Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Classic (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   House Rating Leaderboard is unsuccessful (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42008)

Convict 09-10-2020 09:16 PM

House Rating Leaderboard is unsuccessful

The House Rating Leaderboard does not operate in the benefit of players like myself who actually craft houses and take pride in collecting, designing and building.

House ratings were integrated into the leaderboard system in order to give players the ability to find unique, interesting and cool houses. Not so much for competitive nature as rewards were never added. When house likes were introduced it was a new thing so the system obviously needed time to develop in order to give accurate assessments on which houses actually belong on the leaderboard. After being implemented sometime in 2016, given 4 years to now, it's safe to say the house leaderboard system never developed into a space to find truly good houses.

99% of the House Rating leaderboard is a bunch of players with half baked codeshops that afk in graal city all day advertising their house while the real housebuilders are actually constantly working on their's. It's quite ridiculous browsing through the house leaderboard to see a codeshop using the castle template layout with barely any furniture somehow achieving 1st place, lol.
To sum it up players that have been playing graal are not going to spend time browsing the house leaderboard because everyone who has played graal enough knows it's a waste of time. Maybe 2-3 good houses at best in the bunch but it's like a treasure hunt trying to find them.

Unfortunately the system never moderated itself over time as it was intended to do.
Put it to bed already.

GOAT 09-10-2020 09:28 PM

You should suggest a better solution than “put it to bed already”

If you take pride in being a house decorator the leaderboard shouldn’t be a concern to you.

Convict 09-10-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831284)

If you take pride in being a house decorator the leaderboard shouldn’t be a concern to you.

Hello there has been countless other threads with solutions and ways to build a better system. Do I really need to regurgitate what others have been saying?
Anyone at the top will automatically get the most likes because of how it's setup.

I disagree with you, lol. The house community has only gotten smaller over the years because of the furniture resell prices being brought down to 10% and no longer being able to gain or give gralats because of unwarranted updates.
"The house leaderboard" should co exist with the community but it doesn't.

The leaderboard is a joke.

Sir Travis 09-11-2020 03:32 AM

Surely we all agree, 4-Lom deserves a 1st place trophy

4-Lom 09-11-2020 03:51 PM

D'aaaaw...

I placed 49th in bk first season.

There's no trophies for house likes. It would just go to cheaters and house hookers anyway.

Same issue as all games... When you have a competitive environment that relies on the judgement of other competitors, you get a kingmaker scenario.

The only solution is to have criteria upon which a third party panel of judges perform a review.
Even then... Bribery and favoritism are rife unless you incorporate a blind control environment for the review (not allowing the judges to know who built what ahead of time).

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831284)

Akin to saying "if you pride yourself on being a pker, your number of kills shouldn't matter. "

🐸

Also, I'd list the complaints about all the systems getting nerfed to hell but everyone knows how it is.

Sir Travis 09-11-2020 05:35 PM

Maybe it could be a hosted event like Valentines day, a new panel every time it’s hosted would keep things fresh

GOAT 09-12-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 831295)
Akin to saying "if you pride yourself on being a pker, your number of kills shouldn't matter. "

🐸

If it was anybody else you replied too you would’ve made your point. BUT

It’s me GOAT

I have over 800k kills and my account shows less than 400k. I was the original true pkr on iClassic. I did it because I enjoyed troll pkng and not because I wanted to be on a list that was years away from being introduced. Most players know how I felt about the old pk list. I thought it was a joke, but I didn’t go out of my way to bash it.
<3
leaderboards = iClassic poop No bueno

Mod pkrs used to claim they pkd because they enjoyed it(not the leaderboard)
When riot pkrs showed up they cried about the leaderboards being broken

That’s the point I was making to convict. He acts as if he decorated his house because he enjoyed it, but it seems he does it for a leaderboard spot.

<3

Sir Travis 09-13-2020 02:31 PM

A panel chosen by Dustys RNG name picker dealie, once every three months we gather for review

There is always a way, we just gotta nail down the 2 gralat solution to the 1 000 000 gralat problem

Convict 09-14-2020 03:36 AM

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 831290)
Surely we all agree, 4-Lom deserves a 1st place trophy

4-Lom definitely does and so do others like Char, Rogers, Zaros, etc.

Quote:

Posted by Sir Travis (Post 831298)
Maybe it could be a hosted event like Valentines day, a new panel every time it’s hosted would keep things fresh

Great idea but the problem is this would have to be implemented in so kind of unlikely but even a house contest event twice a year would be fine. Or a seasonal thing like GST. There has been player hosted house contests before but it's takes lots of time to execute so it would be nice if there is consistent house contests hosted by admins. Idk why this isn't a thing yet.

Quote:

Posted by GOAT (Post 831302)
If it was anybody else you replied too you would’ve made your point. BUT

It’s me GOAT

I have over 800k kills and my account shows less than 400k. I was the original true pkr on iClassic.
I did it because I enjoyed troll pkng and not because I wanted to be on a list that was years away from being introduced. Most players know how I felt about the old pk list. I thought it was a joke, but I didn’t go out of my way to bash it.
<3
leaderboards = iClassic poop No bueno

Mod pkrs used to claim they pkd because they enjoyed it(not the leaderboard)
When riot pkrs showed up they cried about the leaderboards being broken

That’s the point I was making to convict. He acts as if he decorated his house because he enjoyed it, but it seems he does it for a leaderboard spot.

<3

“The only point you made” is that you have a weird superiority complex and was once “the true original pker of iclassic.”

Call it bashing but I am simply advocating for a community that has little voice as is.

You're a pker so you understand part of pking is showing off your stats and part of house building is showing off your house(it's similar).
So it's a shame to have a leaderboard that doesn’t try to feature the real housebuilders on this game who put their time, effort and money/gralats to craft something truly great and inspiring.
The leaderboards give an inaccurate representation of what a good house is on this game.

Maybe you misunderstood but my concern for the leaderboard is due to the possibilities the leaderboard could be. I see a lack of use, lost potential and a broken system. Currently a leaderboard spot is meaningless and you're assuming I design for a lousy leaderboard spot? House design is one of the only things I enjoy and gain satisfaction from on this game now. A better or new system would just sweeten the pot and make it more interesting and fun imo. Something new. I am just confused why this system still exists. Tried it, was cool at first, didnt workout, time to get rid of it imo.

Open to your suggestions tho if you have any.

4-Lom 09-14-2020 04:28 AM

To keep the train going (I get u goat),

There's another challenge in being able to mod, change your house. There would need to be some kind of state/layout submission method that worked for everyone. That screenshot creator still doesn't work on my side last I checked... Gets the layers all wrong on objects...

GOAT 09-14-2020 08:30 PM

@4-loom
Spoiler

@convict
You don’t dictate whats considered a “real” housebuilder
I didn’t have the need to show-off my stats and you shouldn’t either
All leaderboards are broken and none of them represent the best in any category
I stand by my opinion that you decorate because you wanted a leaderboard spot

My idea: let it go. It’s just Graal.
Amiright?

What’s your in-game name I’ll go give you a like :0