Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime and Manga (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   General Anime Thread (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20124)

Myst 07-14-2013 06:39 AM

General Anime Thread

4 Attachment(s)
This list is gonna contain some animes i consider a "Must Watch"

Hataraku Maou-sama!
Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses—and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation—he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses!

Read more at http://myanimelist.net/anime/15809/H...gM0bLsiGdbH.99

Imo this is a really funny anime and i would rate it 8/10

Hunter x Hunter 2011

A remake of the 1999 TV series of Hunter x Hunter based on the manga by Togashi Yoshihiro.
A Hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals to searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago, being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father's path, he could one day reunite with him.

After becoming 12, Gon leaves his home and takes on the task of entering the Hunter exam, notorious for its low success rate and high probability of death to become an official Hunter. He befriends the revenge-driven Kurapika, the doctor-to-be Leorio and the rebellious ex-assassin Killua in the exam, with their friendship prevailing throughout the many trials and threats they come upon taking on the dangerous career of a Hunter.

I would rate this anime 9/10 so far, as im currently still watching it.

Baccano

During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story—one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved.

i would rate this anime a whopping 10/10 simply because of the style of this story an the characters have really in depth personalities

Shingeki no Kyojin

Synopsis
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air. As the smaller titans flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single titan and take revenge for all of mankind.

this is one of the most creative and unique animes i have ever encountered i would rate it 9.5/10

Sources: http://myanimelist.net/panel.php, https://www.youtube.com/

Attachment 12238 Attachment 12239 Attachment 12240

Ash Ketchum 07-15-2013 12:04 PM

How can Baccano have a higher rating than Shingeki no Kyojin

Myst 07-17-2013 06:55 AM

The way baccano is, to put it simply i prefer baccanos style.

Tyler 07-17-2013 05:21 PM

I started an anime yesterday called Dangan Ronpa. It's currently airing and like Devil Survivor 2 I believe it was a game first. The first episode was very very interesting. All these students of different statuses are trapped in this school and the only way to get out is to commit murder by killing another student.

Rufus 07-17-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Tyler (Post 388074)
I started an anime yesterday called Dangan Ronpa. It's currently airing and like Devil Survivor 2 I believe it was a game first. The first episode was very very interesting. All these students of different statuses are trapped in this school and the only way to get out is to commit murder by killing another student.

:sarcastic:

Tyler 07-17-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rufus (Post 388075)
:sarcastic:

Try the first episode!

twilit 07-17-2013 10:43 PM

I started watching Monster this week --ik ik, i only watch old ones because i dont wanna wait 1wk for 1ep. Its a suspense series; the kind of intricate you-must-pay-attention-to-get-the-full-experience story. Anyway this docter risks his job to perform a life-saving surgery on a boy whose parents were just murdered and twin sister traumatized. But nine years later, it is discovered that the boy is actually the murderer who also murdered a number of other couples. Now the doctor is determined to hunt down this boy.

Pimpsy G. 07-17-2013 10:53 PM

Toriko is the best anime ever bar none.

Ramone 07-17-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Myst (Post 386449)
This list is gonna contain some animes i consider a "Must Watch"

During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot ...

Who in the right mind would name a transcontinental train this? Not that it would affect the anime in any way, but it just throws me off.

Platinum 07-18-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Posted by Pimpsy G. (Post 388180)
Toriko is the best anime ever bar none.

You obviously haven't seen Mirai Nikki.

Talon 07-18-2013 05:23 AM

I like Mirai Nikki.

Myst 07-18-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Tyler (Post 388074)

i have seen this anime, i liked it a little but i like an anime with adventure and some really enjoyable characters.
Not saddistic ***

Ash Ketchum 07-18-2013 10:57 AM

I've seen Flowers of Evil

Flowers
Of
Evil

The only true Anime that has shows what school is REALLY like,

****ed up

Myst 07-18-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 388451)
I've seen Flowers of Evil

Flowers
Of
Evil

The only true Anime that has shows what school is REALLY like,

****ed up

lemme search it.

nvm just from google images i can safely assume its a bad anime.

Ash Ketchum 07-18-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by Myst (Post 388455)
lemme search it.

nvm just from google images i can safely assume its a bad anime.

Judging art over the story line, is like judging a game because of the graphics over the game play.

Anyways the ending was **** so yeah