Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Old Graal (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30319)

zowie 07-27-2015 04:51 PM

Old Graal

Well, I played this years ago when there was only one server. I remember the amazing feeling when Valikorlia became part of the world, accessible through the Stone of Midora (or something) in the southern part of the swamps, letting you pick a class (simply amazing new experience for me).

Anyway... What the hell happened to that experience? In specific, I knew at one point there used to be old files laying around on the internet of the old Graal release which had single player, split-screen mode.

Anyone know if those links are still around? IF not, WHY NOT?!!! Stefan! Gimme old releases!!!

I would LOVE to play through this game in offline with all the old quests. They were so much fun. It was an epic journey to collect all the Graals and go to the Golden Land, going to CC land and getting the lvl2 sword if you hadn't already received it from Master Li.

Now I just look at the state of online play and realize it's all about money and the casual market. I just want to play the old Graal once more, it was such a big part of my childhood.

Elk 07-27-2015 04:57 PM

Stefan isnt part of Graal Online anymore

zowie 07-27-2015 05:14 PM

That's a shame.

Who is in charge now?

Any old releases lying around? My googlefu did not manage to find anything.

kenthefruit 07-27-2015 06:46 PM

ToonSlab is now fully in charge (formally known as Eurocenter).

Wolfie 07-27-2015 11:58 PM

Unixmad is in charge of Graal now, since Stefan left.

Sardon 07-28-2015 03:18 AM

Everything good ends because of $

SouthernZombie* 07-28-2015 09:53 AM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Basi 07-28-2015 11:07 PM

If you are interested i have all the files from 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, and 2006 as well as Graal Online Version 1.1.9, 1.3, and 1.3.9. You can download the editor and open these .nw files in editor and walk around.

DarkLord 07-29-2015 12:54 AM

I have every single file from every graal version and server and you can interact with the NPCS (meaning you can complete quests)

zowie 07-29-2015 06:42 AM

@ DarkLord and Basi
WOW! Now that's thinking ahead!

Is there any possibility of uploading these files to somewhere, or even making a website so that people can download and play the old Graal? I'm not sure which versions would be the most fun, so I'd probably want to try all of them :D

Sardon 07-29-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by DarkLord (Post 598353)
I have every single file from every graal version and server and you can interact with the NPCS (meaning you can complete quests)

even 2008?

zowie 07-29-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Posted by DarkLord (Post 598353)

Do you have playerworld server files? That would blow my mind to play offline on Valikorlia, testing out all their classes, warping into all the levels to find out all of its secrets. What a blast from the past that would be.

Of course, if I could just play the main server release from 1998 that would make me very happy. Especially if I could split-screen offline with a friend. I know that at some point the quests on classic server got overhauled and heart containers were replaced with hera tears. Which release was that?

Graal has such a deep history, it would be a shame if newer players never got to experience the depth of level design and gameplay that it once offered.

Sardon 07-29-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Posted by zowie (Post 598528)
Do you have playerworld server files? That would blow my mind to play offline on Valikorlia, testing out all their classes, warping into all the levels to find out all of its secrets. What a blast from the past that would be.

Of course, if I could just play the main server release from 1998 that would make me very happy. Especially if I could split-screen offline with a friend. I know that at some point the quests on classic server got overhauled and heart containers were replaced with hera tears. Which release was that?

Graal has such a deep history, it would be a shame if newer players never got to experience the depth of level design and gameplay that it once offered.

I wanna see offline val

Basi 07-29-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Posted by zowie (Post 598451)
@ DarkLord and Basi
WOW! Now that's thinking ahead!

Is there any possibility of uploading these files to somewhere, or even making a website so that people can download and play the old Graal? I'm not sure which versions would be the most fun, so I'd probably want to try all of them :D

you are able to dig pretty deep if you go to this internet archive website and go to graalonline.com and select which year you'd like to see graalonline.com

zowie 07-29-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Basi (Post 598556)
you are able to dig pretty deep if you go to this internet archive website and go to graalonline.com and select which year you'd like to see graalonline.com

Neat, that's a lot of website backups. BUT all the downloads are 404 :unsure: