Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Does anyone know how to use Excel? (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40725)

Asaiki 07-25-2018 12:24 PM

Does anyone know how to use Excel?

I've like got an assignment for it tomorrow, like a fare calculator?

Like why the hell would I use excel to compute my fairs when I could just switch out my calculator on my phone?

The Doctor 07-25-2018 01:43 PM

Excel is a very powerful tool and it allows you to do calculations on multiple parts of data. For instance, you can sum up a whole column A (rows 1-10) by doing =SUM(A1:A10). I won’t go into detail, but it’s one of the most useful number processing tools out there.

Asaiki 07-25-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Posted by The Doctor (Post 815932)
Excel is a very powerful tool and it allows you to do calculations on multiple parts of data. For instance, you can sum up a whole column A (rows 1-10) by doing =SUM(A1:A10). I won’t go into detail, but it’s one of the most useful number processing tools out there.

I know it is but my teacher is asking me to only use multiplication and minus sign to solve this question:

Input KM: 4

Hi Your Total Fare is 9.00php
* 3KM below is 8.00php
* Add 1.00php per additional KM

Like it's soo annoying there's a simple way to do it but noOOo, She annoys the heck out of me since she didn't explain anything just gave us examples OmG lOL

Asaiki 07-25-2018 03:53 PM

finally a code has been born! LOL

I don't know how to turn it into - and * only since like the sum always is different with the original formula like it's soo frustrating to work with this teacher I cannot!
=IF(A2<3,8 ,8+A2−3)

Helpp meeeeeeee it's been an hour just for a strand of code

4-Lom 09-07-2018 05:23 PM

No one really knows how to use it. It's just there. Folks who think they know how always find deeper and deeper levels of mastery they have never fathomed.

MrSimons 09-22-2018 06:09 PM

I don't know how to use Excel and I really wish I did, one of my coworkers is really good with it and has been able to put together a few documents that save our team so much time with calculations.

Highly recommend paying attention to your class if you are learning to use Excel.

Saeed 09-22-2018 06:23 PM

If you still need help let me know. I was learning Excel, Adobe flash and VB+Python last year. Excep is easy to use once you get the hang of it, access database is pretty hard and i’m struggling with it now.

Snaper dog 10-21-2018 08:17 AM

I just got certified in excel lol.

Dusty 10-21-2018 12:36 PM

I use it for budgeting. Can put in my income, and just keep adding rows of any bills and it will calculate how much money I earn vs spend and give me whatever discretionary income I have left over. It can be very powerful and if this project seems like it's a waste of time it's so you're not being thrown into the deep end. Learn it and it'll be useful... also looks good on your resume.

Kendama 10-22-2018 10:59 AM

I manage an armory bay in the marines which is ALOT of numbers. Each rifle, scope, and optic has its own individual serial number. Think of trying to find a specific one for whatever reason through an array of 170+ rifles. Excel actually makes it easy. Type up all the serial numbers and what rack they sit in, and then add who the rifle is assigned to in another column. It makes it take 5 seconds to find basically anything I need- as well as it's simple and easy to understand for other users.

Also, if a rifle breaks or needs maintenxance, I can highlight a row red or yellow to warn me before I send it out of the armory.

Frankly, mastering excel is one of the absolute best organization skills you can make.

GOAT 10-22-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kendama (Post 820044)
I manage an armory bay in the marines which is ALOT of numbers. Each rifle, scope, and optic has its own individual serial number. Think of trying to find a specific one for whatever reason through an array of 170+ rifles. Excel actually makes it easy. Type up all the serial numbers and what rack they sit in, and then add who the rifle is assigned to in another column. It makes it take 5 seconds to find basically anything I need- as well as it's simple and easy to understand for other users.

Also, if a rifle breaks or needs maintenxance, I can highlight a row red or yellow to warn me before I send it out of the armory.

Frankly, mastering excel is one of the absolute best organization skills you can make.

You had female drill instructors at Parris Island?:D