Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Future Improvements (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do sumthin (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40874)

Pokki 09-16-2018 02:50 AM

Do sumthin

Can y’all just do sum and make this game fun?? like fr im bored as hell

YernuMaster 09-16-2018 02:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Pokki (Post 818417)
Can y’all just do sum and make this game fun?? like fr im bored as hell

It's just how Graal's always been. Servers don't put enough into developing the games core systems, so that it can provide any type of lengthy or varied gameplay. In the end, all the servers at the moment are just avatar based chat rooms with the ability to obtain items from money you get after tapping a single button for days on end, with various themes to do the same exact thing. Fun right?! Yeahhhh..

Until something changes with someone actually putting effort forth and develops a server with REAL core systems that are able to provide any type of longevity, a more personal sense of progression and player cooperation, nothing is going to change. Hence why PC Graal has finally died down after all these years. People realized that its the same old bullcrap and that nothing was going to change, finally said "f*ck it" and decided to leave.

Believe it or not, PC Graal used to have as many players as mobile does now!

4-Lom 09-16-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 818418)
all the servers at the moment are just avatar based chat rooms with the ability to obtain items from money you get after tapping a single button for days on end, with various themes to do the same exact thing. Fun right?!

I believe the term you're looking for is a 'candy box' game.
There are a few outside activities, but for the most part it has the same scheme as you describe, for sure.

I feel that having a well defined monetization strategy (paymium, freemium, free to play, pay to win, etc) would help generate content based around the way that they want users to experience the game.

Right now it's super messy, mainly due to there being a mish mash of different development styles over the years and a clear lack of direction.

Look at the menu system - 6 different entries into 5 different systems, none of which actively link up to one another. Not to mention the graphic style in the menu has no link to the graphic style in the rest of the game. These details break immersion and make menu work a detriment to gameplay instead of an enhancement.

Rusix 09-16-2018 04:05 AM

The entire game of classic is messy like 4-Lom said, It also doesn't help when devs seem to honestly not really fix problems but rather a fast slap fix or not even a fix at all. Like their embarrassing Anti-Macro attempt that can be bypassed by using a macro(Genius am I right? A sticker to whoever invented that). And completely and forever hurting communities like towering by removing the hat rewards which makes no point to doing it at all. Removing explosive arrows, ect...doesn't help either when admins like alex88 randomly ban you for winning an event, which wouldn't be a big deal of toonslab would at least read and or respond to tickets...

All for all. Yeah something definitely has to be done about Classic in so many areas

ZedFox 09-16-2018 04:06 AM

You know what would be awesome? Randomly generated dungeons akin to The Legend of Zelda.

YernuMaster 09-16-2018 04:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by 4-Lom (Post 818419)
I believe the term you're looking for is a 'candy box' game.
There are a few outside activities, but for the most part it has the same scheme as you describe, for sure.

I feel that having a well defined monetization strategy (paymium, freemium, free to play, pay to win, etc) would help generate content based around the way that they want users to experience the game.

Right now it's super messy, mainly due to there being a mish mash of different development styles over the years and a clear lack of direction.

Look at the menu system - 6 different entries into 5 different systems, none of which actively link up to one another. Not to mention the graphic style in the menu has no link to the graphic style in the rest of the game. These details break immersion and make menu work a detriment to gameplay instead of an enhancement.

I wouldn't say a valid solution would be to give developers MORE ways to swindle players out of their money in various ways. Lmao. All this would result in, is more complaints for the lack of content within each "bracket of pay options". Graal servers in general just need to do more planning and develop systems around which players will have a constant means of varied gameplay and general progression. If players were provided with actual FUN throughout their entire time in the game.. where playing the game ACTUALLY meant "playing" the game and doing things really meant something to the player more often than not, I'm sure Graal would benefit and get more money out of players in general, because they wouldn't ONLY be buying into the game just when new items or some other small meaningless things are released.. but instead would want to invest in the game because of the continued enjoyment throughout the gameplay experience.

This is what all Graal servers are missing and it's literally always been that way. Simply because of the lack of direction from the beginning of developing the server and more-so, the lack of meaningful content. Which continues to stay the same and instead gets "filler content", where instead of any meaningful updates to servers being released, 19 updates out of 20 are just new hats or silly items being released to keep players from lingering on the fact that nothing is actually being changed to make the general experience more fun or enjoyable.

But hey.. what can you do. There's no fixing the existing servers in my opinion, because of how dragged out their development/content process has been. The only way to get anything done right on Graal and make something fun with it, is to do it right from the beginning. Build a server with a clear direction and systems designed to ensure longevity in playing the server. That's my thoughts on it at least.

4-Lom 09-16-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by YernuMaster (Post 818424)
I wouldn't say a valid solution would be to give developers MORE ways to swindle players

Actually I was suggesting more so that they adhere to a tried and true system that has already been outlined rather than all the experimenting going on. This would allow for development in other areas in an 'environment' that had a strong structure, not forcing them to reinvent the wheel every year when it comes to events or game features.

Quote:

Posted by ZedFox (Post 818421)
You know what would be awesome? Randomly generated dungeons akin to The Legend of Zelda.

I 100% agree with this. According to what we've been told the server 'can't handle' this sort of thing.

If you have a chance check out 'path of exile' - another free to play game (actually free to play, only cosmetics are purchased, with no in-game benefit other than looks). There's a labyrinth area that randomly generates every day. You can re-enter it, explore with your friends, or whatever... and in the next 'day' it completely reinvents itself again.

This allows the drain on server resources to be kept to a minimum, grants the ability to make timed runs a thing (unified areas, but in a randomized way that remains fresh even after a few months of play), and could potentially be a framework for multiple dungeon areas with different themes (volcano, underwater, desert, forest, whatever) being applied by simply changing the tilesets.

h0lim 09-16-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by ZedFox (Post 818421)

I feedback the idea for a tower like that, 100 or so floor randomly generated, can get in groups of 3 players and win some loot to sell maybe, even held a a score board for those who get on the last floor! That’d be interesting!