Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   GraalOnline Ol' West (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Farming Rework part 1 (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41519)

Steena 07-18-2019 03:45 PM

If you're unable to do an automatic refund for the old garden plots, can you just make it a full refund for that one furniture item so that players can just refund it from their furniture inventories themselves? An update to the memo in the garden shop that currently still states tomorrow, would also be nice. Many of us are still waiting and wondering. Thank you.

ihermes 07-18-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Posted by Steena (Post 826656)
If you're unable to do an automatic refund for the old garden plots, can you just make it a full refund for that one furniture item so that players can just refund it from their furniture inventories themselves? An update to the memo in the garden shop that currently still states tomorrow, would also be nice. Many of us are still waiting and wondering. Thank you.

yea thats pretty much what we did, you are now able to sell your old gardens for full price

Steena 07-19-2019 04:40 AM

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Kate R. 07-20-2019 04:54 AM

I heard something else will be added as a trading currency instead of crops? is this true?

ninja12 07-25-2019 01:08 AM

New Farming system is bad

I been playing Ol West for 1 year. I loved the game. I started farming after 6 months and had my main account farm and 3 other farm accounts. It was lots of work. You can't make money farming unless you have money to buy seed, take a lot of time harvesting and replanting seeds.

If you can earn a million worth of gralats by farming YOU EARNED IT! And isn't that the point? Hard work = Rewards.

The new system was started without any warning. Of course, I bet the admins had warning, didn't they? They had time to prepare and could adjust by dumping certain crops or not buying new plots, making sure they had their share of profits from farming while the rest of us were screwed over.

I don't want to bother arguing about changing back to the old farm system because the admins in charge obviously like controlling things and can't be convinced to change back.

And I'm not alone in the way I think about this. But I wish you'd at least refund all of the players back their gralats for seed they bought previous to the farm update. I don't need seed anymore, I'm not farming anymore. What's the point? it's now a system rigged to keep you online 24/7 for very little profit.

Funny thing is you know who got me started on farming? Admins, who boasted about havin 7-10 farm accounts. I really admired them for their hard work and advice. Seems like at least some of them made their millions though and didn't care about the rest of us who will just end up being poor suckers now that everything is rigged towards a slave economy.

RIP OL WEST!

Aftermath 07-25-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826700)
I been playing Ol West for 1 year. I loved the game. I started farming after 6 months and had my main account farm and 3 other farm accounts. It was lots of work. You can't make money farming unless you have money to buy seed, take a lot of time harvesting and replanting seeds.

If you can earn a million worth of gralats by farming YOU EARNED IT! And isn't that the point? Hard work = Rewards.

The new system was started without any warning. Of course, I bet the admins had warning, didn't they? They had time to prepare and could adjust by dumping certain crops or not buying new plots, making sure they had their share of profits from farming while the rest of us were screwed over.

I don't want to bother arguing about changing back to the old farm system because the admins in charge obviously like controlling things and can't be convinced to change back.

And I'm not alone in the way I think about this. But I wish you'd at least refund all of the players back their gralats for seed they bought previous to the farm update. I don't need seed anymore, I'm not farming anymore. What's the point? it's now a system rigged to keep you online 24/7 for very little profit.

Funny thing is you know who got me started on farming? Admins, who boasted about havin 7-10 farm accounts. I really admired them for their hard work and advice. Seems like at least some of them made their millions though and didn't care about the rest of us who will just end up being poor suckers now that everything is rigged towards a slave economy.

RIP OL WEST!

Shut it, you’re part of the problem for having multiple accounts and encouraging them to gut farming, people obviously didn’t earn those millions from any effort. It takes 10 minutes to go on your stupid accounts and plant seeds on all of them so don’t act like it’s fair. I’ve never seen any admins talk about having 10 accounts so that’s probably a bs excuse to make you feel better about being punished for borderline cheating.

ninja12 07-28-2019 02:50 AM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 826704)
Shut it, you’re part of the problem for having multiple accounts and encouraging them to gut farming, people obviously didn’t earn those millions from any effort. It takes 10 minutes to go on your stupid accounts and plant seeds on all of them so don’t act like it’s fair. I’ve never seen any admins talk about having 10 accounts so that’s probably a bs excuse to make you feel better about being punished for borderline cheating.

I'll say it again: it took a lot of work and time on the old farm system to raise the money to buy the seed and the plots and place them over serveral accounts, harvest, repeat the process over and over and then sell your crops, buy more seed, etc.

It was hard work. I only had 4 accounts total. If someone had the patience, time and perserverance to do this with 10 accounts, they EARNED what they reaped! I admired the admins and tried to imitate them. So I feel somewhat betrayed.

Just because you and others got jealous and complained, manipulated and change the rules without warning to the rest of us who played hard and fair, doesn't make it right.

We played by the rules, we in a sense mastered the art of making money and a decision was made to make the entire game a slave economy now. The noobs won't know the difference, but those of us who farmed at least 6 months to a year or more know the real story.

Aftermath 07-28-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826713)
I'll say it again: it took a lot of work and time on the old farm system to raise the money to buy the seed and the plots and place them over serveral accounts, harvest, repeat the process over and over and then sell your crops, buy more seed, etc.

It was hard work. I only had 4 accounts total. If someone had the patience, time and perserverance to do this with 10 accounts, they EARNED what they reaped! I admired the admins and tried to imitate them. So I feel somewhat betrayed.

Just because you and others got jealous and complained, manipulated and change the rules without warning to the rest of us who played hard and fair, doesn't make it right.

We played by the rules, we in a sense mastered the art of making money and a decision was made to make the entire game a slave economy now. The noobs won't know the difference, but those of us who farmed at least 6 months to a year or more know the real story.

I’m not gonna add much to the argument but that was one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read, you’re not working in a coal mine in a 3rd world country, you’re doing a job in an online game that takes 15 minutes at most. I’ve gotten by just fine for 3 years with one account and people exploiting farming like this are the reason farming was gutted in the first place.

You’ve only got yourself to blame. :/

ninja12 07-28-2019 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Aftermath;826714]I’m not gonna add much to the argument but that was one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read, you’re not working in a coal mine in a 3rd world country, you’re doing a job in an online game that takes 15 minutes at most. I’ve gotten by just fine for 3 years with one account and people exploiting farming like this are the reason farming was gutted in the first place.

You’ve only got yourself to blame. :/[/QUOTE

Working 4 farms was a lot of work and took more than 15 minutes. I'm thinking you didn't farm much. I don't know what your agenda is but I've presented some good points and I back it up with data such as the following:

In the old farm system it would take roughly 10 minutes to harvest 4 farms, or 20 - 25 minutes with 10 farms (each 60 plots). If you were to harvest onions every 3 hours doing it 5 times a day that would equal 5x25= 125 minutes or roughly slightly more than 2 hours for 10 farms.

The seed cost for 10 farms harvested 5 times a day would be (10 x 60) x 5 = 3000
which comes out to $75k gralats expenses. The 5 harvests for 10 farms wouild be
(10x5) x 240 = 12k oc or $120k gralats. 120k-75k = 45k total profit for a 2hour total farming day.

If you were to fish at level 60. A good fisher can catch 400-500 sharks an hour, which I'll average out to 450. That comes to 900 sharks for 2 hours work or 45k gralats worth of sharks.

Similar cases of profit can be made for mining. I've had friends who said they could even make a larger profit margin than fishing in the same time, mining at the highest levels.

I found farming to be the easiest although it required a lot of work initially getting the capital to buy all those seeds, selling the crops, buying more seeds, planting, repeating the process over and over. And I will say again it was work and if you could perservere through it you earned it.

I'm only replying to you for the sake of others who read this thread and who think like me and are afraid to speak out. I am also replying to make a documented record of what it was like on Ol West before it was ruined.

Again, the changes were made without warning making it unfair to the rest of us who played by the rules and successfully achieved high levels of profit through honest fair hard work!

On the first day of change when I was with fellow players and friends in the Farm store, I said: "Why are they changing the rules all of a sudden because people are making money from it?" Another friend said, "I thought that was the point of work, to make money".

Those of us who were successful at farming did so through hard work and earned our money.

RIP OL WEST!

Aftermath 07-28-2019 07:24 PM

I’ll be honest, I agree with you that the new farming system isn’t good for the game but honestly I couldn’t care less about this game right now. I’m just pointing out how stupid it is to think that it’s hard work to farm in graal. It’s not hard work and it never was, farming has been a money printing machine for years. now if you want to say that now it’s hard to exploit the game because they did this to farming then that would make sense, but I think the whole purpose of this is to keep people like you to stop their precious “hard work”, whoops.

ninja12 07-28-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Aftermath (Post 826720)
I’ll be honest, I agree with you that the new farming system isn’t good for the game but honestly I couldn’t care less about this game right now....

Ok thanks for your honesty: You don't care about the game and you admit the new farm system sucks. We agree on the farming then to a certain extent, but you and I differ in a big way. I care about the game and I think Ol West is great! I like playing it and being with the other players.

Maybe you've outgrown it and should move on.

MysticalDragon 07-30-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by ninja12 (Post 826721)
Ok thanks for your honesty: You don't care about the game and you admit the new farm system sucks. We agree on the farming then to a certain extent, but you and I differ in a big way. I care about the game and I think Ol West is great! I like playing it and being with the other players.

Maybe you've outgrown it and should move on.

I updated the farming system. Not really going to get into this to deep but 75k gralats profit really? And you say the farming system was perfectly fine? Sorry, my friend, the system was abused and it was abused majorly. When the original farming system was created it was never taken into account about players creating multiple accounts to set up some type of gralat harvesting system. This is considered an exploit, this is not how the system was meant to be used. You sit there and complain about reaping from an exploit like it should have never been patched. Get with the program, when exploits happen I will patch them.
When I created the system, NO olwest staff new until it was released. Stop assuming things because you can't just reap 75k profit in a few hours. Complaining over and over again IS NOT going to revert this system. There truly needed to have some check and balances in place. When farming was added it was meant to be a side job, something to do to earn a little extra cash. Again complaining about how much you dislike how we patched an exploit isn't going to change anything, and will simply lead to you being ignored. On the other hand, give opinions and suggestions on how the system can be improved not reverted.

ninja12 07-30-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 826741)
I updated the farming system. Not really going to get into this to deep but 75k gralats profit really? And you say the farming system was perfectly fine?

Hello Mystical Dragon:

I don't want to sound like a bratty kid. Maybe I didn't make it clear that $75k was the gross profit. When you subtract the cost of seed it comes to $45k net profit. And that is for more than 2 hours of work (a less experienced player or maybe one that isn't as capable at using keys might take even longer). I tried to show also that farming at the highest level in fishing and mining, one could also earn just as much without as much capital invested like you do for farming buying all that seed.

It is work and it's a slow process and I maintain if you were able to keep it up for months and earn $1million you earned it!

You say you developed the new farming system. I can see you don't want to revert but don't you think it would be fair to refund people for the seed they bought previous to the unannounced farm changes?

I don't want to farm anymore and sorry I don't have any suggestions as I consider it slave labor wages. What do you expect from me and the other players who played by the rules, didn't use hacks or other means to fairly earn money. And then all of a sudden, you and others start accusing us of cheating/exploiting?

It's an insult.

Sorry but that's the way I feel and if my punishment is being ignored, so be it, I will say what I feel. It's my right and duty as a person who believes in fair play.

Like I said, I love the game, but for you to simply say I have to accept it, I also have the right to refuse.

Aftermath 07-30-2019 11:15 PM

Good to see another person here has a brain. I’m not sure when this will get through your extremely thick skull but let me explain it in a way you might understand
Farming was never meant to be a main job.
Using multiple accounts was and is an exploit and is why farming was changed.
Believe it or not amassing a million in gralats in a few months is a ton.
Comparing new farming to slave labor is possibly the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen.
Everyone got a refund because old farming plots sell for 250 now.
You standing up for fair play is like Stalin being an advocate for capitalism how in the world is multiple accounts fair play? You’re doing as one person something only multiple people can do, how mangled and twisted can your logic be to think something like that is fair?
It’s not an insult, it’s the truth.

ninja12 07-31-2019 01:06 AM

If you were able to go through the process of raising
enough money to buy all that seed for several accounts,
then patiently planting, harvesting, selling, buying seed
planting, harvesting, etc. etc. you EARNED that money.

I don't think you really did any serious farming. I can tell
from the way you kept saying it only takes 10 minutes to
harvest in your previous posts you never did enough farming
to know how much time and effort it takes.

As for fair, I don't think it's fair to those players who bought
a large amount of seed and were not warned that the
farming system would change. I think they should be
allowed refunds. Plots are nothing in expense to the cost
of seed.

You are another person who sounds like a bully and wants
everyone to go along with a system just because you say
it's good.

uhuh...lotta players diagree and they don't have access to
this forum.