with the reason of Copyrighted materials. This seems manual right now, but soon will be flagged by automated bots

5hift 09-04-2017 02:45 PM

You know you can appeal these claims.

Usually when you do an actual person comes in to review these claims and decide whether they're justifiable or not. If you really didn't use copyright material then chances are they'll remove these claims.

Its a really tedious process for a dumb system but until they get a decent algorithm for finding actually copyrighted material in videos then this is all you can do.

Zetectic 09-04-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Posted by 5hift (Post 795159)
You know you can appeal these claims.

Usually when you do an actual person comes in to review these claims and decide whether they're justifiable or not. If you really didn't use copyright material then chances are they'll remove these claims.

Its a really tedious process for a dumb system but until they get a decent algorithm for finding actually copyrighted material in videos then this is all you can do.

Yeah appealed some big ones. it will take over weeks and months.
Right now, my entire channel is under copyright. Safest way, either use Game sound or my voice lol. No more rigged titles that bots will find it "inappropriate"

Fae 09-04-2017 02:59 PM

I do sound design for some theatre productions I work, and a common website I use for music is https://incompetech.com/.

As you may guess it's royalty free so hopefully this should help some.

Admiral 09-04-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by Zetectic (Post 795153)
I used "free music" etc, and guess what. Those musics are now all copyrighted. Especially musics from Nocopyrightmusic channels.

That sucks but if it's their content they can do what they want (though I'm not sure if you can declare public use then take that back)

Your best bet would be to make a claim/appeal and in the meantime, stick to sources you know will STAY royalty free

Zetectic 09-04-2017 04:29 PM

yep thanks for all the response. will use royalty free musics from now on.

Darkk 09-04-2017 10:24 PM

@Zet on the topic of youtube, where did that video of Qes rapping go? That sh*t had me dying lol

Red 09-05-2017 01:30 AM

youtube has really ****ed over the whole platform with the direction its headed in, allowing people to falsely flag videos was one thing but allowing a bot to flag a title is ******ed.