Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Chat (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   IPCC Special Report on Global Warming (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40948)

Aguzo 10-10-2018 06:36 AM

IPCC Special Report on Global Warming

Apparently, we have until 2030.

"Global net human-caused emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) would need to fall by about 45 percent from 2010 levels by 2030, reaching 'net zero' around 2050." (IPCC)

here is the press release
http://www.ipcc.ch/news_and_events/p..._P48_spm.shtml

Colin 10-10-2018 03:07 PM

@Mount doesn’t believe in global warming/climate change, someone who’s his friend DM him this thread, let’s see what rebuttal he can come up with (he actually had a mental breakdown when we were arguing the science behind it)

Ark 10-11-2018 12:09 AM

At least mainstream media is actually reporting on it for once ...

Eugeen 10-11-2018 01:20 AM

Interesting but I can’t say that I care much about whether the world goes through some apocalypse or not

TomatoPanda 10-12-2018 04:02 AM

You all do realize the Poles arnt suppose to have ice there in the first place? Were technically still in a Ice Age. Let the ice melt the faster it all melts the sooner we know how much land we really have on earth to live on

Aguzo 10-12-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 819576)
You all do realize the Poles arnt suppose to have ice there in the first place? Were technically still in a Ice Age. Let the ice melt the faster it all melts the sooner we know how much land we really have on earth to live on

The north and south pole have always been colder than the rest of the planet, because they don't get any direct sunlight. Yes, it's been said that at some point these areas weren't covered in ice. I don't believe the problem is that the ice is melting (natural process), but more so the rate at which it's melting, which is said to be an effect of recent rapidity of global warming (due to increased atmospheric CO2 concentration).

Earth could adapt with gradual change, as it always has. However, due to the increased rate at which the planet is warming, it will become challenging for plants, animals, and humans to adapt quickly enough to survive.

Rusix 10-12-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Posted by TomatoPanda (Post 819576)

Of course, Let the sea level raise drastically and take away habitats and areas where animals may live to mess up the entire ecosystem. Flood peoples homes and everything else. Sounds like a plan of a next gen genius

Vendetta 10-12-2018 01:32 PM

Wow, I didn't realise that many people believe climate change is a hoax. Could someone who voted that way explain why? I don't understand how anyone could come to that conclusion after looking at the evidence.

Adrian 10-12-2018 01:43 PM

You should be very stupid to think that climate change is a joke.

Rusix 10-12-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 819582)
Wow, I didn't realise that many people believe climate change is a hoax. Could someone who voted that way explain why? I don't understand how anyone could come to that conclusion after looking at the evidence.

Basically same reason why there is still people who think the world is flat. There is idiots, Idiots everywhere

Vendetta 10-12-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by Rusix (Post 819584)
Basically same reason why there is still people who think the world is flat. There is idiots, Idiots everywhere

Yeah I do get that, but more than 20% of people voted that they thought it was a hoax. That's a crazy amount of delusional people, no?

Pokki 10-12-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 819585)
Yeah I do get that, but more than 20% of people voted that they thought it was a hoax. That's a crazy amount of delusional people, no?

trolling or joking

MrSimons 10-16-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 819585)

Pretty sure POTUS, VPOTUS, and a ton of other high level members of the US govt dont "believe" in climate change...

Colin 10-17-2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 819735)
Pretty sure POTUS, VPOTUS, and a ton of other high level members of the US govt dont "believe" in climate change...

Yeah the last Prime Minister of Canada didn’t, he actually tried to pass a bill that classified climate change/global warming protests as terrorism, and that they were unlawfully causing fear to other Canadians

TomatoPanda 10-17-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by MrSimons (Post 819735)

Trump and Pompeo believe in it they just know
that theres NOTHING that can be done to stop it. Only way to stop it is if All of Europe, China, India, America, Japan and Russia all sat down and said lets do something about this and even if we did sit down and did something about it the poles would still be melting but we may be able to get ourselves maybe another 30 years lol. Thats why im all for the poles to melt so we can get this over with. Yes some species of animals are gonna go extinct because of this and yes many people even may die and deffently going to lose their homes, but there is nothing that can be done that everyone would agree to.